It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Takes Picture of Pharaoh-Like Statue!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cavedweller88

Looking at the NASA link with the panoramic shot, a few things to consider...

Why are the rocks different colors?

If that is a picture of a pharaoh's head, doesn't it look like a building/temple/structure exploded?

The picture displays a Martian valley with gigantic rocks of the same color scattered about. There are other rocks that are more the color of the surface.

I'd like some details on the rocks we are looking at and why they are scattered about. (Rereading thread)

Would these Martian rocks be good for building structures?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

I don't think it's the whole statue, it could be, but i don't think it is.

There are 3 more of these heads, scattered around the landscape in this single image, the one posted here by the OP has a very close resemblance to one other and the third one (found so far) is much larger and appears to be metallic, not rock.

The 2nd head and the one in this OP, could well be a creator god image, part of the indiginous creation myth.

If you look carefully at the head, around the mouth area...there is a 2nd smaller head emerging from his mouth...the breath of life?

The deity (stone head) may have been believed to have brought forth life by speaking it into existence, hence the small head coming from its mouth.

Curiously, (no pun) the second stone head is also spewing or speaking into life, another similar and smaller head.

The metallic head, much larger, appears to have once also had the elaborate headdress, which is now torn off and laying some way away.

Another interesting find, is a very corroded, section of what looks to have once been a tall, iron stucture..complete with exposed internal metal strips, spaced evenly, evenly spaced bolts or fixings and other recognisable components. Perhaps the column these heads were once proudly displayed upon?

I will crop these out and offer them up here in a short(ish) while.

And while we all all know about pareidolia, having been reminded so often...i for one don't require a lesson on how and why our brains see patterns...k?

One head..fine, pareidolia, two heads...hmmm, maybe...three heads and an very artificial looking iron structure with evenly spaced bolts running horizontally and vertically? Occams razor would have to discount pareidolia and come up with the simplest explanation...and that would be there were once intelligent beings living on Mars.

Be back soon ish.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Also, the rock I pointed at here looks to me like a left shoulder/chest with a blue band around the neck that matches the blue band of the buttocks around the waist.

Doesn't it look like the buttocks pic is blurry, like camera shake blurry?

Great find, Op, took my breath away when I first saw it!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

Normally id say the same thing, i really dislike these "things on mars" posts with pictures of freakin rocks everywhere, but you CANNOT deny that the rock in this picture looks like a stone carving of a humanoid being.

I honestly believe that there are things on the moon, mars, and in our solar system that we as a species, cannot handle.

My personal theory is that our species suffers mass amnesia, we were once a great space faring species, with high technology beyond todays comprehension, but due to some unfortunate event, it was all taken from us, we were thrown back to the stone age, and voila, here we are now, a few thousand years later.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

That works for me mate.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

jaffo
I was intrigued at first, but upon closer review it appears that this is clearly not one rock. It is in fact at least three rocks combining to make this illusion. Yes, the eye is intriguing if you accept that all of the rocks are one object. But it does not appear that they are. There are two smaller rocks in the lower left and then the large one in the middle and then one more to the right. Neat pic...but just rocks.

You seem correct. Four rocks should do it. This is what the learned Mars experts call a trick of perspective, which has trapped me at least once this week alone.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Aren't the rocks on Mars a blueish hue?

!!!

I feel there could be a connection to the blue used in Ancient Egypt?!?!

Wasn't there a recent thread about the color blue in Ancient Egypt?

Martian blue pyramids??!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

DancedWithWolves

These symbols?

Interesting...hard to see, but is this the area you were referring to?

Looks to me like the lid of a sarcophagus that has broken and the contents have fallen out, including this statue. There are other "rocks" that look like they could have been part of it as well.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This kind of looks like the top of a buried column:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I am on the side of the theory mine only that their was life on Mars,who is say that something happened on Mars and they had to leave they came to earth a long time ago and started to build on earth the artifacts they had on Mars,the same as in Egypt,there is a correlation between Egypt and some of the crashed UFOS having the strange symbols on them.I think we need to look closely at Mars as a source of Ancient history

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Wow yeah great catch that one makes this picture that I also thought to be looking like some kind of hieroglyph. Maybe there's more to find that connects this head credibility?

This came from the same region

Exiting thread OP

edit on 0b59America/ChicagoThu, 06 Feb 2014 15:20:59 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 06 Feb 2014 15:20:59 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

sligtlyskeptical

DancedWithWolves

These symbols?

Interesting...hard to see, but is this the area you were referring to?

Looks to me like the lid of a sarcophagus that has broken and the contents have fallen out, including this statue. There are other "rocks" that look like they could have been part of it as well.

After looking at this image from numerous angles on my laptop. There does seem to be
symbols/hyros on this rock and similiar ones found in Egypt and other places.
Even those reported on spacecraft. eg the binary code guy.
I am a mega sceptic when it comes to rocks posts but this ones got me
in a corner!
Are we being spoon fed like a child to break us in easy!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Source Image

Taken with the MASTCAM on Sol 528

slightly different angle from Sol 530
edit on 6.2.2014 by grobi77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by papajake

A non blurred version....

Non blurred
edit on 6-2-2014 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Here is a picture from a rock carving on a Egyptian wall,there is no mistaking that this depicts a classic gray alien,not just a rock on the ground on Mars

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

This is the area I now want to call into question...Doesn't it seem extremely barren considering how littered the surrounding area is? Also if there were to be a sand dune with no protruding rocks wouldn't you expect that you would see sand piling up on the left side of all the visible rocks?

I don't know, maybe i'm reading into the picture a little too much...But when I was young I used to love those 'What does not belong' games in the newspaper, this to me seems like it doesn't belong.

Also where is the 3rd head ya'll are talking about, I can't seem to find it.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
OOPS my bad forgot to post the pic but here it is.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by grobi77

can you post a link to the pic that is next to that one...on the right side ?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

What's this ??? Pareidolia my A$$ It's the damn truth if you ask me..
edit on 0b51America/ChicagoThu, 06 Feb 2014 15:35:51 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 06 Feb 2014 15:35:51 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

0bserver1

What's this ??? Pareidolia my A$$ It's the damn truth if you ask me..
edit on 0b51America/ChicagoThu, 06 Feb 2014 15:35:51 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 06 Feb 2014 15:35:51 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

Looks like a pipe.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join