It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HERO! 8-year-old saved 6 in fire, died trying to save 7th

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Panic2k11
reply to post by rupertg

That saying is so wrong that it aches. The reality is that only the reckless dye young (by their own actions or by the reckless situation that they are pushed or allowed into).

Whilst I am also not a fan of that saying...I think it is wrong to say that only the reckless die young (either by their own hand or by others)
Many children die young as a result of illness or disease and not by reckless actions.

Death doesn't discriminate and doesn't care if you are 3 or 93!

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

Besides being the title of an amazing song, I think the saying holds true. When your young, your innocent so by default you are good. All our young are innocent and if they die, they died good.... so only the good die young.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

you are reading it wrong. I knew i was gunna get knicked for that. What I meant was that everyone has a purpose in life. One of them is to protect our loved ones even if it kills us. I dont agree with him dying, he should have been one of the first ones out.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

The local talk radio guy I listen to on my way to work highlighted this story when I was about halfway there. I thought I was going to have to pull over and cry for a few minutes. So very, very sad, but at least it was sad for the right reasons - the kid was a hero and died trying to help his loved ones escape. He didn't leave anyone behind.

There is surely a reward for him.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Very sad outcome
for this little Souldier, may his spirit carry on in those whom he saved and may the LORD BLESS Tyler with more strength and guidance on his journey beyond. His heroic acts are inspirational to 1, may he R.I.P

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Amazing story, with a tragic ending for him and another.

Humbled once again in my life.

My condolences out to his family and love ones.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

If I had a son he would look like Tyler J. Doohan.

RIP little buddy. You had more courage in that 8 year old heart of yours than most of us 30+.

edit on 22-1-2014 by UFO1414 because: Typing on an iPad.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Some run from the sound of chaos, some run towards it. RIP kid. You did right.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
4 adults. 5 children. 9 people living in a cramped trailer home. Who knows what sort of cockamamie hodge-podge of wiring they had going on.

You know what really killed this kid? Poverty.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
May his soul achieve Moksha

The sheer courage , humility, discipline required to save some one from a fire is just immense ..an 8 year old having such qualities... Does one realise how hot fire is..... The sheer courage required to fight the fear and saved your loved ones..

A sad loss at such a young age...am sure he would have turned out to be a great asset for humanity in such a world...

Be at peace now...

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Sad story! And I hate to throw the word hero around, but the kid went above and beyond what most people would have done. In fact I more or less agree with others in the thread about the fact that he went back in to get his disabled uncle when there were others around who may been more capable of doing that.

Unless I am missing something and they to were disabled or incapable. I do not think a 6 yr old would be able to do much for a disabled relative even if he got in the burning trailer. I mean the little dude - Tyler was 6 yrs old, it says he died by his uncle, so at least he got to him. But its not like a 6yr old is going to be dragging a full grown older man through a burring trailer and whatever else to safety, even if he wanted to and had the inclination. Physically he was not up to the challenge, and in fact most full grown men in full firefighters gear would probably have a hard time carrying a full grown adult out of that even if he was and old frail dissembled man who needed a wheelchair or crutches to get around.

Not to be judgmental on the others there, as I dont know the details, and who knows what was what actually happened and there is a shock value in such things were your mind just freezes, especially if you just woke up to that. But lets just say if I was that kids parents and found out the rest of the full bodied able adults were very capable, but just stood around twiddling there thumbs while he went back in, or did not even try to stop him, they would all likely and soon be ex-family members.

But again just drawing at straws there, because I would be pissed. In all, its likely that everybody was to out of it and to shocked to think on much, and the kid being the most alert probably instinctively just took off before anybody noticed him anyways. So I suppose I would retract the above statement as who really knows what went down, and in what position, and condition everybody was in. Sad story anyways.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Very Sad

But selfless courage

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Such heroic bravery Tyler no fear only Love. Be with GOD little one.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
A sad story. Sometimes some people have to die so that others can live. It is tragic that this child was so young, but everything happens for a reason. Jesus said "If you cling to your life you will lose it, if you lose your life for His sake you will gain eternal life." This boy is without a doubt a hero. Jesus Christ is the Hero of Heroes, and He is Risen! Victorious over death itself. If we deny ourselves, take up our cross and follow Him, we share in the hope of rising with Him. I pray that this boys family would receive comfort from Christ.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
What a unbelievable courage this young boy had.. so sad that just he had to die!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Reminds me of my 10 year old son , tough , brave and good common sense , My god this sucks A$$ for that little tike to have his life cut so short .

I couldnt watch the video , I just couldnt ! Im a grown man 34 and almot had tears dribbling down my cheek , so i had to turn it off.

One question I must ask , WHERE the # where the parents in this whole ordeal !

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

This boy is a true Martyr, rest in peace little fella.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I also don't understand how the adults, once safe, did not take control of the situation? Something else must've happened that we are not being told.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I'm sorry I read this thread really.

I wish I could have been there to save that little boy.

And to those who offer prayers I say ' save them'.

Events like these just confirm there is no God.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Rest in peace, this is one good person.
After he have saved the seventh person it was time for the transition. I am sure this beauty will ascend to a higher plane,

No doubt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join