It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the craziest thing I have ever read.. Possession? From today's Indy Star.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I am not sure what to think.. I am not really religious. I have read famous possession stories before. The kid from St. Louis was a memorable one.. I have read stories about incredible things happening to people from many different religions. This story is backed up by many credible authorities apparently.

"A woman and three children who claimed to be possessed by demons. A 9-year-old boy walking backward up a wall in the presence of a family case manager and hospital nurse.

Gary police Capt. Charles Austin said it was the strangest story he had ever heard.

Austin, a 36-year veteran of the Gary Police Department, said he initially thought Indianapolis resident Latoya Ammons and her family concocted an elaborate tale as a way to make money. But after several visits to their home and interviews with witnesses, Austin said simply, "I am a believer."

Not everyone involved with the family was inclined to believe its incredible story. And many readers will find Ammons' supernatural claims impossible to accept.

But, whatever the cause of the creepy occurrences that befell the family — whether they were seized by a systematic delusion or demonic possession — it led to one of the most unusual cases ever handled by the Department of Child Services. Many of the events are detailed in nearly 800 pages of official records obtained by The Indianapolis Star and recounted in more than a dozen interviews with police, DCS personnel, psychologists, family members and a Catholic priest.

Ammons, who swears by her story, has been unusually open. While she spoke on condition her children not be interviewed or named, she signed releases letting The Star review medical, psychological and official records that are not open to the public — and not always flattering.

Furthermore, the family's story is made only more bizarre because it involves a DCS intervention, a string of psychological evaluations, a police investigation and, ultimately, a series of exorcisms.

It's a tale, they say, that started with flies."

ux.indystar.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

I'm not sure what to think, either - but, it's certainly an interesting story.

For readers: the article is long, and talks about 3 exorcisms and the experiences of the family members....
but worth a read.

I don't "believe" in 'demonic possession' - but this one is truly a case for the books.

I dunno.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I think such a thing is possible, but incredibly rare.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This is a bunch of BS in my opinion I don't buy it.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Brotherman
This is a bunch of BS in my opinion I don't buy it.

Well many people think it's not including multiple law enforcement professionals including the police chief of Gary who had 3 decades of service. It was the lead story in a major paper today. I would tend to agree with you if she tried to cash in some way but she apparently hasn't. I do not know one way or the other.. I was just blown away when I read it. Nurses and Social workers saw things they cannot explain. The police chief said " I am a believer".

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

Yeah but there were also health professionals including clinical psychologists that thought the kids were making it up and suffered from dillusions reinforced by their crazy mom. It read to me that the kids didn't want to go to school so they claimed they were possessed, you would think if they hated that house and was so so scary that they would rather be away in school then there. The cops you are referring to treated it as a novelty ghost hunt, digging holes in the basement for no reason other then to dig holes and all that when if they were really investigating why not collect evidence. They said that liquid manifesting on the venetian blinds came from the ghosts why not take a sample of it and have it analysed? My BS meter was going off the charts while reading that long article.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

Demonic possession happens everyday.

Look at all the mass killers that thought they heard voices in their heads telling them to kill.

This is probably why the elite are not banning guns. They control negative entities that will possess mortals holding guns.

A demon possessing a mortal body, trigger happy, gun collector is quite a killing machine.

And when the mortal gets killed, the demon leaves the body and moves onto the policeman's body and the killing continues.

Oh hold on, the police today just love torturing homeless people to death. Possession anyone ?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This is good - story about the Catholic Exorcist from Indianapolis.

Exorcist

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Brotherman
reply to post by GArnold

Yeah but there were also health professionals including clinical psychologists that thought the kids were making it up and suffered from dillusions reinforced by their crazy mom. It read to me that the kids didn't want to go to school so they claimed they were possessed, you would think if they hated that house and was so so scary that they would rather be away in school then there. The cops you are referring to treated it as a novelty ghost hunt, digging holes in the basement for no reason other then to dig holes and all that when if they were really investigating why not collect evidence. They said that liquid manifesting on the venetian blinds came from the ghosts why not take a sample of it and have it analysed? My BS meter was going off the charts while reading that long article.

