It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 of Bloomberg’s Mayors Quit After Gun Confiscation Plan Leaked

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Nearly 50 mayors have jumped ship on former NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s “Mayors Against Illegal Guns” campaign over allegations that the group’s ultimate goal is outright gun confiscation, according to one former member.

As reported, Poughkeepsie Mayor John Tkazyik published a statement in last week’s Poughkeepsie Journal coming clean about the group’s true intentions, total disarmament of law-abiding gun owners.

“Under the guise of helping mayors facing a crime and drug epidemic, MAIG intended to promote confiscation of guns from law-abiding citizens,” Tkazyik said, confirming what many already suspected about the group.

“Nearly 50 pro-Second Amendment mayors have left the organization. They left for the same reason I did,” he also ad

50 of Bloomberg’s Mayors Quit After Gun Confiscation Plan Leaked

I know a lot of people here are not big fans of Alex Jones but this is a very interesting story for gun owners.

Most gun owners know that confiscation is the end game for the anti-gun groups out there.

We don't need them to come out and say it ... though many of them have example: Pelosi "mr. and mrs. America...turn them all in"

What is so amazing about this article and situation is the high level and high numbers of insiders that are coming forward and telling us exactly what Bloomberg was and is planning.

And why he has spent tens of millions of dollars of his own money promoting it.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Well good for them for calling BS on this group,

Nice to see some Civil SERVANTS take their job seriously in this day and age.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

Here's a link to the article in the Poughkeepsie Journal, so you don't have to rely on Infowars.

+20 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Why doesnt bloomberg lead by example then, and disarm his bodyguards first, show the world that there is no need for guns. I mean come on bloomberg, you believe in gun confiscation so much, then do it first buddy. Yep thats what I thought, No way in hell you'd think of doing that. Do New Yorkers really like Bloomberg, Im mean he seems to stick that big nose of his everywhere that we citizens dont want.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Yeah. And it wouldve meant they, their families and friends and neighbors would have to give up THEIRS....and they were having any of that.

It is a stupid idea anyway...and the criminals of course would still have theirs....like laways.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This doesn't surprise me in the least from something Bloomberg was running. After all, he ran New York City where gun recovery and confiscation is a literal way of life.

One of the more memorable books on law enforcement for sheer color of the stories was one written by a veteran of the Emergency Services Unit of the NYPD. Among the gory, funny and downright weird stories that book retold was a common theme for the purpose of many calls they rolled out on. "Gun Runs" as they referred to them. These were search warrant raids for the sole and express purpose of recovery and confiscation of a firearm. Now, of course, New York City has draconian laws when it comes to anyone owning any form of firearm. Not Unconstitutional, but to a guy like me in a state with almost no law? It's almost Soviet for the extreme nature.

The big point is...the NYPD Bloomberg controlled was already rolling on searches and raids 100% solely for gun recovery when they were suspected to in the hands of criminals or others not allowed to own them. How large a stretch would it be to just drop the warrant step in the enforcement process? Heck, it'd make life EASIER for the cops, if the people ordering it were willing to take the heat for the outright illegal nature of it.

It sounds like Bloomberg had his asbestos suit all ready to throw on, too.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
This doesn't surprise me in the least from something Bloomberg was running. After all, he ran New York City where gun recovery and confiscation is a literal way of life.

One of the more memorable books on law enforcement for sheer color of the stories was one written by a veteran of the Emergency Services Unit of the NYPD. Among the gory, funny and downright weird stories that book retold was a common theme for the purpose of many calls they rolled out on. "Gun Runs" as they referred to them. These were search warrant raids for the sole and express purpose of recovery and confiscation of a firearm. Now, of course, New York City has draconian laws when it comes to anyone owning any form of firearm. Not Unconstitutional, but to a guy like me in a state with almost no law? It's almost Soviet for the extreme nature.

The big point is...the NYPD Bloomberg controlled was already rolling on searches and raids 100% solely for gun recovery when they were suspected to in the hands of criminals or others not allowed to own them. How large a stretch would it be to just drop the warrant step in the enforcement process? Heck, it'd make life EASIER for the cops, if the people ordering it were willing to take the heat for the outright illegal nature of it.

It sounds like Bloomberg had his asbestos suit all ready to throw on, too.

W2K,
Very true....I am curious where he gets his vitriol for guns in private hands.....why he has made this his issue....why he spends so much of his own money on it?

He must be playing for a bigger player, or players.....otherwise it just makes no sense. He must be getting financial help outside his own coffers.

But his exposure to the real end game is very important.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
What kind of con does Bloomberg pull to get this mayors to join in the first place?
Offer money? Access to influential people?
Glad these 50 woke up before it was too late.
Rats jumping ship is a sure sign something is wrong.
Remember mayors, don't go for the cheese!

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Asktheanimals
What kind of con does Bloomberg pull to get this mayors to join in the first place?
Offer money? Access to influential people?
Glad these 50 woke up before it was too late.
Rats jumping ship is a sure sign something is wrong.
Remember mayors, don't go for the cheese!

