It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Snow? -- Internet Hoax

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

You guy's don't know much about snow...

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Get some snow.

Put it in a bottle then let it stand in room temperature.

See how that turns out.
edit on 31-1-2014 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
debunked. one guy puts it on the stove, melted within seconds. another guy microwaves it, melts in less than a minute. one guy blow torched it, melted almost instantly but more vaporized it.

you think a small flame is going to do anything within a minute of holding it there? take a candle, hold stone over it until it starts to melt. snowtards.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Ok I had some relatives test this.

They report a funny smell too.

I am convinced now, there is a funny smell coming out of it apparently.
That's impossible, water vapor doesn't have a strong smell (that I ever noticed at least).

So obviously there is something in the snow that causes a funny smell.

Do you have any idea what that means ????
If there is junk in our snow, over swaths of land in entire regions...

Doesn't take a genius to figure out how incredibly disastrous such a development could become.
Can the animals consume this "unknown contaminant" safely?

Who knows, because I need a laboratory report telling me exactly what chemical this is so I can determine danger levels and possible remedies to the situation.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

01jfas
debunked. one guy puts it on the stove, melted within seconds. another guy microwaves it, melts in less than a minute. one guy blow torched it, melted almost instantly but more vaporized it.

you think a small flame is going to do anything within a minute of holding it there? take a candle, hold stone over it until it starts to melt. snowtards.

But yet again, the "debunkers" are focusing on the weak points.

Not the big bad "Smell" that is reported all over the place, I even had my relatives test this and they confirmed the smell.
I already explained why there is no easy answer to this.

We need laboratory testing to determine what's up.

Funny how you are ready to call people "tards" but yet you yourself fail.
Learn to write properly at least before you act high and mighty.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul

muzzleflash
I use BIC Lighters every day and Never Smell "Burning Plastic".

So if you folks really smell something, than something seems to be up.

Now that I think about it, I never smell my lighters fumes.

Combustion is incomplete because the snow is interfering with it - so what you smell is the fumes of incomplete combustion - some unburned fuel, and some ancillary products that would probably not be formed in an uninterrupted flame.

In addition, you light a cigarette in a much shorter time than those people holding it to the ice and smokers tend to be less sensitive to such smells.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

you're kidding me right? the smell is from the gas residue from the lighter. it's the black stuff you're smelling. good grief. are you trolling?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

01jfas
reply to post by muzzleflash

you're kidding me right? the smell is from the gas residue from the lighter. it's the black stuff you're smelling. good grief. are you trolling?

I have a BIC lighter right here.
Don't smell anything.

I even did the whole "turn a piece of glass black" thing.
Nothing....

You must be talking without having a clue about simple lighters?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The level of sheer ignorance in these videos - sadly mirrored by the ignorance by some ATS posters. Like a poster above suggested, put an amount of snow in a sealed container, let it melt, and you'll see the universe is still behaving itself. When you touch a lighter to a tiny speck of snow, the amount of water thawed from it will be miniscule, and will refreeze to the remaining snow pack before melting into a visible puddle.

There are all kinds of snow, it depends on the temperatures it froze at and atmospheric conditions. To claim this is "fake" snow is a testament to the ignorance of some people, put on display when you have cheap video cameras available and a means of sharing said videos with the masses.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

That is just messed up!!! I have lived in Michigan over half my life and have never seen anything like that before. I had to dig myself out of snowbanks, and shovel my driveway and to think that I was NOT shoveling snow, possibly??

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Hmm, I am going to have my relative conduct a new test I just thought of.

"IF" there were some sort of plastic in it, than microwaving it for 5 minutes should also create the same smell.
That's the hypothesis at least. I know I have produced plastic smells in the microwave before so it could work.

Will let anyone know if the test was conducted and what results came from it.
Could take a day or two though, and that's "IF" there is any snow left to play with.

Everyone saying that anyone who questions this and wonders about it is stupid or ignorant, get a life seriously.
You don't want to know my opinion on Your posts. Because it ain't pretty.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Maybe they have moved on from chemtrails to chemsnow? Who knows but it is very odd. Remember though, there are time were it will 'rain frogs or fish' so contaminated snow to me is a very likely culprit.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

muzzleflash
Hmm, I am going to have my relative conduct a new test I just thought of.

"IF" there were some sort of plastic in it, than microwaving it for 5 minutes should also create the same smell.
That's the hypothesis at least. I know I have produced plastic smells in the microwave before so it could work.

Will let anyone know if the test was conducted and what results came from it.
Could take a day or two though, and that's "IF" there is any snow left to play with.

Everyone saying that anyone who questions this and wonders about it is stupid or ignorant, get a life seriously.
You don't want to know my opinion on Your posts. Because it ain't pretty.

There you go. That'd eliminate the hydrocarbon from the lighter issue.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

edit on 31-1-2014 by IBelieveInAliens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
You live up north and this is unlike any snow you've seen?
Thats how snow behaves, this has been thoroughly debunked. I live in Salt Lake City, and that's exactly how snow has always behaved.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Just in case you wanted to know how it was debunked.

Fake Snow Debunked

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by rangerdanger

That also tends to explain why snowbanks and piles of snow in parking lots remain sometimes days beyond the ambient air temperature rising above freezing. They don't just melt away, but persist ..and just seem a bit smaller each time one looks. Not deformed with melt evidence. Just smaller...

I'm starting to wonder with someone else earlier in the thread. Has High School science class simply been cut or eliminated these days? Err... Scary times..

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Folks what we have going on is forces within our solar system causing dramatic changes within weather. Science has proven this from dating ice and geological rock formations. The sun goes through cycles and as many are aware we are ending the latest cycle and the sun is beginning to cool down. We are entering a new phenomenon which occurred several hundred years ago called the Little Ice Age. Lets hope it's only little! We also have a polar swift which is occurring, which is long overdue. The shift is about 15% complete as of this date. The Air force deployed a space drone awhile back to survey the Earths magnetic field to determine how it works and when the shift may be completed. We will continue to experience dramatic weather swings in the coming years. We have a potentially crisis level drought situation in the west not seen in over 100 years. Of course the liberal forces like Al Gore and his fraudster friends will attempt to con the sheeple in to believing we all need to pay carbon taxes to line some fat cats pockets. Let me assure you this shift is extremely dangerous and could cause a complete grid melt down and fukishima's all across the planet. The end game is very real and the powers that be will not be able to stop it. No Haarp system or any amount of money will be able to match the power of the sun and the extremely powerful magnetic field which surround's earths atmosphere.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This fake snow seems more like an internet meme than a genuine conspiracy to me.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
At the very least it got about 25% of the USA to brush up on 6th grade science.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join