It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No charges against TSA agent accused of sexual assault-like pat down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

The Transportation Security Administration official accused of sexually assaulting a passenger at Denver International Airport will not be charged with a crime, the local District Attorney’s Office announced on Wednesday.

No charges against TSA agent accused of sexual assault-like pat down

These are the new untouchables,

They can do what they want to whom they want with no recourse to action by yourselves.

Why does the DA have the right to say that your claim is not valid so we will therefore ignore you? Is it not the job of judge and jury to decide if a crime has indeed been committed and what they penalty will be for said crime?

The whole operation of TSA smacks of totalitarianism and it is going to get a lot worse in the future.

Especially since they are so obviously above the laws of America.

TSA claims Congress has no jurisdiction over it; refuses to attend hearings

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
My dad came to visit me here in Spain last week and i gave him some Jamón serrano as a present, it was vacuum packed but a dog smell it when he arrived at miami and a TSA agent took his 60$/kg present and gave my dad a 300$ fine.

these people are nasty

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Who do the TSA answer to and why doesn't the Fed stop funding them?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Dont fly....I take a bus or train now...I enjoy the train quite a bit...you get to have dinner with different people...Its like a traditional cruise to me and you see much of the country. I avoid flying at all costs...mostly because i just hate flying period but if people started using alternative transportation the industry will lose money..and be vocal why you are no longer flying. They will get it.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesOpenMouthShut

This was about all I could find about your question good sir.

sponsored by Don Young in the United States House of Representatives[2] and Ernest Hollings in the Senate,[3] passed by the 107th U.S. Congress, and signed into law by President George W. Bush on November 19, 2001. Originally part of the United States Department of Transportation, the TSA was moved to the Department of Homeland Security on March 9, 2003.

John S. Pistole is the fifth TSA Administrator, having replaced former head Kip Hawley.[4]

There is no direct link or knowledge of who they answer to.
but perhaps, it is Federal that they answer to.. Hence would kind of answer your question. But in all truth, I do not know. I am only going off stuff written by the winners, and those who write these things.
It could very well be misdirection, and misinformation. But its all I could find within a short search.
I will try to dig deeper... But you know what "gangsters" and real bad guys say about digging around.
Sooner or later you are going to get burned by the lava!

Yeah sometimes I do not even like to speak their name. As its like I feel if I use their names, or post in threads about them. Suddenly I am on a list somewhere. Which is BS. As I have nothing to hide. But on the other side of the coin, while I have nothing to hide, they have no real rights, other than the outlandish rights they have been given over us.

I would rather not have a job, than to be forced to work for that operation.
These people who work for their masters, are bottom feeders.
And while I understand a job is a job, and money is our true master, Id rather uphold my honor, and scrub a nasty bathroom before I took on a job with the T@S %A. Notice how I mispell thatt stuuuf. As not to join any undue attention from these bottom feeders.

Follow the money. Then you will see who is in control.
Its our job to watch the watchers. Yet if we watch the watchers, we stand to become domestic Terrro ists.
See how this is all going down.
Glad I won't be around for another 40 years. I will be long gone by then.. I brought no kids into this world to suffer their rule.
I will leave this Earth Karma free, and without the burdens of leaving kids to suffer under the new and outrageous NWO that is already upon us.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Sakrateri

You mean the State wont prosecute its own? What a shock.

We need good lawyers to step up aid those who have been wronged by the system.

Maybe bring in a special prosecutor? Sue the TSA agent or the agency itself in civil court?

And where are the mass demonstrations over this BS?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
If you fly, you deserve this happening to you.

It isn't like the stakes aren't known. I stopped flying during Rope and Grope. If you didn't figure it out by then, then perhaps getting your bits fondled will make it more clear. But flying is a choice, apparently, and you are making the choice to trade your dignity for a ride on that airplane.

I don't want to call air passengers "Traitors". But that is just about what it amounts to from where I stand.
edit on 2/7/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
If you fly, you deserve this happening to you.

It isn't like the stakes aren't known. I stopped flying during Rope and Grope. If you didn't figure it out by then, then perhaps getting your bits fondled will make it more clear. But flying is a choice, apparently, and you are making the choice to trade your dignity for a ride on that airplane.

