It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doesn't all crime boil down to "Theft"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

UxoriousMagnus
SO….my question is twofold.

One…. aren't all crimes basically just theft and
two….can’t we use this to decide if a crime really is a crime?

I was thinking about how murder really is just the taking of or the theft of someone’s life. This got me thinking about crimes in general.

Murder – theft of someone’s life.

Rape – theft of someone’s sexuality and dignity.

Arson – theft of someone’s property via flames.

Assault – theft of someone’s personal comfort and peace.

Sexual assault of a minor – Theft of innocence and dignity and sexuality.

Fraud – theft of trust and money

DUI – this is kind of pre-crime but theft of public safety and trust.

And on and on…..Don’t want to write a whole book but you can get the point.

Now what about other crimes:

Drug use – theft of…………………..?

Gambling – theft of ……………………?

Prostitution – theft of …………………?

Again….I hope the point is made.

My question is…..can’t all real crime be boiled down to theft and at the same time prove that victim-less crimes should not be classified as crimes at all?

What say ye…..

This is what we get when we let people who know buncombe about anything and just say whatever pops into their heads. OR present an idea from abook they read, a book like "THe KITE RUNNER"...did you? come on I know you did!!!

I find these threads as unpleasant as I do hircismus. (word of the day)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

projectbane

UxoriousMagnus
SO….my question is twofold.

One…. aren't all crimes basically just theft and
two….can’t we use this to decide if a crime really is a crime?

I was thinking about how murder really is just the taking of or the theft of someone’s life. This got me thinking about crimes in general.

Murder – theft of someone’s life.

Rape – theft of someone’s sexuality and dignity.

Arson – theft of someone’s property via flames.

Assault – theft of someone’s personal comfort and peace.

Sexual assault of a minor – Theft of innocence and dignity and sexuality.

Fraud – theft of trust and money

DUI – this is kind of pre-crime but theft of public safety and trust.

And on and on…..Don’t want to write a whole book but you can get the point.

Now what about other crimes:

Drug use – theft of…………………..?

Gambling – theft of ……………………?

Prostitution – theft of …………………?

Again….I hope the point is made.

My question is…..can’t all real crime be boiled down to theft and at the same time prove that victim-less crimes should not be classified as crimes at all?

What say ye…..

This is what we get when we let people who know buncombe about anything and just say whatever pops into their heads. OR present an idea from abook they read, a book like "THe KITE RUNNER"...did you? come on I know you did!!!

I find these threads as unpleasant as I do hircismus. (word of the day)

I am sorry that you have a disorder that makes you smell really bad but no need to take it out on me.....

there may be a balm for that.....not sure.

this is the smell we get when.....hey, that will be my next thread....all smelly body issues boils down to lack of hygiene....

thanks

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Unity_99
Drug laws is theft of resources and land of the planet that belong to all people. Homelessness is a crime, also relating to theft. Bad laws are crimes against individual freedom, sovereignity and co-ownership of the world and resrouces, ie slavery. So alot of the theft that is taking place is done by TPTB, Bankers and Royal Families. They're the ones who feel so "entitled" that they steal everything, enslave everyone and throw that word back at anyone who thinks they have rights.
edit on 30-1-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

well....that is exactly right....

well said

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

So OP, Another thread copied form other sites Possibly stolen from this site 2011.....and a book "The Kite Runner".

edit on 30-1-2014 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

projectbane

So OP, Another thread copied form other sites Possibly stolen from this site 2011.....and a book "The Kite Runner".

edit on 30-1-2014 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

I have never seen that site and never read that book but I am glad to see that I am not the only one that came up with this .... looks like there are other smart people out there too.

But ... even if I had ... isn't that the idea .... to bring info from all over the world into this site and discuss?

Are you done trying to ruin my thread?

furthermore....if I had read it somewhere else... I still would have done the thread but would have simply said "read this on this site and tend to agree....let's discuss"
edit on 30-1-2014 by UxoriousMagnus because: because some people are angry for no reason

edit on 30-1-2014 by UxoriousMagnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

i should have been more specific. i meant destruction of life as in physically killed. to take a life is an oxymoron because even if you go back in time and assume their identity from childbirth, you are still you one is not geneticly the other. life is time based. cradle, grave solve for x. to take away the experiences one had can't really happen.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

rockoperawriter

i should have been more specific. i meant destruction of life as in physically killed. to take a life is an oxymoron because even if you go back in time and assume their identity from childbirth, you are still you one is not geneticly the other. life is time based. cradle, grave solve for x. to take away the experiences one had can't really happen.

very true...but what you are "taking" is the future possible life span, experiences and relationships as well as you say...destroying the accumulated knowledge and experiences and relationships thus far

top topics

<< 1   >>

join