It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taxes this year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I know this will be short, but did anybody else seem to get a lot less than usual this year for tax returns? Mine were horrible and I am not sure why, but the state robbed me of a bunch of it. Any body else?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidWalker

Haven't done mine yet, but I have been wondering if this would be the case because of news I have heard. I'll let you know.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I will be doing mine this weekend. Will be back when I'm done...

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Two things are certain in life "death and taxes"!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I got a little more..but our pay went down by almost 4K this year..I wondered why we felt so squeezed this year...I mean I don't even know HOW my husbands pay went down...he didn't get demoted..or anything..actually he received an award for 250 bucks for excellence this year..our child credits went down by 1/2 don't really understand that either..???

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Glad you ranted about this. Ranting, rational or not, is the right of a taxpayer I believe.

I'd like to point out the bizarre, incoherent viewpoints and attitudes people seem to have about taxes.

I have no knowledge of your world view or economic situation other than you have a sense that it is unfair or robbery or some such thing. I've heard this a hundred times. You will point to someone else whom you perceive as having unfair advantage or unjust control over you yet 98% of people won't consider that they have it better than a different group that is pointing at them.

It's fascinating. Did you know that many people have a very large bill to pay at the end of the year? The amount might even be larger than your entire yearly income. Equally amusing is the rationale offered as to why that might be more fair than your case.

Like I said, if you write down your thoughts of fairness on a piece of paper, you might understand what I mean by incoherent. The only totally fair system is 0% tax for all. Koch Inc is working on it.

edit on 24-1-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: syntax error

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

yeah I actually had to pay $40 in taxes...even though those #$&^$tards already took well over 10% out of my paycheck each time, and then made me pay back another total %10 of everything else i made on top of that! I mean I guess it's my fault because I did mark a 2 on my W-4 under the dependants section. And apparently everyone except me knew that that meant you don't get a refund back at the end of the year. A zero means you get the most refunded, but it's like you're giving the government more of your money from your paycheck each time, basically giving them a tax free loan throughout the year ,but you get SOME of that back. If you mark a 1 it's more balanced, and if you put a 2 then you get the most back in your paychecks, but nothing back in taxes and usually have to pay in.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ScrufferMcGruffer

Not to mention, how much tax is taken from just pay checks. Then you have gas tax, property tax, car licence tax, tax on utilities, tax on everything but food. So just how much of that pay check is actually taxed after it has been taxed. Some people just do not think outside the box. Its tax after tax after tax so the Government can have big paychecks, big pensions, best health insurance. Then they strip away all the benefits to our vets and shove Obamacare down our throats. I am tired of BIG government, are you? We need a rally to DC. Join us May 16th 2014 in a rally to save our Constitution and put our country back to for the people by the people. patriotsforamerica.ning.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Kllyblvn

It's actually so you can have roads, and infrastructure, and fire fighters, and the list goes on.

In about a month, I'll do our taxes. No state taxes in Texas so no worries there. I suspect I'll have to write a check to cover some portion. I'll do it, and I won't give taxes another thought for 365 more days.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Thanks all for responding

top topics

join