It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
debunked. one guy puts it on the stove, melted within seconds. another guy microwaves it, melts in less than a minute. one guy blow torched it, melted almost instantly but more vaporized it.
you think a small flame is going to do anything within a minute of holding it there? take a candle, hold stone over it until it starts to melt. snowtards.
Aloysius the Gaul
I use BIC Lighters every day and Never Smell "Burning Plastic".
So if you folks really smell something, than something seems to be up.
Now that I think about it, I never smell my lighters fumes.
Combustion is incomplete because the snow is interfering with it - so what you smell is the fumes of incomplete combustion - some unburned fuel, and some ancillary products that would probably not be formed in an uninterrupted flame.
reply to post by muzzleflash
you're kidding me right? the smell is from the gas residue from the lighter. it's the black stuff you're smelling. good grief. are you trolling?
Hmm, I am going to have my relative conduct a new test I just thought of.
"IF" there were some sort of plastic in it, than microwaving it for 5 minutes should also create the same smell.
That's the hypothesis at least. I know I have produced plastic smells in the microwave before so it could work.
Will let anyone know if the test was conducted and what results came from it.
Could take a day or two though, and that's "IF" there is any snow left to play with.
Everyone saying that anyone who questions this and wonders about it is stupid or ignorant, get a life seriously.
You don't want to know my opinion on Your posts. Because it ain't pretty.