It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HERO! 8-year-old saved 6 in fire, died trying to save 7th

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

I am sure he will be missed. However he is for sure having a good time wherever he is.
May been his last life here on earth.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I heard this story yesterday from my wife. Damn, its hard to read.

We all can only hope to have enough "BAMF" inside of us that we could step up like this kid did when called into duty.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

OMGIH are you kidding me! I tell every passer by reading this now.
This little guy, will wear the crown of a prince in Heaven.
Perfect example of a human being.

Thank you OP for this great thread.
SnF

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Astounding. This boy's act of selfless courage and love shines more brightly than anything I have seen in a long while. The world suffered a great loss along with the family that day. Without boys like Tyler Doohan to grow into men of strength, compassion, and courage, there is little hope for the future of humanity.

For those of you who ask where the adults were during the fire...I only hope you are never faced with such an unforeseen crisis. In the real world where EMT's and police officers are not always seconds away, terrible things happen every day and regular people are forced to cope. In those crucial moments when life is at stake, it will not do anyone any good to stand there looking around for an adult. Tyler Doohan realized this, and the only other thing he needed to know was that he loved his family.

Certainly no one could have blamed this boy had he stayed outside and waited for help, but instead he went above and beyond what society expects of a child (and sadly this is above even what we expect of grown men in today's leave-it-to-the-professionals society). We should not diminish his bravery and sense of responsibility by attempting to portray him as a victim. Rather, we should lift him up as the hero he is.

Hero in bold-face, because Tyler was not paid and trained to accomplish what he did. He did not merely rescue a cat, or perform a civic duty. Tyler Doohan presented for us an image of the best of what resides every man, woman, and child on this planet. For that, we love and mourn him.
edit on 23-1-2014 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
For those asking where the adults were, first off the boy didn't live there, he was having a sleepover with a bunch of his cousins. Secondly, his Aunt actually tried to prevent him from going back into the house, but he wrestled himself away from her to run in and save his grandfather/uncle/whatever.

His grandfather was his best friend, they were very, very close.

He was found lying next to his grandfather in the bedroom, they were both trying to get to the window.
edit on 23-1-2014 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

OpenMindedRealist

For those of you who ask where the adults were during the fire...I only hope you are never faced with such an unforeseen crisis. In the real world where EMT's and police officers are not always seconds away, terrible things happen every day and regular people are forced to cope. In those crucial moments when life is at stake, it will not do anyone any good to stand there looking around for an adult. Tyler Doohan realized this, and the only other thing he needed to know was that he loved his family.

I was one of those who questioned what the adults were doing once they had been alerted to the situation. This story would have touched me had I not experienced being in a house fire with children. But as I was involved in a house fire with my four children last year I suppose it affected me even more so.

Whilst I accept that there may be more to the story than we have already heard....Asking these questions is not diminishing his bravery. His bravery is not in question.But I think it is wrong to say this boy is a true hero so let's just leave it at that. I think it is important to at least ask questions about why a little boy was forced to take control of this situation even if he did it willingly and selflessly...there were four capable adults present.

Maybe I am looking at this all wrong...and maybe my own experiences are clouding my judgement.
But......
The mother in me screams that I would rather him be an ordinary little boy playing outside with friends today rather than being for most a face and name of someone always remembered as a hero

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Air0x

Living in a trailer wasn't the best thing this young lad had to endure, although he could be very happy I don't know. But he will be missed by relatives.. And he will be well received by our lord and god! Hero's get special treatment..

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Logos23

OpenMindedRealist

But......
The mother in me screams that I would rather him be an ordinary little boy playing outside with friends today rather than being for most a face and name of someone always remembered as a hero

I couldn't agree more. I have been watching his mother being interviewed for the past few days and she says pretty much the same thing. Ok I am tearing up just thinking about it.

edit on 23-1-2014 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

This boy died saving someone he loved. It would of been much more tragic if it was because of neglecting parents who were passed out and let a meth lab catch the house on fire.

The fact that he ran in to save somebody he loved and cherished showed that his life was rich with loving relationships.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Such a brave little boy. As a parent myself, I simply cannot comprehend the pain this boy's mother must be going through.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Now the family are already squabbling over the money raised to help them.

The mother, who didn't live in the trailer that burned, wants to buy a new trailer for her and her kids.

I think, if she didn't live in the trailer that was affected, why should she get a new one?

It's a really sad situation that this kid did so much good in his short life, and now his family are more divided than ever over results of his actions.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by athenatree

So much "pain" that she's usurping money that has been donated in the family's name, to buy herself a new trailer, when she didn't even live in the trailer that was burned.

I feel for her, but her actions are hardly those of someone who's grieving.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

randyvs

OMGIH are you kidding me! I tell every passer by reading this now.
This little guy, will wear the crown of a prince in Heaven.
Perfect example of a human being.

Thank you OP for this great thread.
SnF

Died in performance of a completely selfless act. I'm not Christian or religious in any way, but I'd like to think people (especially children) like this who are would get automatic entry into the Kingdom of Heaven, were I a believer in that sort of thing.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Past this star and flags stuff. He is a hero before knowing what the title meant. May he rest in peace.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I know some fully-grown men who wouldn't go back for ANYTHING not even all the money in the world. I wouldn't go back either. I'm barely into basic training and still. I don't have the guts to do that kind of stuff. This kid's name needs to be remembered for his heroic actions. I salute you.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. Tyler walked that path shadowed by Death, but you see... Love is GOD and when you are filled with Love, Death has no dominion. Death is only an illusion, Love is eternal.
edit on 23-1-2014 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

I don't think an eight year old took the time to think complicated thoughts. I think it was pure love and the desire to get his family safe. The adults were probably frozen.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I want to be a hero like this boy when I grow up someday. He did the right thing when the time called for it, even though it cost him his life. This poor child is more of a hero than all the athletes and artists and actors combined. Other children and 'adults' such as myself should look up to this boy as a hero. You only get to be a hero once, and this boy stood up where I know I would be too fearful to rise. May you enjoy your mansion in Heaven, hero.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

There are many like this-

Its all designed to make you feel guilty.

Cool thing about early 21st century technology...its somewhat sloppy and detectable.

I suggest you stand down. I can smell ya within 100 light years.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

He died.................TRYING!!!!

What more needs to be said? He didn't sit around, waiting for his favorite superhero to save the day! He DIED TRYING.

That should resonate in EVERYONE'S heart.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join