It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous attacks Venezuelan Government , Twitter blocked by government after students killed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I have written a long thread about the protests which is still being updated with lots of photos, information and videos.
Here

I am currently in Venezuela so have 1st hand information. For those of you that don't know, there has been over a week of student protests. On Wednesday 3 students were murdered . One girl was shot point blank in the head.

As this is about anonymous and twitter, I decided to start a new thread. This information needs to get out to the world so please contribute to the other thread as well as this one. This is not about flags and stars, this is about getting the information out to the world.

Anonymous has blocked numerous government sites in response to the violence. Here is their video on the subject.

The sites that are down are. Conatel, (monitors the press) Hydrolara ( a state water company) and the Minster of planning and finance. There are a lot of IT students here in Venezuela so I am not the least bit surprised.

The Venezuelan government says 60 sites are down.
informe21.com...

A Total of 60 portals officers have been affected by cyber attacks, said Friday the Minister of Science, Technology and Innovation, Manuel Fernández. Through the Twitter account of this office, @ MCTI , Fernandez reported further that "a GSM base station that serves the Metro station (of Carcass), Altamira was raped by groups of vandalism."

Also the social media giant twitter is saying that images are being blocked by Cantv (the government run internet provider)

Most people here get their information via twitter as the tv stations are no longer allowed to broadcast anything anti government.

linky

Twitter Inc. (TWTR) said the Venezuelan government blocked users’ online images as opposition groups marched through Caracas for a third day, demonstrating against record shortages and the world’s fastest inflation.

Nu Wexler, a Twitter spokesman, confirmed in an e-mail that the government was behind the disruption. President Nicolas Maduro banned protests Feb. 12 and has asked his supporters to counter with a “march against fascism” tomorrow, in a week of social unrest that has left at least three Venezuelans dead.

Please show your support for the Venezuelan people, they are just like you and me. This information needs to get out.

Please read my other thread for uHEREpdates, pictures and videos
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The government has just announced a counter march for tomorrow (for peace) I can see tomorrow as another day of bloodshed

Stay safe people

edit on 14-2-2014 by maythetruthbeknown because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2014 by maythetruthbeknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

I see that Rihanna has tweeted on twitter.twitter.com...

Rihanna ‏@rihanna Feb 13

Please keep the people of Venezuela in your prayers! Devastating to see!

Not that it makes much difference but at least she seems to care and a few of her fans weil see this. Although saying that she has 34 million followers. Ok good on you Rihanna...

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

dang...stay safe mate...thx for the info...

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

Thankyou I will. Check out my other thread for updates and pictures.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Is there a silver lining to be found here?

Like maybe the start of WWIII? All out nuclear exchanges preferred.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Peace would be nice but I have a feeling things are going to get a lot worse.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I'm being fair about it.
Wishing it for everyone.
Out, out brief candle.
All for naught.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

You may feel like that now, but things can change. There are lot of good people out there still. There is a lot of love in the world. Sometimes you just need to take a step back and not focus on the negative but try to look at the positive aspects in life. I know it is hard some times ,but there is always hope. The world is a beautiful place, full of beautiful things.

Take care and keep your head up
Regards

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

A few more pictures of the last few days . Al lot more can be found on my other thread that I am updating by the hour

March in Caracas

Police with tear gas and shotguns

one of the police caught on camera shooting at students

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

lol butcher ive been coming across your last few posts....i appreciate the negativity honestly...I just had a convo with one of my friends saying "you know...maybe a big war to knock all of us on our ass is just what we need" ....so although you seem a bit of a troll hahah I can relate to your several recent posts.

On topic...I dont think venz is a big enough player in the game to trigger ww3.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

A good video showing some photos from the previous days..

Protests are continuing today

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

haha that guy climbing the shields....he has balls that clank man hahha

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

This is another great video. Warning contain graphic images.

All these images and more can be found at this thread

Show your support for these injustices

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

What is happening in Venezuela is very sad to see but the people do need to make a stand before all their freedoms are taking away and their voice is no longer able to be heard.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

A Columbia news channel NTN 24 had been shut down for reporting on the protests.
Muduro says it is because the ex president of Columbia (Alvaro Uribe) is behind the channel.

The Colombian news channel NTN 24, which transmits through cable in Venezuela, was taken off the air after reporting on the massive protests that shook the entire country on Feb. 12. According to Caracol Radio, the Venezuelan government said the news channel was misinforming on the events.

link

top topics

join