It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey You, Be My Valentine! [Feb2014]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Hey You!
Yes, you over there
Slumped over your computer
With your hands in your hair.
Emptiness in your heart,
And a belly full of despair.
The one who feels that nobody cares,
Or even knows you exist.
Yes you, my dear,
You're on my list.

I want valentines who are lost and alone
With shattered hearts
and quiet phones.
The ones who are passed by
Who spend V-day in solitude
Watching lovers flutter by
Suffering in a sorrowful mood.

I want the ones who say,
I don't care about cards and words,
It's just a stupid day
While pain goes though their heart like swords.

I see your beauty
I see it shine
Just for V-day
I want to make you mine.

You are awesome, you have worth
You are unique and beyond compare
So stand up on this Earth
Be brave and take my dare.

Say it loud back to me,
I'll be your valentine, if you'll be mine!
My heart will be full,
The feeling, sublime.

For we are all one
Me and you, and you over there too
I send a valentine's hug your way,
Happy V-day to you!

edit on 13-2-2014 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I will bite, the pathetic sop I am.
Thank you, I will be your valentine.
As I am you and you are me.

Earlier tonight I was composing an "I've got the blues'" song in my mind.
Maybe I will get it all out. It is not about me personally, just this constant societal drag, this slavery that life has become.
Your valentine made me smile.
Others here should just take that big hug, without pride, and enjoy it!
Thank you!

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Yes!

I be your Valentine......

Best Valentine Poem...EVER....

Des

(post by InTheFlesh1980 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

InTheFlesh1980

[SNIP]

I'm the police but thank GOD, the red light is busted so only the blue is flashing right now.

You need to know this: you smashed the swelling of my chest as I was riding a wave of Valentine's love. I'm serious.
edit on 2/14/2014 by kosmicjack because: removed offensive quoted content

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

Seems with all the stars and flags you are out-numbered. There is no reason for you to come in here, knowing there are a lot of hurting souls who could use a lift today. That was just mean!!

I'll take that Valentine hug!!
edit on 14-2-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

You mad, bro?

Happy Valentine's Day to you.

It wasn't meant to be a work of art, or a literary masterpiece. It was simply my heart speaking to those who are feeling down and ignored on this day. We can do that here, can't we?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
For the rest of you who could read between the lines, much love to you today. As much as you feel alone, you are NOT. That is my message, the truth of our mental connection on this planet. Our society makes us feel alone, separates us, judges us, and makes us feel unworthy.

On this day, which is dedicated to love and romance and all that sloppy stuff, close your eyes, be still, and know that some of us out there care.

Just for today, enjoy the sappy!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Stay away from my thread then, as it was no literary masterpiece either.

What is was - here as well as there - was heart-felt. And sometimes that's all that matters because that is where true beauty resides.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Incredibly beautiful !!

S&F. Oh, and Thank you !

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Not mad!

I don't think it's fair that in the short stories forum people are not allowed to express an opinion without being censured, not just in this thread but generally speaking.

Inevitably, literary works, however big or small, will evoke an opinion from a reader.

I have noticed that in this forum only positive responses are permitted to a certain degree.

If I post something in the short stories forum, I would hope that whatever response it evokes from a reader, positive or negative, would be allowed to be stated.

It is not bullying nor reckless negativity to have an opinion about a written work, nor it is a judgement on the author. It is simply a response to a collection of words.

The message to garner from this experience is: "My fellow ATSers, only post a response to a literary work in the short stories forum if you are going to lavish praise on the effort. Any other expressed opinion will have the post removed and you will be berated by the membership as if you punched a grandma in the face. Oh, and by the way, this applies to some but not all here." That is not a realistic environment for the presentation of anything, let alone poetry, prose, or the like.

All that said, I wish everyone the best in their writing endeavors, but make no apologies for having an opinion outside of the standard and encouraged practice of appeasement in this forum.

Besides, does it REALLY matter that much? Happy Valentine's Day in Candyland!

edit on 2/14/2014 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Aww, FissionSurplus...that was lovely!
(Yep, that's me....slumped over my computer, lol)

Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

jacygirl

P.S. I'm getting really sick of the poetry-haters. Think I might have to get all indignant, and write them a poem, lol.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

There are not many true poets who walk the earth. My daughter happened to have been one, God rest her soul. People such as myself who are not so gifted, when we find ourselves in the company of greatness we take notice.

If you wish to raise the bar of greatness at ATS you are welcome to it. Anyone can be a critic and you have proven yourself apt in this category, but if you wish to raise our standard then you must set the pace and BE great in that thing you are critical of.

Don't worry, should we find you are truly great then we will take notice. But personally, I believe those who are truly great are the ones less apt to be critical of others, since they understand most what lay bare when one faces the world with a true gift.

Many here on ATS are truly gifted in our own fields therefore are capable of more understanding of others, but this also means we can often be eager to delve outside of our own comfort zone, together.

edit on 14-2-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Awwwwww....I think you need a hug...

And...a Kiss...

Happy Valentine's Day...hope you feel more loving soon.

Des

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

You know, I was rather thinking the same thing. I am in love with my husband, so I popped out of bed this morning to write him crappy poetry on ATS. And I have enjoyed reading everyone elses poetry, all the while wondering why mine couldn't have been just a little less crappy... hahaha

but really, my crappiness doesn't matter, what did matter was the love which moved me to try. That is what its all about really... just love. Crappy makes little difference at all!

Hopefully this "IntheFlesh1980" gentleman will find himself some love... it always helps the disposition a bit!

edit on 14-2-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

InTheFlesh1980

Not mad!

I don't think it's fair that in the short stories forum people are not allowed to express an opinion without being censured, not just in this thread but generally speaking.

Inevitably, literary works, however big or small, will evoke an opinion from a reader.

I have noticed that in this forum only positive responses are permitted to a certain degree.

If I post something in the short stories forum, I would hope that whatever response it evokes from a reader, positive or negative, would be allowed to be stated.

It is not bullying nor reckless negativity to have an opinion about a written work, nor it is a judgement on the author. It is simply a response to a collection of words.

The message to garner from this experience is: "My fellow ATSers, only post a response to a literary work in the short stories forum if you are going to lavish praise on the effort. Any other expressed opinion will have the post removed and you will be berated by the membership as if you punched a grandma in the face. Oh, and by the way, this applies to some but not all here." That is not a realistic environment for the presentation of anything, let alone poetry, prose, or the like.

All that said, I wish everyone the best in their writing endeavors, but make no apologies for having an opinion outside of the standard and encouraged practice of appeasement in this forum.

Besides, does it REALLY matter that much? Happy Valentine's Day in Candyland!

edit on 2/14/2014 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

Sir, it is a Valentine. It does not invite or beg to be critiqued. It is a simple Valentine, on Valentine's Day.

C'mon, now.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Great shot.. wow

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

What a kind sentiment.
Your poem and the gesture behind reminded me why I love this wacky website. Truly, this could have been under the "ATS themed" poem category--it epitomizes the goodness infused in this community.

Thanks for being you.

P.S. I'll be your valentine.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Destinyone

Awwwwww....I think you need a hug...

I probably do need a hug. I have admittedly been very crabby lately, like for the past 15 years or so.

I'm working on it.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

You have a very good start on being a curmudgeon!

My husband is one too... he became regent of ATS because of it!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join