It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If ET came knocking upon your door what would you do?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Realtruth
reply to post by verschickter

Interesting.
Why in the world would you need to prove it to anyone?

If an ET wanted to be known then wouldn't it be highly probable they would use their own worldwide disclosure platform, individuals who most likely get ridiculed, and cut out MSM as well?

I would need proof to show the world ET exists. It´s necessary if I want to open some eyes. However, what I wrote was fictional because if ET is at my door, in my fiction I let them in and have a thoughtersation (
) with them hopefully. Cookies an tea if they like. Then I would (we need to define a word for "ask" that describes asking someone per thought) "ask" them if I´m allowed to spread the news.

Realtruth
I personally think that most people aren't tuned into receiving ET contact, on almost all levels, because we are so focused on ourselves and the illusion of the physical realm.

Take just a moment to yourself. Listen to your thoughts.
Bet they are non-stop, random, and seemingly out of control.
How in the world could we be tuned into anything else other than ourselves?
Most people can't even focus on an ATS conversation for more than 10 minutes, let alone with people in the real world.
I'm not judging this is bad or good, but rather giving awareness to our current state.
Peace out,

RT

I deleted some spaces I hope you don´t mind it that I tempered a little bit with the quote ^^.
I think you are spot on with this. If people would not judge, instead think about the reason behind ones behavior/action, it would be a start. We are all influenced and products of our surroundings (media,social) to a degree. Some just a little and some are way to busy with lifestyle/judging/biggest shark in the tank/attitude.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

datasdream
This site has been proposing hidden aliens. What if they appeared outside your door knocking, Slithering, floating or walking into your living room?
a) What would you try to communicate with them and why?
b) If you had a live video feed where would you send it?
c) What are your fears and hopes for this event?
d) What would be needed for undeniable proof of the visit after they left?

a) I'd try to communicate "welcome". I'd then get out a map of our local neighborhood of the Galaxy and point to our solar system and then point to me. Then I'd give the map to the alien to see if they would point to where they came from. It's always nice to get off to a good start when meeting someone new. I would not however offer it any food or drink because it could very well be poison to its biology. Like us eating arsenic or cyanide.

b) If I had a live video feed I would call up the SETI Institute and send it to them. I'd ask them for assistance in communicating. They have some brilliant interspecies communication researchers there as well as cryptographers. I'm sure they'd have questions of their own they'd like to ask via Skype. They'd also be able to be a highly credible, unbiased observer and document the encounter.

c) My main fear would be contamination. Am I contaminating it? Is it contaminating me? Who knows what kind of viruses it might have. Of course if the chirality of its DNA were opposite to ours or it was not based on DNA or post-biological then this fear would go away. But there would be no way of knowing this initially. Also I'd probably fear I am incredibly stupid compared to it and probably boring it with questions from a child, since in all likelihood it would be from a much older, wiser species than us humans.

Things I wouldn't fear: 1) Being eaten - If it can travel light years to get here, it can grow lab meat or synthesize whatever proteins it needs from raw elements like Star Trek's replicator. 2) Being abducted - Please! Abduct me already, I want to see your ship, your planet, your culture. Yeah you can have some of my genetic material in exchange. Seems like an even trade off for this once in a lifetime experience. I'm an astronomer so this would thrill me to no end. 3) Being believed. I wouldn't go shouting from the rooftops that I met an alien without irrefutable evidence.

d) Undeniable proof you ask? Probably more than a picture or video of me posing with the alien. I'd ask for some physical objects that are not really of much value to it. Like the alien equivalent of a pencil or garbage bag, or toothpaste cap or metal screw. Because physical evidence which can be examined is worth more than all the outlandish stories, photos and videos of UFOs combined. Actual physical evidence of something manufactured by aliens would be nearly undeniable since the isotopic ratio of such evidence would be unlike anything on Earth. And if its isotopic ratio was significantly different than meteorites and other solar system material then I'd be in line for a million dollars and Nobel Prize for having hard evidence of extraterrestrial intelligence beyond Earth.

I'd also ask for some information about our galactic neighborhood which it knows but which we have yet to discover. Something like: "Where is the nearest planet like this one we're on? Around which star does it orbit? How long is its day (if it is not tidaly locked), how long is its year?"

