reply to post by zeroBelief
Dear zeroBelief Sir,
thank you for information provided on the term 'rant'.
I could care less even if your OP was posted in Aliens and UFO's forum.
Using such strong words makes me uncomfortable, hence I felt the need to comment.
Dear zilebeliveunknown Sir,
Thank you for thanking me for the time and effort I put into, not once, but *twice* to inform "you" of what the accepted definition of what the term
Now, as to you caring less about my OP...well, frankly, I could care less about you caring less.
The idea that a comment I made, a "comment", "made", "you", "feel" "uncomfortable"....well, there's only one thing that can be said to
You alone control how you feel as well as how you allow things to make you feel. You alone also control how you react to things.
I was "venting".
Allow me to do you a "solid". I'm going to go the extra mile here, and edify you one more time. This "time", I shall provide you with the
commonly accepted definition in our society of the term "Vent". Please pay particular attention to the parts I'm going to place in BOLD
I feel they are relevant to this conversation....
1. A means of escape or release from confinement; an outlet: give vent to one's anger.
2. An opening permitting the escape of fumes, a liquid, a gas, or steam.
3. The small hole at the breech of a gun through which the charge is ignited.
4. Zoology The excretory opening of the digestive tract in animals such as birds, reptiles, amphibians, and fish.
a. The opening of a volcano in the earth's crust.
b. An opening on the ocean floor that emits hot water and dissolved minerals.
v. vent·ed, vent·ing, vents
1. To express (one's thoughts or feelings, for example), especially forcefully
2. To release or discharge (steam, for example) through an opening.
3. To provide with a vent.
1. To vent one's feelings or opinions.
2. To be released or discharged through an opening.
3. To rise to the surface of water to breathe. Used of a marine mammal.
Now, honestly, the idea of The Octomom, or any of the Kardashians for that matter (and I almost forgot Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber), procreating and
prolonging their lineage on the face of this earth, makes myself rather uncomfortable. However, I have not gone out of my way to ask them not to have
intercourse leading to impregnation.
Might I suggest you follow my lead, and not act on your feelings of discomfort?
And truthfully, are you in any place to genuinely expect me to retract my "venting", now that you've been edified as to the formally accepted
definition of "Vent" and "RANT" (as this is a forum for "RANTS"...and "venting" tends to go hand in hand with "ranting"...).... ?
Now, are we done ?