It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: China Dumps all US Bonds and Closes South China Sea - CNN Pulls Article Minutes After Post

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Now Yahoo news claim the "Syrian Electronic Army" was behind the CNN hack.

yahoo linky

Seriously?
edit on 23/1/2014 by kloejen because: wised up

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
More on this

SEA Hacks CNN Twitter Account and Drops Truth!

www.youtube.com...

edit on 7/30/2012 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

kloejen
Now Yahoo news claim the "Syrian Electronic Army" was behind the CNN hack.

yahoo linky

Seriously? Or are someone already playing the blame-game? This already stinks!

or have you just been removed from all the cyber crime that the SEA has done recently?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I think the story could be true.

I think CNN wrote it and then got one of those magic phone calls.

Watch the U.S. Treasury markets this week.

Somebody screwed up bigtime.

The DOW was down 175 today.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

It appears so. Gotta catch up on the SEA-group.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

I just Love it when ' The Hacks " get Hacked , don't you ? ...

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It's clearly a hack. Not someone familiar with how to post using whatever CMS CNN uses. Compare that post with others live on CNN. It's ridiculously short for one, as such subsequently missing the 'Full Post' link. It is missing a 'posted by [CNN author]' and is 'filed under' an assortment of random categories. Missing a social button to follow politicalticker on Twitter. Biggest one is no header image…. that's standard procedure. Yeah definitely not a legit post by someone at CNN.
edit on 23-1-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I see someone saying the site was hacked at CNN but I do not see anything from CNN directly on it. It could be partially true, maybe China is dumping some bonds. That is their right. It does not mean it is a political action though. No evidence is given that this particular article was added by a hack. It may have slipped through from a reporter and maybe they made something up to cover it up also. I guess we will not find out.

I'm going to keep an eye on this possibility in the future to see if there is even a slight bit of truth to any part of it.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

xuenchen
I think the story could be true.

I think CNN wrote it and then got one of those magic phone calls.

Watch the U.S. Treasury markets this week.

Somebody screwed up bigtime.

The DOW was down 175 today.

I agree. How WILL it go down when it does? The magic phone cannot every journalist or editor. If the OP didnt catch this when he did, we may never have know about the hack. It makes no difference to me but if a conspiracy site takes the word of the source that a story is a hoax, then where do I go to discover uncovered conspiracies?

I too was wondering why there wasn't a HOAX sticky on this thread a few minutes ago thinking this could alarm people. Then after reading your post I gave it some thought and was a little embarrassed how easily I dismissed this at the word of a corporation I believe would be part of hiding truth from the masses.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

It's just so far removed from the standard formatting used by the CNN article posters. That should be the nail in the coffin. I outlined some in my post a few up. I suggest comparing the cached post provided earlier to all the live ones on CNN.
edit on 23-1-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Holy Moly... Thanks for the link to the remaining google cache that still shows the original link/URL this did appear at, however briefly, at CNN. A hack no question whatsoever...as China wouldn't have Western outlets reporting it before they announced that level of move to the whole world, personally.

Still.... Anyone recall that 'oddball' statement out of Kim in North Korea about how he wouldn't give up the values of the DPRK for any price? Anyone recall how we all wondered...for how strange that was out of context? ...then we found out months later, as I recall, there *HAD* been a back channel offer made at or around that time, and it was ..as some suspected, the DPRK's answer to a question the public never even knew had been asked.

So on this... is it really a hack in terms of people unrelated to China or the US? Or....is this China's way of getting a VERY VERY loud message sent to Washington in a way that is so deniable it's silly ...but impossible to miss if something like it was anticipated for another 'answer' to something?

I wonder these days.... Still, it's a hack so hoaxy... ewww...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join