It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe the Most Orwellian Text Message a Government's Ever Sent

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

They have more then one way of finding out who a phone belongs to.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This is why they are collecting your facial recognition on your state DL or ID card here. They don't even have to bother with tracking your phone or involving the phone company, they just film it and run a FR comparison to the nationally linked DMV database.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
here's a thought....get rid of your cell phone all-together, use a land line if you have to. how do you think people lived perfectly good lives before cellphones?...advantages....no GPS tracking, no annoying phone calls on outings, dates, fun times, concerts, maybe just sitting in a park and enjoying life around you. after a couple of weeks, you will notice a calmness slowly developing inside, a realization that you didn't like being THAT connected in the first place.
edit on 23-1-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I got a text message a couple days ago.

Got a DWI NYE, and am seeing my probation officer for the first time today.

The txt mesage was from a five digit number. As far as I know 4 and 5 digits come directly from ATT (my carrier) .

It said, "X. XXXXX, you have a meeting with your probation officer, XXXXX XXXXXXX, on Thursday at 315pm at XXXXX XXXXXXX"

As far as I can gather, this means my cell phone is cooperating with local government, minimum.

It was ever so slightly freaky, but also convenient. I can see the necessity because a lot of people on probation are... not so bright.

Still makes me wonder how else they may be in cahoots!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Or facebook, or google plus, or any of the other sites / government databases that pose as a 'social networking' sites.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I use twitter as the same. Very few tweets, mostly just watching what comes in. It was ironic really as JP Morgan had acquired a stake in Twitter beforehand and eventually bought an additional $5 billion in stock of the site. So basically, you had bank protesters using Twitter which was partially owned by one of the banks being protested. What could go wrong?

Oregon and California both had the amber alert tweet come and kidnappers tend to travel far and fast so they probably do them statewide. While another posted mentioned that cell phones can be hacked by inserting a local tower, when one is trying to send out a text message to an entire state, that little tower insertion is cumbersome. They just use the existing system to do it. I also seem to recall them setting up an improved emergency notification system in my state as well. I get landline based automated calls on occasion informing me of water issues in the area. I'd say that such uses are with the cell and phone companies' compliance--not the work of a hacker tool.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

GargIndia
There are many ways of showing political dissent or difference of opinion. The best way is forming a group or a charity and persuade more people to join you.

Nope, not a chance in hell. That's the best way to gather sympathy, get nice comments, draw media attention (15 minutes of it, anyway), and end up changing absolutely nothing. Revolutions don't happen with your ass in the living room. Period.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Those damn cellphone slavery will one day kill us all . I've heard today that some local tech stores are secretly using tracking software completely evading the law,just to track the behavior of their costumers on what they buy..???

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I get the feeling the NSA and the rest of the nuts are testing the technology over there in cooperation with the people in charge in the Ukraine, that's assuming they (our guys) aren't already.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
That must have been surreal.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Why are the people of Ukraine protesting? I just thought about the whole Bieber thing being a distraction for us since people in Kiev have been protesting for days now.

I found a bunch of pictures of the protest in imgur imgur.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevinquisitor

Great pictures - thank you for providing the link.
and can you BELIEVE it about Justin?!?! It was a set up! Sigh, my heart is broken. (Sarcasm here, btw).

I'd write more, but my IPad is running out of juice, and my son is playing a game on my IPhone.....

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join