It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold Weather Warning For Owners Of Male Dogs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Ok, honestly, this is something I would have never thought of. It just happened to a girl I work with. Well, her dog.

So, She is home alone for the weekend. Early in the morning on Sunday, she notices drops of blood on the floor. She figured it had to be the dog, so she checked him over real good. Can't find anything wrong.
Well, she finds more blood on the floor. Still can't find anything. She does go outside with him, and figures out it's coming from his, penis.

So, she starts looking at the internet, and finding all kinds of bad stuff it could be. Cancer, pancreas, all that. So she is worried and gets him a vet appointment.

I must say, we did not laugh at the poor dog. We did have a chuckle at the Vet's description of what he believes happened.
He was trying not to be crude.
Basically, he said that it's like licking a metal pole in the winter.

Yeah, they have a fenced in yard. The poor guy got a little to close, while lifting his leg. Then he probably panicked, as any male would.

The good news is, he will be fine, and just has some antibiotics, just in case.

I don't have to worry about it with my bulldog, as he is a squatter.

But for all you male dog owners, that have boys that lift the leg, PLEASE make sure they don't get too close to anything metal.
I can't imagine the pain.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

And I suppose that a warning is not good enough for us blokes that live in the country side and like to have a pee outside my dear...

Grumble grumble Mumble Rant... here we go again, one rule for others and another for us poor blokes!... now, where is that burn ointment?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Rodinus

And I suppose that a warning is not good enough for us blokes that live in the country side and like to have a pee outside my dear...

Grumble grumble Mumble Rant... here we go again, one rule for others and another for us poor blokes!... now, where is that burn ointment?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

You should be safe so long as you don't try to introduce Mr. Johnson to the metal pole.

Metal Pole....sounds like a cool name for a polish rock band.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

LOL OK, MR. Vet guy, next time I will NOT assume that human men are smarter than boy dogs.

I bet you forget about the electricity in the electric fence too!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

chiefsmom
reply to post by Rodinus

LOL OK, MR. Vet guy, next time I will NOT assume that human men are smarter than boy dogs.

I bet you forget about the electricity in the electric fence too!

Hehe...

Luckily our electric fence is at a 2 metre high level... but then again... I must remember to talk with Rodinus Jr that we should not do piddling contests against the dogs pen when we have -15 over here

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Ps. Actually, to get back to the original story, about 20 years ago I had to treat a dog for burned frozen testicles as the owner had metal corrugated roofs on his kennel pen and the dog used to sit on the top... needless to say!!!
edit on 29-1-2014 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I cringed after I read this thread. It has to be as bad if not worse than the evil pants zipper.

One question. Why does your boy dog pee like a girl?

Good thing for my dog we live in Phoenix so his penis is safe from frozen poles.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Ps. Actually, to get back to the original story, about 20 years ago I had to treat a dog for burned frozen testicles as the owner had metal corrugated roofs on his kennel pen and the dog used to sit on the top... needless to say!!!

OMG That is horrible!!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by justreleased

My hubby cringed too.

One question. Why does your boy dog pee like a girl?

All we can figure, is that our first dog was a female. Our next dog, a male, learned everything from her, including the squatting.
Then he was the teacher of the bulldog.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

chiefsmom
reply to post by Rodinus

OMG That is horrible!!

Not as bad as the actual injury looks...

But i wouldn't like to have it myself!!!

Amazing what a couple of dollops of Biafine can do every day for 15 days... (when the dog will stop licking his family jewels that is!) But threaten them with an elizabethan collar and that normally does the job!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
LMAO

So with this warning what are you suggesting exactly?

I can see it now, all ATS members in cold weather places diligently following their furry friends around to make sure they pee somewhere safe

Maybe those who do can sign up for this thing
Dog poop study

Make sure to take note of which way they are facing

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I have a hairless dog. I dress him up heavy to go out and all. That weenie though.. gotta leave that exposed. His testicles and penis get... windburn and chapped. I had to put a barrier cream on it before I let him out. ARGH... I cant get him to use the dog litter box either... so Im stuck rubbing cream on my dogs junk...

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Male dogs? But my pussy should be OK?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Oh hon. I really don't know what to say to that.

Except you are one very dedicated and obviously very caring dog owner.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

LOL If your pussy is large enough to pee on a fence.....
Then yeah, you need to be careful with him too.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

I know, I know.

But if nothing else, at least you now know that you shouldn't immediately think the worst, if they are bleeding from "that area".

new topics

top topics

join