I don't want to call air passengers "Traitors". But that is just about what it amounts to from where I stand.
edit on 2/7/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

To be honest, I completely agree. There are plenty of ways to travel across this country besides flying, though I understand why people want to fly, because it's faster. But rules and regulations regarding flying have gotten so ridiculous over the years, that IMO, it's just not worth it.

I remember back in the day when people used to go with you to the departure section, and see your plane off. Nope, not anymore.

Hell, now you get fondled/groped/molested by TSA agents who can't get in trouble, laugh at your nude x-rays, and seem to be getting away scot-free.

Though it does make me wonder, if people just flat out stop flying, will the TSA go away?? Will the airlines realize their bad sales figures are even worse cause them to get rid of them? Or will they just be placed onto our highways/train tracks?? Is there truly a way to get rid of them?

Man, I wish people were smart/willfully strong enough to actually show companies with their money when they disagree with something. Too often I see people complain about things in almost all categories, yet, no matter how unhappy they are, they always hand over their money.

(Sorry post is kinda all over the place, I just woke up lol)
edit on 7-2-2014 by Necrobile because: Early morning spelling -_-

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

cosmicexplorer
Dont fly....I take a bus or train now...I enjoy the train quite a bit...you get to have dinner with different people...Its like a traditional cruise to me and you see much of the country. I avoid flying at all costs...mostly because i just hate flying period but if people started using alternative transportation the industry will lose money..and be vocal why you are no longer flying. They will get it.

I think you provide a few useful solutions. I can't stand the TSA control freaks anymore than the next person.

But, how in the hades are you supposed to travel across the oceans by bus or train?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by watchesfromwall

Merchant ships....or even look at some cruise prices..no joke..ive seen some cruises so cheap last minute....the merchant ships are slow though

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

cosmicexplorer
reply to post by watchesfromwall

Merchant ships....or even look at some cruise prices..no joke..ive seen some cruises so cheap last minute....the merchant ships are slow though

Both TSA and ships are similarly toxic I'd have to admit

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
TSA is interfering in commerce and other things that give congress authority to do something, like defund the TSA which I am betting will happen. It is time for the entire TSA to go. They have gone rogue now. If I was to go to the airport and a TSA man happened to grope my 6 year old daughter, he would have his nards kicked so hard that they would swell up bigger than beach balls, when he was doubled over, would get an extreme kick to the face. I don't understand how men can remain men, and not do anything when these pedophiles grope their wives and daughters, and sons.

Kick their freakin heads in! I would rather spend 6 months in the slammer rather than allow these illegal indecencies go unpunished. Don't take it! Yes I condone it! Sometimes violence should be used in defending your own children against violence. Think they won't use it on you? They already are!

Men that have members of their families groped in front of them and do nothing, should be castrated since they certainly have a lot more in common with eunuchs than real men.
edit on 7-2-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

alienreality
TSA is interfering in commerce and other things that give congress authority to do something, like defund the TSA which I am betting will happen. It is time for the entire TSA to go. They have gone rogue now. If I was to go to the airport and a TSA man happened to grope my 6 year old daughter, he would have his nards kicked so hard that they would swell up bigger than beach balls, when he was doubled over, would get an extreme kick to the face. I don't understand how men can remain men, and not do anything when these pedophiles grope their wives and daughters, and sons.

Kick their freakin heads in! I would rather spend 6 months in the slammer rather than allow these illegal indecencies go unpunished. Don't take it! Yes I condone it! Sometimes violence should be used in defending your own children against violence. Think they won't use it on you? They already are!

Men that have members of their families groped in front of them and do nothing, should be castrated since they certainly have a lot more in common with eunuchs than real men.
edit on 7-2-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

AMEN to that!

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

I love you.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Speaking to a Denver CBS News affiliate, Steenhoek recalled that things started to go sour after she set off an alarm at the security checkpoint. She said it could have been the jewels sewn into the pockets of her jeans that caused concern, but before long she was undergoing other examinations and ultimately tested positive for traces of explosives.

I think there is more to the story than what's being told. Explosive residue and hidden possible contraband warrants an extensive search, I think.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Shadoefax

Speaking to a Denver CBS News affiliate, Steenhoek recalled that things started to go sour after she set off an alarm at the security checkpoint. She said it could have been the jewels sewn into the pockets of her jeans that caused concern, but before long she was undergoing other examinations and ultimately tested positive for traces of explosives.

