It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the craziest thing I have ever read.. Possession? From today's Indy Star.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Gary is so poor, cops are lucky to have guns, let alone body mounted cameras!!

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by fullkrause

Fair enough, but apparently they did take pictures that were somehow deleted.....

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I feel the pain of the rationally oriented members.

It's problematic believing this stuff can happen, or rather knowing paranormal stuff indeed happens, but drawing a line at demons. Believing in demon possession is going too far... for me, anyway.

I just don't buy the dogma and think these entities (if entities they are) are something else... maybe reflections of people's own psi abilities, or creatures that don't exist independently and thus mimic expectations... dunno.

Weird stuff like this does happen, though, but I'd wager it's rare as heck and mundane family dysfunction, psychological sickness and old-fashioned acting out happens far, far more often. Maybe they happen in symbiosis, too.

I lived in two disturbed rentals and after careful, highly skeptical investigation, came to the conclusion that the paranormal exists... just like many informed, intelligent folks, but I still have no idea what it really is. Ghosts as remnants of people? Sure... maybe. Ancient demons warring against ancient angels and humanity? I can't buy it... or maybe just don't want to.

I did have something weird and invisible that seemed to do some subtle, very nasty, psychologically based attacks centered on my relationship with a friend. That skeptical friend experienced the weirdness (things moving on their own, noises, shadows cast by nothing visible) and we both undeniably felt some dreadful energy field move through the space we were standing in twice... hard to describe and completely useless to convince someone who wasn't experiencing it that it happened... but I don't discount this stuff right away anymore.

Demons are just so dark ages, anti intellectual and they defy rational discussion... but darnit, something conforming to their description seems to exist... and at the same time, can't. Whatever it's worth... from my corner. Either way, this story is quite liminal.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

I generally have to see it to believe it. I have seen some weird stuff in my day, but never nothing as crazy as demon possession, kids walking up walls..... Nothing nearly as sensational as that lol.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Have you heard about the new Exorcist film that is in production? They get the devil to take the priest out of the child.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Rapha

Oh hold on, the police today just love torturing homeless people to death. Possession anyone ?

Why do people feel that humans are not inherently bad? There is a reason why we are top dog on this planet and it isn't because we are nice. We don't need evil entities taking over our bodies and mind, we do just find all by ourselves...

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

You mean something like people levitating?

edit on 29-1-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Michael Jackson is from Gary, Indiana. Maybe watching possessions like this is where he came up with the "moonwalk?"

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

TKDRL
Damn, why is it whenever cool stuff, like 9-year-old boys walking backward up walls happens, there is never a camera around to record it?

With all the cameras around everywhere, you would think we would have tons of crazy off the wall footage happening on tape if it really happens at all.
edit on Sun, 26 Jan 2014 17:31:52 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

If someone had a camera, everyone would just cry CGI. If they had a photo, everyone would cry Photoshop. When we get anecdotes, everyone cries, Nutters!

These days with technology making us all cynics, there is no such thing as proof. Evidence is not about proof anymore...it's about prior belief.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Okay, the movie "the Exorcist" was based on the novel , but the novel was based on the book about the actual event that involved an 11 or 12 year old boy. I can't remember the name of that book, but I found it in the library back in the '90's. After reading that book I felt such an energy that was so ominous I immediately returned it. Like just publishing it, just the written account had some vestiges of that original energy that I didn't want in my house.
Having said that, I have watched a lot of videos of exorcisms, read the novels and watched the movies (as in Emily Rose), and do believe that it is usually some sort of religious/emotional hysteria, although the Voo Doo practice of inviting possession are, to me , still in question. I believe possession is extremely rare, not counting Voo Doo because I think it could skew the numbers. In this case of the news report, there were so many professional third party witnesses who in their line of work , I would assume to be inundated with lies, cons, and deceipt, that I tend to believe this one. Sure there's going to be a book and a movie later on because writers are always looking for this sort of material, but just like in "The Exorcist", just because there is a book and a movie about it doesn't make it a hoax.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Ammons and Campbell said the 12-year-old was levitating above the bed, unconscious.

