It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the craziest thing I have ever read.. Possession? From today's Indy Star.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

it is clear and obvious you are pro belief in this instance and I am clearly not. Being what it is, I will try and do a better job making what I have to say more clearly

no. its not clear that I am a believer. im 'agnostic' on the issue. I don't know whether there are entities in other dimensions or not. I just know that you don't know either. you believe. you are being perfectly clear and don't have to do a better job, I would just prefer if you were a little less definite. this is your first post in this thread:

This is a bunch of BS in my opinion I don't buy it.

well thanks for the detailed analysis. and now you claim you want to 'move forward' with the discussion. excuse me if I find your first post to be not that welcoming to discussion.

I will also try a bit harder to understand better what you are trying to convey in terms of your insights to what it is that is going on.

I dont have many insights into what is going on in this article. the few I have are shared below. my point is you seem to think that your opinions/belief and scientific facts are the same thing.

No based on what I read, researched, and understood. Had nothing to do with a predetermination.

so, this article aside, do you believe it is at all POSSIBLE that there are entities as yet undiscovered by science that can interact with us in some way that is also unknown to science? and could I be so bold as to suggest that everyone reads an article like this with preconceived ideas - its impossible not to unless you were born yesterday or suffer from extreme amnesia.

if all you have a problem with is this particular article then that's cool. but if you think that entities elsewhere is an impossibility then no amount of evidence - other than personal experience - is ever going to change your mind so whats the point of us discussing anything? whats the point of you even reading the article in the first place? let alone posting in the thread.

I don't believe in demonic possession. im open to it. im undecided.

this whole article could be forgotten for me if it weren't for the witnesses, that I am not so quick to dismiss as you are. that's really all it is. I just don't think granny and co could perform a convincing enough gymnastic manuvere to fool me into thinking that are possessed by a demon. cmon man. if this family is struggling for cash I think a career at cirque du soleil could solve their problems. you really think 3 adults couldn't tell the difference between a kid doing a gymnastic flip with grannies help and something else that they cant explain so easily?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

TKDRL
Damn, why is it whenever cool stuff, like 9-year-old boys walking backward up walls happens, there is never a camera around to record it?

I'd say occasionally there is, but the footage is never released to the public because of this...

Rapha
This is probably why the elite are not banning guns. They control negative entities that will possess mortals holding guns.

If the elite want to keep something secret from the masses, evidence is usually supressed. And even if there was a real video of a demonically possessed child walking backwards up a wall on YouTube, you know how people would react to it.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

sweord

it is clear and obvious you are pro belief in this instance and I am clearly not. Being what it is, I will try and do a better job making what I have to say more clearly

no. its not clear that I am a believer. im 'agnostic' on the issue. I don't know whether there are entities in other dimensions or not. I just know that you don't know either. you believe. you are being perfectly clear and don't have to do a better job, I would just prefer if you were a little less definite. this is your first post in this thread:

This is a bunch of BS in my opinion I don't buy it.

well thanks for the detailed analysis. and now you claim you want to 'move forward' with the discussion. excuse me if I find your first post to be not that welcoming to discussion.

I will also try a bit harder to understand better what you are trying to convey in terms of your insights to what it is that is going on.

I dont have many insights into what is going on in this article. the few I have are shared below. my point is you seem to think that your opinions/belief and scientific facts are the same thing.

No based on what I read, researched, and understood. Had nothing to do with a predetermination.

so, this article aside, do you believe it is at all POSSIBLE that there are entities as yet undiscovered by science that can interact with us in some way that is also unknown to science? and could I be so bold as to suggest that everyone reads an article like this with preconceived ideas - its impossible not to unless you were born yesterday or suffer from extreme amnesia.

if all you have a problem with is this particular article then that's cool. but if you think that entities elsewhere is an impossibility then no amount of evidence - other than personal experience - is ever going to change your mind so whats the point of us discussing anything? whats the point of you even reading the article in the first place? let alone posting in the thread.

