It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I read today that Scientist believe the fuel in reactor 3 has melted down into the groundwater..

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by wishes

I still think that People in doubt develop a Initiative because
"they want to know it"!

That stupid Enenews do not correct their Posting is logical :p

Here:

The figure in this document has been replaced to address some inquiries we received. The original picture, taken from public source, was merely meant to illustrate how the groundwater flows from the mountain side under the crippled power plant and into the ocean. The depth of the core was not in scale. Although it was not our intention, we acknowledge and regret that it caused some misunderstanding. - January 21, 2014

Swiss Office

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by wishes

If you were able to look at the picture it shows the wind movements which definitely travel from Japan to North America coastline (and beyond to Alaska, etc.) and yeah, the colors are the temperatures.

since the above does NOTHING to enhance the conversation, let me be clear, ok ?

the pic posted to this thread (without a link) is insufficient for the claim made.
the link posted later (in this thread) is inaccessible to me and any others with older systems.

if you have link that can be accessed by all, please share.
if you don't, please move along as the pic posted is worthless to the conversation at hand.

and lastly,

was merely meant to illustrate how the groundwater flows from the mountain side under the crippled power plant and into the ocean

please keep in mind that while the groundwater flows under and through the pollution at the crippled plant, that is merely in ADDITION to the millions of gallons per day being introduced to continue cooling the crippled plants.

and just cause i'm curious, what do 'wind patterns' have to do with irradiated waters anyway ??

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
double post
edit on 23-1-2014 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Map of Prevailing Winds

Central and northern Japan have prevailing westerly winds. Yes, those winds can blow radioactive material from Fukushima to the West Coast, just like they have blown air pollution from China to California.
edit on 23-1-2014 by jrod because: cleanup0

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Honor93
reply to post by wishes

If you were able to look at the picture it shows the wind movements which definitely travel from Japan to North America coastline (and beyond to Alaska, etc.) and yeah, the colors are the temperatures.

the pic posted to this thread (without a link) is insufficient for the claim made.
the link posted later (in this thread) is inaccessible to me and any others with older systems.

if you don't, please move along as the pic posted is worthless to the conversation at hand.

and lastly,

was merely meant to illustrate how the groundwater flows from the mountain side under the crippled power plant and into the ocean

please keep in mind that while the groundwater flows under and through the pollution at the crippled plant, that is merely in ADDITION to the millions of gallons per day being introduced to continue cooling the crippled plants.

and just cause i'm curious, what do 'wind patterns' have to do with irradiated waters anyway ??

You didn't look a few posts down I put the link up, I had forgotten it so sorry.. [SNIP]

I was responding to the person a few pages back that said the wind carried the stuff over to California, when it clearly does not. The gyre prevents that (What at sea level is the Great pacific Garbage Patch)
edit on 1/23/2014 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Personal Attacks

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Honor93
reply to post by vkey08

hmmmm, access to that site demands a browser upgrade this old system can't handle. any chance there is something that all of us can review ?

in the pic you posted, it is described as "surface temps" not wind patterns which change, daily.

Not my fault that you cannot handle the browser update, it's a simple little applet that one of the schools puts out, It's useful to see where the wind is flowing, the wind patterns come off of california and meet int he middle of the Pacific, Around the same spot as the Great Pacific Garbage Patch coincidentally.

THAT is where I would expect to see a concentration of radiation.. there hasn't been yet that anyone has found, or at least I have not been able to find any reference to the Garbage Patch suddenly becoming irradiated...

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Honor93
reply to post by wishes

and lastly,

Excuse me for trying to help out and explain what I saw in what was posted since you weren't able to. How about you move along since you're not enhancing the conversation instead of being rude. I did not make the last quote you posted about groundwater. I don't know where it comes from.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

wishes

Honor93
reply to post by vkey08

hmmmm, access to that site demands a browser upgrade this old system can't handle. any chance there is something that all of us can review ?

in the pic you posted, it is described as "surface temps" not wind patterns which change, daily.

edit on 23-1-2014 by wishes because: (no reason given)

No Wishes it shows that the winds come OFF of California and Meet the Western winds form Japan in the MIDDLE (well over a little form that) of the Pacific and Never hit the West Coast as the prevailing winds off of California/Oregon/Washington are of an Easterly nature normally. I shouldn't have to explain this to everyone this is basic weather pattern stuff, seen for years and years and years.. Why is this such a new thing because some site claims it is without verifiable proof?

This is my biggest problem with the whole Fuki thing.

PEOPLE ARE READING EVERYTHING AND NOT REALLY RESEARCHING, they believe it all when it comes off of Natural News or Arnie Gunderson.. It's like logic, reason and normality have gone out the window..

