It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Takes Picture of Pharaoh-Like Statue!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

LOL thanks, I searched through 8 pages because I noticed that too, naturally it was on the last one.
Kudos

Also, am I the only one who noticed that perfect curving line just to the left of the statue head from the OP?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Just another rock with shadows and lighting making it appear to have a face.

the face on mars looked like a face

turned out to be just hilly terrain.

Were born with the intuition to see faces in things like Bread, Clouds, car oil stains on the road, etc. This rock is no different than the examples.

Unless there is a clear picture of a statue with optimal lighting and with multiple angles, I'm going to have to say this is just an ordinary rock.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

ugie1028
Just another rock with shadows and lighting making it appear to have a face.

the face on mars looked like a face

turned out to be just hilly terrain.

Were born with the intuition to see faces in things like Bread, Clouds, car oil stains on the road, etc. This rock is no different than the examples.

Unless there is a clear picture of a statue with optimal lighting and with multiple angles, I'm going to have to say this is just an ordinary rock.

Someone said once that the new hi res images of the face that show nothing is because Nasa nuked it ,ha-ha..

One thing I have noticed about these odd rocks and objects are that some have animal shapes, and perfect rectangle rocks and some perfect looking sphere shaped rocks and squares, some like a perfect brick just sitting alone amongst all the other regular rocks..
Mars probably holds some interesting deep secrets that we could only find if we got to go there ourselves. I can guarantee we would find things that Nasa would never release. Same thing about the moon.. The moon is a pretty boring place we have been told, but I don't think it is true because over 500 satellites have been sent to the moon, many of them classified still.

I'm betting that Mars information policy is the same as any other destination including the moon.

If Nasa's intent by the way they have orchestrated these mars images to the public be released, it has been a great success since it is "just rocks" the public sees. Just one single anomaly whether acknowledged or not that has no real good explanation is enough to doubt their integrity, by the way they respond to the question of that anomaly. IMO

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Also, am I the only one who noticed that perfect curving line just to the left of the statue head from the OP?

No you aren't. So many interesting features on this panorama...that part you speak off...looks to me as a part of some construction, broken....

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
interesting.
but why no rocks looking like mickey mouse, or elvis, or vikings, or greys and reptiles? why star trek or other?does pareidoia only work on mars with egyptian imagery?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

There are iguanas too

I saw a greedo too in another topic, skeletons and fossils are also popular

here are most of them:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-2-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   

smurfy

RP2SticksOfDynamite

I would be interested to see posters try and explain this obviously
pretruding pipe like structure??????????

That's the piece of rock I called a 'Dowel' for the purpose of this thread. There is an explanation given by NASA and concerns the 'blueberries' that abound on Mars, the round balls seen in many pictures deemed to be hematite. The balls can be seen embedded in rock as well as lying around on the ground. What is the most likely explanation is that this is a piece of rock that contained a hematite concretion, or may still, while the outer layering of the rock has eroded away leaving something that looks like a tube.
If you look at other rocks in NASA pictures, you will see similar, but also rocks still intact but full of holes. So you could say rocks with holes, eroded rock that looks like a tube, then blueberries with the rock completely eroded. Millions of years of work..and all those surface rocks are pretty much bone dry and brittle, Mars is not like Earth, it can't be.
edit on 6-2-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

ah yes....the Smurf berries. Sounds plausible...even "out there". But no matter, it's ok to speculate wildly if you're on the debunking team.

I'll go ahead and say that you are seeing "rock" berries because of Pareidolia effect....

I'd like to point out here how poisoned with preconceptions our mind is. SO we have an object that looks like a metal pipe...and in any other situation we would call it...a pipe. But, since we know it's from Mars...IT CAN'T BE A PIPE.

Because we know for certain...beyond any reasonable doubt...that there never was any civilization on Mars. We know that for a fact. How do we know it ???

It's not written about in the Bible

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
ROCKS, ROCKS, ROCKS, ROCKS

Just because a rock by chance has a feature which kind-of looks like an eye doesn't turn the entire rock into a "statue".
(You can cover the "eye" and see that the rock has really NOTHING to do with a face or statue, whatsoever)

The second "statue", even worse...there is only a black dot.....and the rest is classic paredoilia.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

ignatio

Huh.

That's one hell of a flat rock with four right angles.

This is more interesting the more I look.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 2/6/2014 by ignatio because: (no reason given)

Probably the most interesting pic yet. Either proof of life, or proof that the whole shebang is shot on a soundstage.

edit on 7-2-2014 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Indigent
reply to post by taoistguy

There are iguanas too

I saw a greedo too in another topic, skeletons and fossils are also popular

here are most of them:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Did somebody say lizard?

All the other things are rocks. That rectangle white posterboard thing by ignatio is a nice find, just to show what Mother Nature has in her back pocket.

edit on 7-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Just to address the hematite "berries"...

Hematite sample

It takes a whole lot of magic to make it look like a pipe from the aforementioned panorama....

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

All the other things are rocks

You might want to add a prefix to your statement...something like..."I think".

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by Aleister

All the other things are rocks

You might want to add a prefix to your statement...something like..."I think".

The "I think" is implied because it's a personal statement. But yes, the things discussed on this thread are rocks, imnho. The only non-rock things which seem to hold promise are the spokes, especially the one discovered by BuzzDengue - and of course Arken's spine (which is still quite the thing).

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

BlastedCaddy
I know we are all wired to see faces etc... but that is uncanny and if you look behind the first rock to the second rock it looks like a side profile of sorts... Kinda neat. Thanks for sharing.

"uncanny"?

Does that word mean something different to what I thought it meant?

Just rocks here

Clutching at straws

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Silicis n Volvo

BlastedCaddy
I know we are all wired to see faces etc... but that is uncanny and if you look behind the first rock to the second rock it looks like a side profile of sorts... Kinda neat. Thanks for sharing.

"uncanny"?

Does that word mean something different to what I thought it meant?

Just rocks here

Clutching at straws

I must correct you here. Clutching at pipes would be more the size/dia.

Non Rock Sceptic at least intrigued this and only this time.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Except for the "spout" - this highly resembles a 1950's-ish UFO...or...a wheel (no tire).
It is from one of the Gigapan collages of 'Rocknest' (found in the upper left quadrant).

ATS Big Pic'

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

cavedweller88

AKindChap
reply to post by cavedweller88

Looks like shapes in clouds or Jesus in toast.

You are entitled to your opinion sir, as am I. So I'm glad you offer your incredible insights to the rest of us...(sarcasm intended, if you didn't catch it)

You're entitled to yours, too.
(although I don't feel the need to use sarcasm, I wonder what that says about us?)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Hey is that a frog there???

If i found something new is not a rock them, it is a fossil

yep a frog

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This is all just a trick of light and perspective.. If they truly thought this was something I doubt they'd release it so quickly without examination first because it would be huge news.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by cavedweller88

I think you're just seeing what you want to see. Yes, it looks a bit like that but you can find about anything in clouds.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join