I think there is more to the story than what's being told. Explosive residue and hidden possible contraband warrants an extensive search, I think.

I apologize if my post appears to be an attack on your character. I'll admit there is a bit of misdirected anger which
I should reserve for ANY TSA employee. You're simply a target of opportunity so please don't be offended.

Unfortunately I find your last sentence disturbing. They found no explosives or contraband on the lady.
Therefore TSA has faulty equipment and or incompetent employees. However, as we have witnessed if you give these idiots an inch they will take a mile. You have just agreed to give them their inch. To even engage in a discussion of this nature lends credibility / legitimacy to their very existence. The link suggests the need for TSA to exist should be brought into question.

www.fivethirtyeight.com...

The Odds of Airborne Terror
by Nate Silver
Not going to do any editorializing here; just going to do some non-fancy math. James Joyner asks:

There have been precisely three attempts over the last eight years to commit acts of terrorism aboard commercial aircraft. All of them clownishly inept and easily thwarted by the passengers. How many tens of thousands of flights have been incident free?

Let's expand Joyner's scope out to the past decade. Over the past decade, there have been, by my count, six attempted terrorist incidents on board a commercial airliner than landed in or departed from the United States: the four planes that were hijacked on 9/11, the shoe bomber incident in December 2001, and the NWA flight 253 incident on Christmas.

The Bureau of Transportation Statistics provides a wealth of statistical information on air traffic. For this exercise, I will look at both domestic flights within the US, and international flights whose origin or destination was within the United States. I will not look at flights that transported cargo and crew only. I will look at flights spanning the decade from October 1999 through September 2009 inclusive (the BTS does not yet have data available for the past couple of months).

Over the past decade, according to BTS, there have been 99,320,309 commercial airline departures that either originated or landed within the United States. Dividing by six, we get one terrorist incident per 16,553,385 departures.

These departures flew a collective 69,415,786,000 miles. That means there has been one terrorist incident per 11,569,297,667 mles flown. This distance is equivalent to 1,459,664 trips around the diameter of the Earth, 24,218 round trips to the Moon, or two round trips to Neptune.

Assuming an average airborne speed of 425 miles per hour, these airplanes were aloft for a total of 163,331,261 hours. Therefore, there has been one terrorist incident per 27,221,877 hours airborne. This can also be expressed as one incident per 1,134,245 days airborne, or one incident per 3,105 years airborne.

There were a total of 674 passengers, not counting crew or the terrorists themselves, on the flights on which these incidents occurred. By contrast, there have been 7,015,630,000 passenger enplanements over the past decade. Therefore, the odds of being on given departure which is the subject of a terrorist incident have been 1 in 10,408,947 over the past decade. By contrast, the odds of being struck by lightning in a given year are about 1 in 500,000. This means that you could board 20 flights per year and still be less likely to be the subject of an attempted terrorist attack than to be struck by lightning.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadoefax

Did you know that simple lotion, one example Lotion for Dry, Itchy skin when tested by a swab will come up as plastic exp..lo.sives residue.

I agree with other posters here. I do not fly, and its my choice. I have no where I must be in such a hurry that I am going to give into that crap. Just like with any other biz, we do have the choice to refuse them and not be subject to such things.

A little nostalgia here.. I remember the last flight I ever took, was back when we could smoke on a plane. Bring our own food, like subs and other various things. I would always travel with a bottle of vodka and it was good times up in the air back then.
Now its just pure non sense.
If they think they are saving any lives with this crap, they are fully delusional.
IN the first place, anyone planning on doing harm is not going to say.. yeah I have a baum, you got me.
The questions they ask are totally unnecessary, the pat downs are a total violation of your personal rights.

These people get away with touching young children.. Just think how many pedos get that job, just for the kicks of being able to legally fondle kids.. sickening.

If I had any kids, and saw some random stranger touching them, I would end up in jail or worse. NO ONE would touch my child. And they use the excuse, well they could be a terrooo ist. For the love of God.. REALLY?>> I mean Really?
Total and absolute BS that they can get away with this.. and not face charges.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sakrateri

Yes well, really makes me think twice about coming to the USA for holidays next year..

top topics

join