It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I read today that Scientist believe the fuel in reactor 3 has melted down into the groundwater..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

kdyam

F4Driver
reply to post by NewsWorthy

Confirming that yes unit 1,2 & 3 all have breached the bottom of their containment and have entered the underground water flow which is carrying the radiation into the Pacific ocean.
Current flow has brought debris and radiation to Alaska, Washington, Oregon and California shores and have been detected as radiation reading have rose substantially.
It is turning into OUR mess now.

Can you provide a source for that? I have family that lives on the coast and they bought a gieger counter about a year ago. They also fish for tuna, salmon, sea bass and crab. Truth is that no "debris has come to the coast, nor have radiation levels risen at all. The tuna still test the same as they did 5 years ago, they have less radiation than a banana.

Yes.. Fukushima is a shame. It never should have happened... Chernobyl never should have happened.... all mishaps at nuclear power plants everywhere "never should have happened" but they did. From everything I have read and researched Fukushima is not going to affect the west coast at all, it hasn't yet and unless #4 goes then is most likely never will. Hell it hasnt even affected the area outside of the protected area...yet... it could, but it hasn't, only time will tell how Japan will fare in this.

No one is ever going to be happy with how we produce energy. They will say things like "coal fueled power power plants contribute to global warming", "oil and gas contribute to global warming" "nuclear power is unsafe and is going to kill everyone", "water powered turbines are dangerous to fish and can cause stagnation and dead areas in rivers", "wind powered energy mills kill birds". Its always the same there is a problem with every type of energy. Solar is bad also because of the massive amounts of petroleum and energy it takes to make the cells and the storage facilities.

So if you are unhappy with how energy is created the solution is easy.. shut up... quit bitching and stop using it. We are all responsible for the problems our power plants have as we are the ones who want to use the energy.....no demand=no supply easy solution to all the pansies and bleeding hearts who think that their ideas and opinions mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

Ok, sorry to inform you but lots of debris from Japan HAS CAME ASHORE ALREADY UP/DOWN THE WEST COAST. A dock washed ashore in Oregon 2years ago, a sea crate containing a Harley Davidson washed ashore 2years ago, an many other things since then. We have crews that walk the beaches cleaning this stuff up and they immediately destroy anything that comes ashore because of invasive species that attach to whatever items make the journey. It's old news so news stations don't report it an to tptb it's better left out of the public eye... My doctor has told me/family that radiation sickness is happening but they aren't allowed to talk about it because there's nothing to be done. I'm on my phone or I'd link a map showing the radiation plume immediately following the disaster an SURPRISE it was here in Cali within a few weeks/months.
You can google the maps an while your at it google the aircraft carrier that was stationed off Japan that was so radiated that Japan won't even let them Dock for resupplying/medical treatment for our soldiers. The entire crew was drinking/bathing in Contaminated water an are now dying painfully.
edit on 21-1-2014 by NewsWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

NewsWorthy

kdyam

F4Driver

Confirming that yes unit 1,2 & 3 all have breached the bottom of their containment and have entered the underground water flow which is carrying the radiation into the Pacific ocean.
Current flow has brought debris and radiation to Alaska, Washington, Oregon and California shores and have been detected as radiation reading have rose substantially.

Can you provide a source for that? I have family that lives on the coast and they bought a gieger counter about a year ago. They also fish for tuna, salmon, sea bass and crab. Truth is that no "debris has come to the coast, nor have radiation levels risen at all. The tuna still test the same as they did 5 years ago, they have less radiation than a banana.

Yes.. Fukushima is a shame. It never should have happened... Chernobyl never should have happened.... all mishaps at nuclear power plants everywhere "never should have happened" but they did. From everything I have read and researched Fukushima is not going to affect the west coast at all, it hasn't yet and unless #4 goes then is most likely never will. Hell it hasnt even affected the area outside of the protected area...yet... it could, but it hasn't, only time will tell how Japan will fare in this.

No one is ever going to be happy with how we produce energy. They will say things like "coal fueled power power plants contribute to global warming", "oil and gas contribute to global warming" "nuclear power is unsafe and is going to kill everyone", "water powered turbines are dangerous to fish and can cause stagnation and dead areas in rivers", "wind powered energy mills kill birds". Its always the same there is a problem with every type of energy. Solar is bad also because of the massive amounts of petroleum and energy it takes to make the cells and the storage facilities.

So if you are unhappy with how energy is created the solution is easy.. shut up... quit bitching and stop using it. We are all responsible for the problems our power plants have as we are the ones who want to use the energy.....no demand=no supply easy solution to all the pansies and bleeding hearts who think that their ideas and opinions mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

Ok, sorry to inform you but lots of debris from Japan HAS CAME ASHORE ALREADY UP/DOWN THE WEST COAST. A dock washed ashore in Oregon 2years ago, a sea crate containing a Harley Davidson washed ashore 2years ago, an many other things since then. We have crews that walk the beaches cleaning this stuff up and they immediately destroy anything that comes ashore because of invasive species that attach to whatever items make the journey. It's old news so news stations don't report it an to tptb it's better left out of the public eye... My doctor has told me/family that radiation sickness is happening but they aren't allowed to talk about it because there's nothing to be done. I'm on my phone or I'd link a map showing the radiation plume immediately following the disaster an SURPRISE it was here in Cali within a few weeks/months.
You can google the maps an while your at it google the aircraft carrier that was stationed off Japan that was so radiated that Japan won't even let them Dock for resupplying/medical treatment for our soldiers. The entire crew was drinking/bathing in Contaminated water an are now dying painfully.

