It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe the Most Orwellian Text Message a Government's Ever Sent

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

St0rD

hopenotfeariswhatweneed

LightAssassin

St0rD
reply to post by Mamatus

put your dick out of this poor goat.

Sigh, this world.

Actually....I found this more disturbing.

it is seemingly more common than you would think.......google iraqi goat f#####....pick the 3rd link ...i would link the vid but something tells me that may just go against t&c's

There are some things that should be left unseen.

Really.

nobody forced you to look

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Haha.
I actually thought about it for a sec and then realized this was a pretty moron idea. If I want to have good sleep, that is.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
This, and much, much more is the sort of thing our current technology allows. When I walk out the front door, I assume from that point on I’m under surveillance by some watchful eye. And for all I know, I may be at home, as well.

I doubt that my daily behavior is being scrutinized very carefully, but I do believe the data is being collected should TPTB ever decide to use it. And that, in itself, is kind of a disturbing thing to consider, and is likely a sign of the times to come.

In a way I was reluctant to post to this thread, as I don’t want to get the rep around here as a purveyor of doom. I swear, in general I’m not a negative person who goes around preaching “the END IS NEAR”. I happen to love hi-tech and have worked in the computer industry as a system developer and analyst for quite some time. But, previously in a few threads here I’ve taken the position that we need to always keep in mind the double-edged sword that technological advances bring. For all the neat stuff people find fascinating about the new gadgets that keep popping up, there is also a dark side that can, and will, be exploited and used against us.

Technology is advancing rapidly, and is likely to continue at an accelerated rate for some time to come. We can’t stop it. As it does, the means to track us, analyze us and brand us will become more and more sophisticated and invasive. Before long I have a feeling we will no longer know a private moment. The script is already written, and as all good pets do we will simply accept it and obey.

I don’t like it, and I truly hope I’m wrong, but that’s just MHO. Now, I’m going to find a positive thread, if that’s possible on this site...

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

MonkeyMentat

Here is an interesting read by wired magazine, about the NSA and General Kieth Alexander more affectionately known as Alexander the Geek. www.wired.com...

That was one heck of a read, fascinating. Thanks for the link.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
nice job ukraine government! apparently, unlike the us government, you understand, that if your going to mes with the slaves you had better be ready to back it up! in your case I KNOW your ready to rock and roll and convert some organ warmers into organ donors! get down with yourself angry ukrainian monkeys! go ahead and demonstrate to the "West" why we're no different version of angry monkey than you guys are. after all, we ALL fell out of the same tree. i have a cell phone. its pay as you go. i put the battery in it when i NEED to use it. yeah. NSA and ECHELON and PREDATOR don't care what kind of cell phone you own! also, why do you think ghouls like yahoo and google ask you for your mobile number in the first place ? information warfare. if you own it, you win. if you don't you lose. Rock on NSA, how's the coffee and donuts this morning? keep up the good work folks! and keep your eyes on them sneaky russians ok ? !

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Why does this feel like the rise of the Soviet/Communistic/Neo Nazi government rearing it's ugly head again.

The real question is when are we going to send in the troop becayse we are great at building NATIONS.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Note to self: When planning to break the law in any way, shape or form; LEAVE THE CELL PHONE AT HOME!

So I guess this what people mean when then they say,
" If you're not"BREAK'N THE LAW", you have nothing to worry about"?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
so protesters will have to use burner phones and leave their real phone at home, solves nothing.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
the same as here... when you type some trigger word like "bomb" ot "terrorism" , you get automatically tracked... no need for a fake-outrage about other countries spying on their citizens via mobile phones... they learned it from us

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by Mamatus

At least get an extra throw away.

A throwaway is no good. First time you use it ... voice recognition ... then backtrace all of its previous locations.

Wrabbit2000
Oh God.... I'm SO thankful they didn't have this ability to use for this sort of thing during Occupy. They'd have scared half our camp clear out of the city, let alone off the protest line. lol....

The did. They've had this "ability" for YEARS. What you won't get out of them is if they were using it or not.

St0rD
your speed is too high, a police is on the way to give you a ticket.

More like: "You were speeding. An appropriate sum has been deducted from your bank account, points have been applied to your license, and your insurance company has been notified to raise your rates. Have a nice day!"

