It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Takes Picture of Pharaoh-Like Statue!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
First thing I noticed on the other thread with the panorama was the 'dowel' like thing sticking up, then I noticed the 'head' above it, nice picture, but if it was a head, it is grossly deformed around the mouth and chin area. It need not even be several rocks, but just the one with undulations causing the shadows. Made me think for a second though!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

jasmine23
OOPS my bad forgot to post the pic but here it is.

Where was this picture found? Do you have the link to the original picture? I'd love to see the surrounding area!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by papajake

one of those naturally forming pipes due to wind....

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by cavedweller88

I will have to find the site again i will post a link to it for you

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

very mildly said...

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

sure! Link

they are all here (6th row)
edit on 6.2.2014 by grobi77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Tell that to a Scotsman who blows these things ...

edit on 0b01America/ChicagoThu, 06 Feb 2014 15:59:01 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 06 Feb 2014 15:59:01 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

This picture was taken by Left Navcam B on 533. As you can see, it is a different time of day, but the rock in question can be seen quite clearly in the middle left area of the image. The different sun angle here throws more light on the 'face'. While it is most definitely an interesting formation, it looks far less like a carved statue without the high contrast shadows in the other pictures.

However, I am still not convinced that this rock formation, and the others near it are not worth closer inspection. The 'column' formation behind the 'face' seems to have even greater detail in this sun angle then the other.

Maybe this risky 'jumping the dune' is to get a better look?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

Well can't find the site i was at but if you type this in it will show up,Images for ancient egypt pyramids with alien -

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Actually it was on one of the pyramid walls

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

0bserver1

Tell that to a Scotchman who blows these things ...

It's SCOTSman.

Scotch is something you drink.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

ignatio
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

This picture was taken by Left Navcam B on 533. As you can see, it is a different time of day, but the rock in question can be seen quite clearly in the middle left area of the image. The different sun angle here throws more light on the 'face'. While it is most definitely an interesting formation, it looks far less like a carved statue without the high contrast shadows in the other pictures.

However, I am still not convinced that this rock formation, and the others near it are not worth closer inspection. The 'column' formation behind the 'face' seems to have even greater detail in this sun angle then the other.

Maybe this risky 'jumping the dune' is to get a better look?

Here it is, but too small of a pic. It is shown to be at least three rocks.

edit on 6-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ignatio

It still looks like a face to me...Although the 2nd face in question does not look like a face anymore(could this be due to wind erosion?). What I said was the "hat" on the first head I no longer think is a hat, I feel like it was part of some sort of structure that maybe held up said "head." At this angle it make me believe there is definitely some sort of writing on it as well(as i said before)...What I thought was 5 symbols maybe closer to 10 but it's very hard to tell since you can't really zoom in without it getting terribly pixelated.

Thank you for posting this!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Sorry my bad, I hope I didn't offended you? thanks for pointing that out for me I changed it.

edit on 0b39America/ChicagoThu, 06 Feb 2014 16:00:39 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 06 Feb 2014 16:00:39 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

0bserver1
reply to post by alldaylong

Sorry my bad, I hope I didn't offended you? thanks for pointing that out for me I changed it.

edit on 0b39America/ChicagoThu, 06 Feb 2014 16:00:39 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 06 Feb 2014 16:00:39 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

No prob

Many make the same mistake.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Here's a zoom for you.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Indigent
grey man of merrick

www.wired.com...-421891

I wonder how if this can be formed naturally on earth, the best explanation for the mars rocks presented in this threads are fossils or statues and not the simpler ones like naturally formed

Obviously if there are human faced statues on Mars then we should expect Martian faced statues on Earth.

You're proving the OP.

We should not go to Mars, for they may not be welcoming and might shoot us with their dart guns.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

But those pats could be buried underneath it, could they not?

This is one of the best I've seen. IMO, it looks like an actual carving.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

RP2SticksOfDynamite

sligtlyskeptical

DancedWithWolves

These symbols?

Interesting...hard to see, but is this the area you were referring to?

Looks to me like the lid of a sarcophagus that has broken and the contents have fallen out, including this statue. There are other "rocks" that look like they could have been part of it as well.

After looking at this image from numerous angles on my laptop. There does seem to be
symbols/hyros on this rock and similiar ones found in Egypt and other places.
Even those reported on spacecraft. eg the binary code guy.
I am a mega sceptic when it comes to rocks posts but this ones got me
in a corner!
Are we being spoon fed like a child to break us in easy!

can you please post the pic of the simbols? I don't know where to look for them. Thx!

Awesome thread by the way!
I'm usually a lurker but this brought me out !

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Another suspicious rock that fits the profile...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join