It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Secretary: Illegals Have ‘Earned Right to be Citizens

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

CNSNews.com) – Speaking at the United States Conference of Mayors on Friday, Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson said the approximately 11 million people who are in the country illegally have “earned the right to be citizens.”

www.cnsnews.com...

I see the new boss of DHS is same as the old boss of DHS towing the party line.

Seems to me people who were born here break the law they 'EARN' a punishment. Must be nice to be with the 'in crowd'.

An earned path to citizenship for those currently present in this country is a matter of, in my view, homeland security to encourage people to come out from the shadows,” -

Pathway's to citizenship already exist, military service, or get in line like the rest of the people who do not think they are above the law.

This is rich:

“The five core missions of the Department of Homeland Security are guarding against terrorism, securing our borders, enforcing our nation’s immigration laws, safeguarding cyberspace and critical infrastructure in partnership with the private sector, and supporting emergency preparedness and response efforts at every level,” Johnson said.

Epic failure there 11 million people here 'illegally'.

Epic cognitive dissonance there.

Hello ?

'Securing our border, and ENFORCING immigration law.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I think...

That in THEIR MINDSET...this is how they see it...as the alternative to....

- Hunt down illegals that got in while they blatantly were asleep on the watch = $
- Deport illegals = $
- Prosecute those that hired the illegals = $
- Those that hired the illegals (who don't get caught) now have to pay more for their labor = $
- Those that can no longer hire illegals may not or choose not to stay in business = less tax $ for Gov't
- Citizens discover shortages and increase in cost = less $ for the producers
- Gov't makes less in taxes across the board = less $ for Gov't.

So, let's keep the ILLEGALS here. Why is it that I can even see a "lower minimum hourly wage" for this new second and lower class of citizens?

Yepp, Dept. of Homeland Security......sure does allow my testicles to descend from my stomach now that I am so secure in our future.....because before this new plan...whew...my testicles were in my esophagus!!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
They just want to make them citizens so they can Tax them. They need the cash flow to keep the lights on and so they can spend thier way to power.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

What ever happened to "The law is the law, get over it" crowd?

This blatant disregard for the nations security and economic health is disgusting.

But Cloward & Piven would be so proud!

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

DogMeat
They just want to make them citizens so they can Tax them. They need the cash flow to keep the lights on and so they can spend thier way to power.

You pretty much said what I just said without any thought as to what the alternative for the Gov't would have been.

Cheers, mate!

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

What ever happened to "The law is the law, get over it" crowd?

Their sitting on capitol hill.

The law is for thee, but not for me.

If they think laws are so unjust why did they write immigration laws?

Doesn't make sense to me.

Because most of the laws they are crying 'make them citizens' is the same people who wrote the law in the first place,

Then in the 80s said 'meh that law doesn't matter, You're all citizens!'

Rinse and repeat.
edit on 26-1-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

zeroBelief

DogMeat

You pretty much said what I just said without any thought as to what the alternative for the Gov't would have been.

Cheers, mate!

Actually they ALREADY get all the perks and benefits citizens do.

The immigration issue in a nut shell is trying to buy an entire voting block.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Well isn't that just amazing to hear a political appointee of the Executive Branch casually disregard all sense of separation of powers with regard to LEGISLATION required for that dream to be real. Until that happens, I'd say the head of Homeland Security ought to focus on all that Homeland security they are always crying about and STOP worrying about all new ways to track, card and categorize the illegals as well. That's where Homeland's interest lay here, bet on it.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

neo96

zeroBelief

DogMeat

Cheers, mate!

Actually they ALREADY get all the perks and benefits citizens do.

The immigration issue in a nut shell is trying to buy an entire voting block.

Ummm...neither I nor DogMeat said *anything* about receiving the perks or "benefits" that American Citizens do....

So...

Ummm....

Pretty pill time?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zeroBelief

Sure did.

The priviledge of paying taxes is a 'perk'.

One they already have.

link   

neo96
Pathway's to citizenship already exist, military service, or get in line like the rest of the people who do not think they are above the law.

Amen brother. Fact is they are criminals. Criminals from another country HAVE NOT earned the right to be citizens. The only thing they have earned is a prison sentence or a one way ticket back to where they came from.

link   

Pimpintology

neo96

Amen brother. Fact is they are criminals. Criminals from another country HAVE NOT earned the right to be citizens. The only thing they have earned is a prison sentence or a one way ticket back to where they came from.

I actually forgot one.

The famous Marriage for green card.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Bull Crap,

Im not even one of the "kick them all out and build a fence crowd" Citizenship should be granted, AFTER following the established rule of law in the land.

Which Im all for reform but this all or nothing by both sides is just a set up, just like everything else.

Take health care, Right NO reform/ Left Complete reform end result? Cluster f(&(

NOW immigration

RIght KICK THEM ALL OUT, Left MAKE THEM ALL CITIZENS!

ITs all theater to keep us distracted and up and arms, they Polarize the two parties extremes in this manner, get everybody rabid on issues.

And in the end we the people get screwed.

The same people that got us here, WILL NOT GET US OUT.

Stop buying this BS, YES immigration is a problem and needs to be fixed, BUT WONT be by either side thats in office now.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You are soo right is not funny, the Democrats are going to need all those illegal immigrants to become citizens in order to win the elections next time.

Sadly they don't care to the fact that illegal immigration is nothing but importing poverty in the nation, increasing the welfare system and burdening the working class with more taxes, meanwhile the government have not problem screwing the working class for votes.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

These people make me sick. You don't "earn" something by stealing it. In fact, illegals are no better than bank robbers. And using the same inane logic as these idiots, we should allow bank robbers to keep their ill gotten cash as they "earned" it.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

DogMeat

If illegals are legitimately working and legitimately paid they ARE paying taxes if a W2 employee. They just can't get any back. If they are 1099 then the gov't might lose money if they don't file, but that goes for everyone: citizen and noncitizen alike.

There's plenty of information out there about how illegals pay PLENTY of the taxes so many of you claim they aren't paying.

Look it up.

Back to the OP: IMO, if they are contributing to society by working, etc and not engaging in any illegal or criminal activities then I think they should be granted citizenship. Period

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You are soo right is not funny, the Democrats are going to need all those illegal immigrants to become citizens in order to win the elections next time.

Yep the immigration 'issue' is as transparent as it gets.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Sounds like yet another subtle "suggestion" that the Executive Branch should somehow be allowed to circumvent Federal law.

The comments are also another sign of a "Buttering Up" effort.

"Earning" citizenship is clearly defined in laws.

The underlying suggestion is attaching to "Executive Privilege" which probably suggests that Obama could simply "Pardon" all illegal activities by all immigrants if he wants to.

It's an attempt to "threaten" Congress into passing an amnesty bill.

It also is an attempt to instill the idea of "Guilt" upon anyone who is against the opinion.

These guys are clever to say the least.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Most of the illegal work force in the nation are indeed in the poverty line, that is why they are called importers of poverty, when these people become citizens they will not turn rich overnight, they will became a burden of the welfare system as they will be able to collect welfare on their extended families and even stop working whatever low pay jobs they have.

More burden on the productive hard working class.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

I think they should be treated EXACTLY like Mexico treats their 'illegals'.

Under the Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony, punishable by up to two years in prison. Immigrants who are deported and attempt to re-enter can be imprisoned for 10 years. Visa violators can be sentenced to six-year terms. Mexicans who help illegal immigrants are considered criminals. Read more: www.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join