It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guards and staff committed nearly half of sexual assaults in prisons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Morning,

What more proof do you need?
What evidence will be enough to convince you that those who claim to protect us are actually worse than those they claim to protect you from?
Female officers rupturing testicles during "patdowns".
L.E.O.'s murdering the old and handicapped.
Cops cooking genitals of the citizens with tasers.
They get paid vacations...while the victems are forced to pay for their own "rapes" and even the medical costs of the officers that put them into a coma in the first place?
Nobody even bats so much as an eyelash.
So I imagine this little revelation (which I have been saying has been the case now for much longer than a decade) will just get swept under the rug as well.
Forget that half of them are (what amounts to) being shanghai'd into prisons with trumped up laws manipulated by guards unions & government to the benefit of the corperations which contract to run these "facillities" to support America's only growing financial sector...the prison industrial complexe. More of the "disaster capitalism" model in action.
Forget all about that.
You think you're only going to get fondled by the TSA at an airport?
You will be fisted on the side of a road in public.
You will be strip searched by the opposing gender.
You may even be just flat out stalked and raped by a cop as recent headlines on ATS have shown us.
But guess what?
All those shows about prisoner rape?
Even that is a misrepresentation.
HALF...freaking-fifty-percent...of all prison rapes are the guards and staff.
What exactly do you think they do outside of prison?
Just turn all those violent sexual urges off like a lightswitch?
Doesn't the government's blind eye to the pervy TSA make a lot more sence now?
Are you starting to get it yet?
The State knows that violent sex just breaks people...they always have...this isn't a newsflash for them.
But did you even suspect it's not an "unspoken reality" of the system...but a cornerstone of human control?
We are all being conditioned to be prisoners.
I am getting tired of always asking this question of you all but:

"When will enough be enough?"

Decide for yourselves...

www.washingtontimes.com...

-Peace...is not what the government wants-
edit on 24-1-2014 by Eryiedes because: Addition

edit on 24-1-2014 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

to quote your own source accurately :

Nearly half of all sexual assault accusations reported in U.S. correctional facilities in 2011 were aimed at prison guards or staff,

so that's accusations - not actuall offences

and further :

But the challenge for officials is sorting through cases in which evidence indicates the commission of a crime and those in which prisoners may have been motivated solely by a desire to harm guards they don’t like

an obvious statement - given that the incentive to make a false accusation against another prisoner is very low - but the reasons for falsely accusing a staffer are multitude

The report found that only about 10 percent of reported sexual assaults in prison could be substantiated.

pretty expected

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Same old, same old. There could never be any truth to the accusations. It's just those bad prisoners trying to get back at the guards. There's probably some truth to that, actually. But...

I have no problem whatsoever believing the OP also has some truth to it. We are a society that rationalizes away that which we can hide from. It didn't happen in front of our face. Ergo, it didn't happen at all.

Be good little serfs, and go on about your business. There's nothing to see here.

(Not a dig on you, ignorant ape. Just using your post to address what you quoted.)

edit on 1/24/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Nearly half? I'd say 80% or more.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

well here is just one case of your 10% percent.

Alabama Prison Was House of Horrors for Female Inmates, Feds Say

i'm absolutely sure that it is more than just 10% percent. i know a couple of guards. and they tell me the war stories.
guards and inmates are at each others throats all the time, the guards seem to have the upper hand.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I lose respect toward the Washington Times. Their title says staff committed rape when actually those 50% are accusations of rape, not rape itself. Am I really expected to believe that every second employee rapes the inmates? Well, I dont.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Skyfloating
Am I really expected to believe that every second employee rapes the inmates? Well, I dont.

I do believe that the permanant random searches that prisoners are subjected to, which can be pretty invasive, qualifies as "unwanted touching" or "state-mandated" molestation.
Secondly, I believe it only claimed 50% of cases...not 50% of guards or staff.
I'm positive there is lying on both sides of this but I am more concerned with the lies of the controllers than the lies of those being controlled.
Is it truely 50%?
Likely not...but even if it was 40%...or 30% it would STILL be just as intolerable.
Does a guard ordering that a prisoner rape a fellow inmate count?
I think it does.
It might even be worse than reported...most "sensitive" scandals are.

-Peace-
edit on 24-1-2014 by Eryiedes because: Addition

edit on 24-1-2014 by Eryiedes because: Correction

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Skyfloating
I lose respect toward the Washington Times. Their title says staff committed rape when actually those 50% are accusations of rape, not rape itself. Am I really expected to believe that every second employee rapes the inmates? Well, I dont.

it does not have to be 50% of the staff..... it is quite possibly a case of re-offending staff.....you are quite correct it does say accusation but that doesn't mean it isn't true....this kind of behaviour is a form of control and i would not be surprised in the least this happens

new topics

top topics

join