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

vkey08

I was responding to the person a few pages back that said the wind carried the stuff over to California, when it clearly does not. The gyre prevents that (What at sea level is the Great pacific Garbage Patch)

Not true. The gyre is dealing with ocean currents not winds, and the ocean currents off Japan have and will continue to bring debris from the tsunami to the west coast of America. However a lot of that debris will end up in the gyre. Prevailing Ocean Currents

Keep checking the current winds map(the one you posted), in about a week the low pressure north of Hawaii(the counterclockwise loop) will make it to the West Coast and bring in west winds behind it.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Human0815
reply to post by wishes

"they want to know it"!

Here:

The figure in this document has been replaced to address some inquiries we received. The original picture, taken from public source, was merely meant to illustrate how the groundwater flows from the mountain side under the crippled power plant and into the ocean. The depth of the core was not in scale. Although it was not our intention, we acknowledge and regret that it caused some misunderstanding. - January 21, 2014

Swiss Office

No one has mentioned Enenews but you.
Thank you for at least now providing a link - I looked at the report but do not see what is in it that confirms there is no meltdown. It also fails to discuss plutonium and lead (like many reports don't) that are also unleashed along with the cesium.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

vkey08

No Wishes it shows that the winds come OFF of California and Meet the Western winds form Japan in the MIDDLE (well over a little form that) of the Pacific and Never hit the West Coast as the prevailing winds off of California/Oregon/Washington are of an Easterly nature normally. I shouldn't have to explain this to everyone this is basic weather pattern stuff, seen for years and years and years.. Why is this such a new thing because some site claims it is without verifiable proof?

This is my biggest problem with the whole Fuki thing.

PEOPLE ARE READING EVERYTHING AND NOT REALLY RESEARCHING, they believe it all when it comes off of Natural News or Arnie Gunderson.. It's like logic, reason and normality have gone out the window..

Again not true. California, Oregon, and Washington all have prevailing westerly winds based on their latitude. I've posted links that prove this. I've studied meteorology in college, studied wave models, and have a bit of sea-time. I'm not just some Joe posting what I believe to be true on this thread.

Check out the links I've provided in my earlier posts.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Wind map might help, explore, learn and get information.

wind map

Have a careful look at different elevations...

edit on 23-1-2014 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

wishes

Human0815
reply to post by wishes

"they want to know it"!

Here:

Swiss Office

No one has mentioned Enenews but you.
Thank you for at least now providing a link - I looked at the report but do not see what is in it that confirms there is no meltdown. It also fails to discuss plutonium and lead (like many reports don't) that are also unleashed along with the cesium.

???

I think you are strange, more than strange!

The Op is sourced via stupid Enenews,
the Melt-Down is a known Fact
and Plutonium and Lead is not the Topic here,
you liked to say it "Offtopic"

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
WOW! People get down right cranky when there is a catastrophe that starts an infinite chain of unimaginable events.

We have no way of knowing what will happen next, or how it will effect us. We only know what the possibilities are and that everything being hunky dory isn't one of them. We know there is no way to undo this. There Is no way to unmake the nuclear power plants either. Oddly enough, even though people know how dangerous they are, the thought of living without electricity is more terrifying. So the nuclear power plants stay. Change is scary. TPTB don't want to admit anything is wrong with the current system because they would be held liable. Stick your head in the sand. In a few years you will forget everything and life will go on. Till it doesn't.

The only thing that gives me comfort is knowing how well nature is surviving in Chernobyl. Man kind was more destructive than the radiation.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

(post by Honor93 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

***ATTENTION***

The insulting remarks, off-topic banter and rudeness will stop now.

Any other violations, will result in a posting ban and a subsequent review of your account by staff.

Discuss the topic, not each other.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Enenews you say?

Nobody actually knows who runs enenews. A domain registration lookup shows its private registration with the mysteriously named DomainSecrecy.net. A ping of the domain shows the address of 98.158.182.89, which traces back to the internet domain host provider UK2 Group, which is located in Providence, Utah.

It is a mysterious site, indeed, with no About page, no mention of its authors, contact info, or its sources of funding, despite 144 posts since its inception on March 18, 2011.

What we do see, however, are scary headlines citing mass media sources, with added editorial.

For instance, the March 29 headline, Radioactive Iodine-131 in Pennsylvania rainwater sample is 3300% above federal drinking water standard.

3300% higher is 33 times higher, but 3300% sounds a lot scarier. The headline also draws a word association between rainwater and drinking water, despite going on to mention the mass media source that says a 3300% higher amount of radioactive iodine in rainwater samples is still 25 times less than would be of concern. Also, nowhere does the article mention that the half-life of radioactive iodine is eight days.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join