Well you make valid points..As I said I do not know if it is true or not. I will say my Mom was a clinical psychologist. You can have 50 of them and they will all give you basically different opinions. Mostly it depends on who is paying them. I am not sure that is as red a flag as you seem to think. The fact the police did what they did is a bit suspicious for reasons you point out. I am not sure what to think about this honestly. It is 2014 in modern society... yet this was the lead article in one of the biggest papers in the Country. I am quite sure they did various forms of peer type review before posting this type of article. It certainly sounds like the Star did their research.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

You don't need to be a psychologist to tell if a kid is bullsh**ing you into why it doesn't want to go to school. Of course papers publish things like this as lead articles, it sells papers and panders to the pop culture paranormal investigator tv drama crowd that has over the past few years becoming increasingly more and more popular. I find it strangely ironic that police claim to have had a chance of collecting physical evidence of supposed manifestations of demons or whatever and yet all they did was wipe it off with a rag and keep an eye on the door for 25 minutes just to go back into the room and say yup look at that demon juice. I was not surprised to have read in that article it was that damn beezlebub again I thought in the back of my head before even reading the article that if i read beezlebub in this article im going to laugh and bam there it was that name hahahaha BS. The lady said she was having problems with flies instead of taking out her garbage she calls the ghost busters wtf. Observing wet footprints in the home? Call the cops but surely they are not going to look for an intruder possible home invasion hell no, they are going to go ghost hunting.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Damn, why is it whenever cool stuff, like 9-year-old boys walking backward up walls happens, there is never a camera around to record it?

With all the cameras around everywhere, you would think we would have tons of crazy off the wall footage happening on tape if it really happens at all.
edit on Sun, 26 Jan 2014 17:31:52 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Who needs a camera when you can just take my word for it? I am not sure but you would think that professionals would in fact record sessions with children for study but I am probably completely off my rocker, I would have to re-read that section to refresh my memory but I do believe that the child in question was under psych eval and you would think that being in the hospital setting the doc would want a record of behavior for analysis but I am probably crazy.

Actually I walk up walls and do backflips off my ceiling all the time, but I lose my powers when other people and cameras are around, its so keen that I cant do it when there is a recording device and I don't even know its there thats how I know I am being watched, when I cant walk up a wall, I know Im being watched =p

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Pretty crazy read! I understand money was an issue but i would have been out of that house as soon as anything tried to harm/possess my kids, seriously! They could have stayed with the relatives alot sooner too? I have 3 kids aswell i know that moving them would be a hassle but seriously if you saw your son being thrown from a room why would you stay that is insane, what happened to all the pictures that were captured id love too atleast see them! I hope the kids can live a normal peacefull life now..

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Upon reading now multiple threads and articles on this and the priest's letter to the bishop requesting permission to exorcise, what it looks like to me is that mom watched The Exorcist and possibly Poltergeist and decided that if she and her kids pretended that similar things were happening to them, someone might show up with some money for them to "tell their story". The people living in the house now have experienced no problems. Where did 200 demons go after the family moved out? I'm leaning towards this being bogus.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Reply to the figure in the window:

That is just very eerie, not because it may or may not be pareidolia but because it's coupled in with the other activity makes it seem more like it's not some item/s in the window looking odd. It's looks almost ET like, an interdenominational alien.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

She sought help because the authorities were suspicious that it was a cover story and she was abusing her children. If she made the whole thing up, how do you explain the nurse, police officers, and psychologist that all witnessed the boy walk backwards up a wall and ceiling?

Naturally, I don't expect the hard line skeptics to ever believe that this sort of thing can and does happen. Which is precisely why I will never share my own experiences here or with anyone else. You can have all the witnesses you want with you, people will treat you like you are either a liar, or a crazy person unless they are there to see it with their own two eyes.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I live in the town next to Gary and will be looking into this further. I'll even try to get some new pics for you guys!!!

P.S. of course the landlord says that everything is fine now, what's he gonna say ? "Yeah you don't want to live here it's possessed"

I'm just excited that there is a story from my area that made ATS!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by fullkrause

It's quite possible there is no activity in the house anymore. Demonic infestation isn't like a typical haunting as the activity isn't tied to the house, but rather focused on the people experiencing it. Often times people can move out of a house to try and end the activity and it will just follow them. If the priest in this case was successful then there will be nothing to report about the house. Chances are in a case like this, it was never about the house to begin with.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

DeadSeraph
reply to post by fullkrause

It's quite possible there is no activity in the house anymore. Demonic infestation isn't like a typical haunting as the activity isn't tied to the house, but rather focused on the people experiencing it. Often times people can move out of a house to try and end the activity and it will just follow them. If the priest in this case was successful then there will be nothing to report about the house. Chances are in a case like this, it was never about the house to begin with.

I agree, all I'm saying is any landlord with half a brain would try to play this down or embrace it and start charging for tours!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

This would be a perfect time for the cops in question to have body-mounted cameras, and from what I know about case workers they tend to carry cameras with them to home visits. Maybe there is some photo/video evidence. Live leaks anyone?
edit on 28-1-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join