In other words, scientific data that would be impossible for me to know but which could be verified in the not too distant future with instruments due to come online in the next couple of decades.

edit on 4-2-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Flip the switch on my electrified door mat.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

beezzer
If ET came knocking upon your door what would you do?

Based on a recent thread, the last place I'd tell my story would be on ATS.

Ditto.....

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

Read your story. Stars & flags...sorry it happened to ya.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Take a picture with it..
post it on ATS. ..
Get Debunked in 10 mins.. .

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Fisherr
Take a picture with it..
post it on ATS. ..
Get Debunked in 10 mins.. .

This....

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I think I would offer them A token of peace, A gold coin , cookie , and a slice of pecan pie.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

overanocean
I think I would offer them A token of peace, A gold coin , cookie , and a slice of pecan pie.

Im coming to knock on your door. I come in peace, Earthling.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Would you mind if I gave you the pecan pie and the cookie. That gold might keep me from getting zapped from the aliens.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
To be very honest, the first thing I would do it panic.... But then my fatherly instinct to protect my children would kick in and im 99% positive that I would try very hard to KILL IT.

I would not take the chance of that thing coming in and hurting my family.
Im not one of those that believe all these aliens are peace loving and want to help mankind. They`re probably meat loving and want to help themselves to mankind LOL

If it was one of them scrawny greys, and it didn't have mind control/melting powers or some kind of ray gun, Im pretty darn sure I could take it if it was hand to hand. (I got a pretty quick switch kick and a mean rear naked choke for an older guy)
But just to be on the safe side, I`d quickly throw on my tin foil hat before engaging

Sounds cruel, but im just being honest. I hate those things.
Oh well, I said my peace...now back to my knitting.

edit on 4-2-2014 by johnjohn808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I just finished reading this thread....

Utterly shocked at how many people would try to kill it (as if they could - it would be like that ant on the ant hill trying to kill you - not going to happen).

Congrats for being an animal. Have we not progressed beyond this? Guess not.

If it can travel light years to get here, don't you think your shotgun, electrified mat, etc would be pretty useless?

Not to mention, it's probably not the best interstellar diplomacy.

Also shocked at how many people would offer it food or drink which could be poison to it.

I guess there are very few people who would know what to do if a real alien showed up. That explains why if they ever do show up they should stay as far away from the average person as possible.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I would shut the door and tell my fiancé to get the door. My paw did that to my maw but it was a bear on the back porch.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

JadeStar
If it can travel light years to get here, don't you think your shotgun, electrified mat, etc would be pretty useless?

Thats why I said hand to hand combat.
Not trying to be combative with you here, but that quote is the excuse that i`ve heard on these forums for years.
So what if they have the technology to travel light years to get here? Maybe their travel tech is awesome, but their military tech is reduced to sticks and stones because they focused all of their effort on travel tech?

Despite some people swearing up and down that they must be friendly, there is absolutely no way of knowing what they are like. And im not willing to take the chance of them being hostile.

Remember the old school War of the Worlds? The 3 guys in the beginning trying to use the white flag and "diplomacy" to greet the visitors?

Everyone is born with a little bit of paranoia, it`s part of what keeps us alive.
Being naive, gets people killed.

If an animal I be, then as an animal, I protect my young.

edit on 4-2-2014 by johnjohn808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

hillbilly4rent
I would shut the door and tell my fiancé to get the door. My paw did that to my maw but it was a bear on the back porch.

HAHAHAHAHAHA Thats a good one!!! I gotta try thst one of these days. No bears here though unfortunately.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by datasdream

first we'd smoke a peace pipe

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by johnjohn808

they probably know your thoughts before you do so I wouldn't put too much stock in fighting them. I think that's one of the biggest hurdles humans have to overcome in order to be accepted out in free space and that fear is what keeps us here being all busy and whatnot dirtying up this beautiful planet. I bet they look at us (that is the ones who even bother to pay attention to us) like some kind of red headed step child that needs a pat on the head now and then. I hope they help us get off fossil fuels and nukes because we're not going to do it on our own and we really are acting like a bunch of whiney, scared little babies who don't want to grow up on a galactic scale.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

johnjohn808

JadeStar

Thats why I said hand to hand combat.
Not trying to be combative with you here, but that quote is the excuse that i`ve heard on these forums for years.
So what if they have the technology to travel light years to get here? Maybe their travel tech is awesome, but their military tech is reduced to sticks and stones because they focused all of their effort on travel tech?