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

# yea!! couldnt have said it any better

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
They are protesting to join the EU, quite frankly, I would support the Ukrainian Government in doing anything to put down this Franco-German controlled rabble. Why aren't normal Ukrainians doing anything about these protestors? Don't they understand they rioting in favour of destroying anything and everything the Ukrainians hold dear?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
That is very Orwellian, to borrow a phrase - it is also highly dangerous for State, in that is generalising everyone in the area as a protester, so after all this dies down (if it does) and they go after these people, they could be putting a lot of "innocent" people in trouble who had nothing to do with demo's, which may end up only driving more people into dissent.

MonkeyMentat
Meta data: phone location, text data (sms), voice recordings, pictures, videos, etc.

I think you may be confused as to what Meta data is.. It is simply the phones "location" (to it's nearest mast) and the number from/to. It doesn't contain anything else you have listed there. The simple reason they don't collect all that data is that they cannot process it all, the amount of data for all text content, recording phone calls, capturing images is immense... One day though, one day...

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Biigs
so protesters will have to use burner phones and leave their real phone at home, solves nothing. [/quote

Sure, just make sure you pay cash for that phone, as I'm sure they can electronically link up the IMEI number to your bank card!

edit on 22-1-2014 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Think of the poor bastard who was randomly walking by to get a loaf of bread and got that text...."ah #...might as well join them now!"

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

That was one of my very first thoughts. This kind of tech is not good for anyone, cept the govt.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

You have a u2u in your inbox.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

stumason

MonkeyMentat
Meta data: phone location, text data (sms), voice recordings, pictures, videos, etc.

I think you may be confused as to what Meta data is.. It is simply the phones "location" (to it's nearest mast) and the number from/to. It doesn't contain anything else you have listed there. The simple reason they don't collect all that data is that they cannot process it all, the amount of data for all text content, recording phone calls, capturing images is immense... One day though, one day...

If you believe that is the only type of metadata that is collected you may want a little refresher, here is an example of meta data of a digital photograph, camera info (brand, model and settings), date photo was taken, location data if any, whether the photo was modified or an original, file type and size.

There are many types of meta data, using the OP's example, meta data is collected and stored, of your location, the device brand, serial number, provider, apps stored, Ip addresses of any Wifi hot spots used, contacts, and so on. Once that device has been identified to be at the location of a disturbance they can then go back and review all metadata related to that device and create a map of that devices entire life as well as all other devices currently and previously owned by that individual.

Metadata can actually reveal more about you than the actual content of your phone calls. The data points that are collected and stored in perpetuity are: call duration, call location, the number of both parties involved, time of the call, date of the call and other “unique identifiers.” Nowadays a private citizen can easily look up a number and find to whom it belongs. Don’t you think the NSA has a more effective listing system than the Yellow Pages that we have access to? Integrated together, the collected metadata forms a very rich and informative pattern of communication. The content or purpose of calls can easily be deduced. Truly, the metadata the NSA is collecting should cause far more concern than if the government was simply recording every single phone call “for quality assurance purposes.”

www.freedomworks.org...

Don't take my word for it, the alphabet agencies have been reluctantly forthcoming relieving the depth at which they have gone to mine data from the digital world, as well as their ever growing storage capacity. I posted a link on my last post about General Kieth Alexander head of the NSA, maybe you missed it but it's worth a read. Giving a glimpse of what they are capable of should they decide to wage cyber war on and enemy or ally. Check it out www.wired.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by Mamatus

For the life of me I cannot understand in this day of phone spying and cheap pay as you go phones why anyone even uses a phone that chained to their real name, etc. Can someone explain that to me? Is it just that people don't care?

At least get an extra throw away. C'mon people.

Are you saying the cheap pay as you go are better for privacy in this sense? Does anyone else know if that would be a solution? I recall having one of those phones and at least feeling like it was more private. But recently, a family member tried to buy one at Walmart and now - they have to register their information! Would be great to have an untrackable phone just for emergencies. But I think the age of extra cheapy phones is coming to an end unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Soon The American Government Multi Billion dollar Mainframe will do the the Same

Laying with the Sheep The Sleepers Wolves will Soon Awake ...

We will be chipped ..

we are already tagged!

We will see a Complete Shut Down

and Hopefully Google will Defend

but in reality there are also part of the Game ... a Rothschild kind of Way Fighting n Funding both Battles

Meanwhile the Media is Playing Their Roll.. in the Game...

(Note this is a Real Card from Fox News )

But what Most Dont Realize is this Game has been going on for a Long long Time
Fascism...

All Road Leads to Rome..

In 1995 Predictions of Future Events all orchestrated by TPTB was Exposed..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join