Campbell and Ammons said they didn't know exactly what "it" was, but they believed it was something supernatural.

Gee how did they figured it out. My guess would have been a flu or something
edit on 29-1-2014 by payta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Eventually, after listening to Campbell and Ammons talk about the house and visiting it, officials at one church told them the Carolina Street house had spirits in it.

I didnt see this coming, these guys must have been in shock.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

So... "hardened" police officers would not stay there after nightfall, and a series of public officials refused to visit at all? That is PATHETIC!

It is the height of spiritual weakness to retreat in the face of evil, whether that evil is perpetrated by the flesh and blood criminals of our age, or something less easily defined. Conquest over evil can only be achieved by overwhelming will power, and (though this is probably not going to be popular) faith in God. Lack either one, and there can be no victory over darkness, no matter where it comes from.

I do not talk about these things much, so bear with me.

I have had... experience with people who have been in an altered state, as a result of non-chemical, non-physiological intervention in their every day life by forces unknown. Though any situation requires a unique approach in order to rectify, approaching such situations with fear, with racing heart and soaring pulse, is not the way to go about things. You have to dominate the space, exert yourself over the place, the time, the air, the ground, the walls the ceiling. You have to allow the power granted you by your creator to flow from you and into the area, and by the overwhelming might of God, crush the intent and the power of the darkness, and send it broken, bloodied, and bound, back to whatever hole it came from. There is no ritual, there is no rote that works for this. It is situational, but the essence of it is always the same. Total domination.

You do not communicate with it, you do not order it from the place, as if giving it the choice to respond. You summon Gods will unto you, and brush the filth from the world as if it were no more than swatting a fly, or cleaning a spilled drink of a counter.

Walking into a situation, believing for a moment that you can be conquered by your enemy, is a sure way to get boned in these situations.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Can he do it in the open, without a hanging curtain behind him with verticle folds?

He levitates better

edit on Wed, 29 Jan 2014 11:00:38 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by intelligenthoodlum33

Yeah, you are right though. I have made myself "fly" before with a little help from after effects. I love doing photomanipulation as well. I know what can be done by me just an amateur, we see what can be done by pros in hollywood movies. I really do have to see with my own two eyes, tech has made it impossible to take video and photos as evidence anymore, I am surprised it is still admissible in court lol.
edit on Wed, 29 Jan 2014 11:08:58 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I read this. Intriguing to say the least. Appears well documented by CPS and the local police.
Any doubters still out there?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I watched a recent episode of Dead Files. In it, Amy Allen, the medium, advised the people that they are being harassed by an "alien" or inter-dimensional beings! It was the first time she'd ever said something like this. It really freaked me out. She has been very accurate on her "readings" and this one was particularly weird. She said that they couldn't get rid of the aliens. They were banging on the house walls. This reading seemed to validate the Afterlife Investigations video where during one of the TV experiments, what appeared to be a great alien looking figure was captured on recording.
During the episode, she advised the people that there was an old Indian chief advising that the area they are living on was not for the living and that it wasn't a good place to be. Very strange for sure.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

wrkn4livn
reply to post by TrueBrit

I watched a recent episode of Dead Files. In it, Amy Allen, the medium, advised the people that they are being harassed by an "alien" or inter-dimensional beings! It was the first time she'd ever said something like this. It really freaked me out. She has been very accurate on her "readings" and this one was particularly weird. She said that they couldn't get rid of the aliens. They were banging on the house walls. This reading seemed to validate the Afterlife Investigations video where during one of the TV experiments, what appeared to be a great alien looking figure was captured on recording.
During the episode, she advised the people that there was an old Indian chief advising that the area they are living on was not for the living and that it wasn't a good place to be. Very strange for sure.

I caught that episode too, thought that was interesting finding a recognized medium aligned with myself(previous post here meant dimensional not denominational-damn spell check lol). Wonder if any of the mediums/investigators will check out the OP place in question.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Probably, but I doubt the monk is in it for the money nor does he seem the sort of person who would do it for the fanfare. Enlightenment and all that.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Lol, Its probably my obe playing out in real life.
These things do happen happen .

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join