I don't believe in demonic possession. im open to it. im undecided.

this whole article could be forgotten for me if it weren't for the witnesses, that I am not so quick to dismiss as you are. that's really all it is. I just don't think granny and co could perform a convincing enough gymnastic manuvere to fool me into thinking that are possessed by a demon. cmon man. if this family is struggling for cash I think a career at cirque du soleil could solve their problems. you really think 3 adults couldn't tell the difference between a kid doing a gymnastic flip with grannies help and something else that they cant explain so easily?

to be simple like stimpy I think your witnesses are pretty silly too

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
But Rhen! there is only one morsel of litter

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

to be simple like stimpy I think your witnesses are pretty silly too

ignore (v.)
"not to know, to be ignorant of," from French ignorer "be unaware of," from Latin ignorare "not to know, disregard" (see ignorant). Sense of "pay no attention to" first recorded 1801 (Barnhart says "probably a dictionary word"), and not common until c.1850. Related: Ignored; ignoring.

deny ignore-ance.
deny ignorance.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sweord

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

NuclearPaul
If the elite want to keep something secret from the masses, evidence is usually supressed. And even if there was a real video of a demonically possessed child walking backwards up a wall on YouTube, you know how people would react to it.

Frankly, I'm not sure it supports the leadership of this country to not get us to fear the Devil. It would be easier to have people arrested under heresay, if we could make a video about their possession, and kill them during an exorcism.

The only entity that I really see this helping is a Satan figure--NOT the POTUS or his string-pullers.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I think possession is real. This video is what I find is the most convincing. As usual you can always rationalize and say it is acting, but I just don't believe that someone would act like this deliberately. Look at the hands, posture, eyes, twitching. This is the real deal. We are so use to being told that it is BS yet so many people of old age told me they seen it. Just impossible that this many people would lie.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to make the whole world believe he didn't exist. So far he is achieving his goal just fine. Stay rational people and get real with our Father.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

wtbengineer
reply to post by DeadSeraph

That is a good point and true indeed. Satan will not waste his time tormenting those that are his already (at least not now). He will focus like any good general on his adversary, or on any potential adversary. Those who pose no threat he will try to lull along in peaceful existence.

Agreed.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

It's not like I was praying for BS like money or fame. I was praying that I would stop getting debilitating migraines at least once a week, for peace in my household, for my cousin's brain tumor to go away. No good reason to say no to these kinda things lol. After years of being a born again christian throughout childhood, I tried a lot of different things that sounded good in theory, if it worked. I recieved the same empty silence, and lack of answers I recieved from jesus. All seems to be a bunch of mumbojumbo hooey lol. If some of the rituals I did actually worked, I would likely be still participating in the one that worked. And it would be all god's own fault for ignoring a child all those years.

I believe God is more likely to answer your prayer if you are in the state of grace. If you want your prayers answered there are considerations that you need to follow.

One have faith. Jesus tells us a little bit of faith will move mountains. Approach God with humility and a contrite heart. In terms of your migraines, ask God to guide you in seeking the right treatment instead of healing you. With regard to your cousin, again asking God to guide medical staff in the care and treatment of your cousin.

Be willing to trust that God knows what is best for us. Answering our prayer as you have presented may not be in our long term best interest. Remember God knows best, He will not give us something that is bad for us no matter how hard we ask.

Be patient and persistent. Ask and keep on asking, remember the story of the bad judge and the lady that pesters him constantly.

Lastly, if the problems are too great of a burden, then hand that burden back to God and give thanks.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Baddogma
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Hey Cirque, as for the haunted houses don't generally posses.... I guess, in that sense of a residual vs. intelligent haunt... but I stayed in a suicide house where the intelligent non-physical dweller seemed to 'co-habitate' my body.

Long, sordid story short, once living in that house I started doing a dangerous, addictive drug like a fiend (one that I never liked or paid attention to before) and had periods of fuzzyness (not really caused by the drug I think) where my memory just wasn't there (and I was a competitive chess player with a pretty good memory) .

Anyway, the house was active and weird and there were witnesses galore and I moved after a few months, and as soon as I was somewhere else I never touched that drug again... never even thought about it and this is something people go to rehab over. It seems physically impossible, but it happened.

I learned that the suicide there had killed himself precisely because he couldn't free himself from the thrall of that substance... so do with the story what you will. I am not convinced I was possessed, but there is a possibility that I was.

Some homes are just not healthy spiritually to live in. Your experience was more likely diabolical torment that if you stayed could have led you to suicide.

It is a good thing that you moved out quickly.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join