It seems he was selling it as a Mayors against illegal guns type thing so all mayors were wanting to jump in to look like they care about fighting crime...yadda yadda yaddda......but once there....they are let into the real secret that it is about confiscating ALL guns.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

One of the more memorable books on law enforcement for sheer color of the stories was one written by a veteran of the Emergency Services Unit of the NYPD. Among the gory, funny and downright weird stories that book retold was a common theme for the purpose of many calls they rolled out on. "Gun Runs" as they referred to them. These were search warrant raids for the sole and express purpose of recovery and confiscation of a firearm. Now, of course, New York City has draconian laws when it comes to anyone owning any form of firearm. Not Unconstitutiona ,

I absolutely WILL NOT provide LINK to videos of what the US forces do to the entire neighborhood of someone who they think MIGHT have weapons . Second amendment is a death certificate , whether you think you're off grid or not...

Obediently and gratefully surrender your ... duplicates. Be a police state volunteer ( sorry to be so family centric ). 2nd Amendment ... PLEASE. Iraq used to have a constitution.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Wait a minute. MAIG is just to stop criminals from getting guns. They don't want to interfere with law abiding citizens and the very simple right to Bear Arms.

Bloomberg said so. That is all I need to know. A NY politician told me that.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

macman

Wait a minute. MAIG is just to stop criminals from getting guns. They don't want to interfere with law abiding citizens and the very simple right to Bear Arms.

Bloomberg said so. That is all I need to know. A NY politician told me that.

Whoa!
I just got a huge blip on my sarcasm radar.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bazart

I'm not sure what you mean but it sounds like you're rather concerned about someone coming for your guns? I don't live in a state where I am concerned on that, but I know I'm also in a minority for states in this nation where it isn't a reason to feel apprehension, if not actual fear at times.

As I've said before tho..and others SHOULD see about doing in their OWN states (not much chance now...but still..?) Missouri has *NO* gun registry. None. Zip. Nada. Nothing. Absolutely no records of any form, anywhere held by anyone that indicates ..at the state or local level...who owns what for firearms. There hasn't been for years and the trading/selling/bartering within a state where multiple firearm ownership is the norm, not the exception ...makes it hopeless to ever try and figure it out now. They'd take years...just getting a handle on what happened to the guns which NICS records may or may not have solid data for now.

I wish more states had deep six'ed their ownership registries like mine did, back when that was feasible and half the nation wouldn't have gone to being irate at the mere notion of it. We'd be in better shape...

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Did these mayors not know of the ultimate goal?
Or did they jump ship to save face, knowing the repercussions would be unfavorable to their careers?

Either way, in the end, it's rather short-sighted of these mayors. I don't trust anyone in any office anymore. You'll have to forgive my cynicism.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Bazart

I'm not sure what you mean but it sounds like you're rather concerned about someone coming for your guns? I don't live in a state where I am concerned on that, but I know I'm also in a minority for states in this nation where it isn't a reason to feel apprehension, if not actual fear at times.

As I've said before tho..and others SHOULD see about doing in their OWN states (not much chance now...but still..?) Missouri has *NO* gun registry. None. Zip. Nada. Nothing. Absolutely no records of any form, anywhere held by anyone that indicates ..at the state or local level...who owns what for firearm .

I'm not a ' gun nut ' ... I have two 22's . One is a target pistol , the other is a semi - auto ' plinker '. As if I lived in your state of Missouri... I am face printed at Wal-Mart ( even if I don't use a credit card - I am known ... if I buy 22 shells , dear friend ) they know it.

I just can't decide ( perhaps until the last moment ) which one I'll give up . That's all. Both of mine are off-grid yard sale sort of items , but - they know I buy ' 22 '.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Most gun owners know that confiscation is the end game for the anti-gun groups out there.

Also the end of freedom.

Peace

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Looked up the list - here it is...

Full list of MAIG

edit on 10-2-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

LadySkadi
Looked up the list - here it is...

Full list of MAIG

Nice LadyS....thanks for adding that. I checked my state.....no Mayors.....zero.....gotta love Idaho!!!

thanks again....

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bazart

I guess we're just at totally different places in life and mental outlooks. I worry about which guns to give up....but to pay my bills and see myself through the end of college. I know some of the cops and Sheriff deputies around here and they aren't coming to get my guns any time soon. Heck, the Sheriff issued my carry permit. It's not an issue I spend time thinking about or giving energy toward worrying over.

If I lived in California or New York, I may feel very very differently ...but then, I'd probably not be able to call cops up their friends, either. That does make a big difference when the guys we'd fear ..are people we personally know and see have the same hopes, fears and personal values as each of us. Not true everywhere, perhaps, but it's not untrue everywhere, either.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

he group’s ultimate goal is outright gun confiscation,

That is the ultimate goal of the gun control agenda.

After 70 years of whittling away the second amendment.

That is the end game.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join