Illogical and a bit silly. Like cowboys with laser guns. Hollywood dreck.

Think about it logically...

We used gunpowder for bombs and guns before using it for rockets.

We used atomic fission for the atomic bombs dropped on Japan before we used it to power cities.

We used fusion power for hydrogen bombs before we began thinking about building fusion reactors.

That's because no matter what energy source we discover we seem to find it far easier to turn it into a bomb than to turn it into a peaceful technology.

It stands to reason that you have little idea of the type of energies it takes to cross the distance to just the nearest star which is TRILLIONS of miles away.

Your fist, your gun, the entire world's armies and nuclear arsenal would all be useless against a hostile alien.

So why initiate the hostility? It seems like suicide to me. You would probably be vaporized just for thinking about it (assuming they have a more advanced version of our brain scanners which are now able to crudely deduce what you're thinking about).

Imagine having something in your pocket that could at will produce the entire energy output of a nation.

That's a very plausible scenario.

Despite some people swearing up and down that they must be friendly,

Friendly? Who says they would be. It seems to me they'd be indifferent more than the simplistic, jingoistic, mainstream media driven binary thinking of Good vs Evil.

Do you go up and kick an ant hill? Or do you leave the ants alone to do their thing. Unless you are a saddist you leave them alone.

Does that make you friendly to the ants?

there is absolutely no way of knowing what they are like. And im not willing to take the chance of them being hostile.

You're right. There isn't. However considering we're here talking about it and have not been invaded or wiped out, it stands to reason that they aren't hostile.

The Earth has been broadcasting a loud signal that life exists here for about 3.8 billion years. Any aliens who wanted to kill life on Earth could have done it already.

So logic dictates that those type of aliens must be extremely RARE.

It's a numbers game. Do the math and you will see.

Remember the old school War of the Worlds? The 3 guys in the beginning trying to use the white flag and "diplomacy" to greet the visitors?

War of the Worlds was written following World War 1. It is more about us than aliens. Its a typical early sci fi story which anthropomorphizes aliens to being like us for purposes of entertainment.

Classic story but in the end, likely far from reality.

You want to read a real, grown up, sci-fi alien invasion story with a plausible scenario? Read Arthur C. Clarke's "Childhood's End".

I'll see you that video and raise you this one:

Everyone is born with a little bit of paranoia, it`s part of what keeps us alive.
Being naive, gets people killed.

And some people are unnecessarily paranoid, never outgrow it, never evolve beyond fight or flight.

And that is what leads to probably a good chunk of why we waste most of our money as a species on building weapons of war, rather than starships.

If an animal I be, then as an animal, I protect my young.

Where is the threat?

Oh yeah... the unknown.

It's 2014. Not 1414.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

that's right and I'll bet that's why they keep us at arms length and I hear some of them have really long arms.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

im actually smiling as i type this. It`s fun.
I get all of what you`re saying..... but when it comes to E.T, it`s ALL speculation.

Just because i`d choose to protect my family against an UNKNOWN possible threat, does not mean that I support war and what not.
I dont own a gun, knife, sword or whatever. But i am a retired professional fighter who will do anything to protect my loved ones, which I guess makes me an animal?

" However considering we're here talking about it and have not been invaded or wiped out, it stands to reason that they aren't hostile."
Invasions dont always happen once the invading party arrives, they observe, find weaknesses etc. THEN they do their thing.

"Classic story but in the end, likely far from reality."
Reality??? LOL All of this ET stuff in general..... is FAR from Reality.

"You want to read a real, grown up, sci-fi alien invasion story with a plausible scenario? Read Arthur C. Clarke's "Childhood's End".

Thanks, maybe one day I will read it. But I shamefully dont like reading.
I like reading text books believe it or not, but I have a hard time reading anything else.
I have a disorder so It`s hard for me to focus on one thing for an extended period of time.

Which reminds me, good night, I got fights to watch

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join