I am aware of the actual tsunami debris that washed ashore, you spun it like it was the radioactive debris and it wasn't. As far as the aircraft carrier.. I am unaware of that, it sounds like BS. We are talking about radiation not "invasive species" as far as the debris you mentioned... there hasnt been any radioactive "debris" that has washed ashore. I live in Oregon and knew about the dock... big deal... # washes ashore all of the time from other countries without the help from earthquakes or tsunami's. It has no basis on the discussion on this forum... which is about Fukushima... when a spent fuel rod a fuel tank washes ashore then I will give you some credit.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Japan won't let the RR into port not because it was irradiated sheesh.. it's because Japan won't allow a Nuclear Powered Aircraft carrier to dock where they wanted to..... It's agains tsome port rule or something, was before Fuki and is after Fuki.. Get thy facts straight, and not from ELENews which just regurgitates NaturalNews doggiepoo

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

vkey08

UxoriousMagnus

NewsWorthy

UxoriousMagnus

why isn't the entire planet working to get this under control!!?

also.....why aren't we actively decom-ing all nuke sites on the planet? I know GE would lose a fortune but do we care about that?

The new clean burn coal plants are amazingly clean and efficient and yet the Obama admin is shutting them down....no, this isn't about Obama.....I'm sure any president would do the same because they are being told to.

I just don't understand why we (the people of earth) and the environment has to pay for corporate greed. Everyone is wrapped up in this whole global warming or....sorry....global climate change hoax when the real issues to the environment and human health is the aging nuke plant fleet.

Our elected officials and government agencies really have betrayed our trust as far as the nuke plants go.....

I have become death....

Love the Oppenheimer reference....
As far as why we let it happen as people of the same planet..... I'd have to say it's my belief the majority of the world doesn't even know the dangers since nobody will cover it on the news.

I agree....because GE owns large portions of most of the news outlets....you make a good point there

Please show me what news outlets GE owns as of 2014? I can almost guarantee you the answer will shock you, it's ZERO..

Comcast Corp bought ALL of NBC Universal, all of it means just that, ALL OF IT, GE no longer has an interest..
Sorry had to burst that bubble, it's a bit of lie that's been going around because of GE having HAD owned NBC in the past..

ok there buddy.....calm yourself down.....everyone knows that after 30 years of controlling a large portion of the media....that GE sold out to it business partner and friend Comcast.

And you think that all the relationships and the 18 billion dollars doesn't give them a bit of "friendly" coverage still....a whole year later.....how about ten years from now.....GE wouldn't sell off something so valuable and something that could be turned against them unless they had assurances.

These guys are all golfing buddies.....they still "own" much of the media through their relationships.....

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

buddy? one: girl, not guy thanks...

two: Comcast does NOT like GE at all, in fact they really are doing their best to sweep away the last vestiges of the GE clusterwhatever that General Electric left behind. Yes it takes time, but GE does not own any large media outlets anymore, so to say they do or that they are influencing what is on is bullpoop, nothing more and nothing less.

Comcast even went on record as calling GE's administration of NBC, a "Dismal Failure in all aspects from news to entertainment"

Doesn't sound real friendly to me now does it...

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

kdyam

NewsWorthy

kdyam

F4Driver

I am aware of the actual tsunami debris that washed ashore, you spun it like it was the radioactive debris and it wasn't. As far as the aircraft carrier.. I am unaware of that, it sounds like BS. We are talking about radiation not "invasive species" as far as the debris you mentioned... there hasnt been any radioactive "debris" that has washed ashore. I live in Oregon and knew about the dock... big deal... # washes ashore all of the time from other countries without the help from earthquakes or tsunami's. It has no basis on the discussion on this forum... which is about Fukushima... when a spent fuel rod a fuel tank washes ashore then I will give you some credit.

I didn't spin anything.. Read your statement again, you said NO DEBRIS has washed ashore, I stated DEBRIS HAS WASHED ASHORE which obviously we both know has.
As far as radiated stuff washing ashore that's just a matter of time because of all the contaminant they are washing into the ocean will eventually reach garbage island an that stuff will be radiated and will eventually wash ashore. I never said radiated items have been found/Confirmed but there is without a doubt a radiation plume from Fukushima that has hit the entire US which is what my doctor has confirmed privately is causing minor sickness.
As far as a spent fuel rod ever washing ashore that's never going to happen the plant/sea wall prevented the wash out of debris like that. Obviously the radiation they are washing into the ocean is gonna work its way up the food chain and eventually work it's way here.
The first part you quoted about radiated items washing ashore raising levels wasn't my statement. That was someone else's remark.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

vkey08

Japan won't let the RR into port not because it was irradiated sheesh.. it's because Japan won't allow a Nuclear Powered Aircraft carrier to dock where they wanted to..... It's agains tsome port rule or something, was before Fuki and is after Fuki.. Get thy facts straight, and not from ELENews which just regurgitates NaturalNews doggiepoo

Ok, I understand people don't like ENENews, truthfully I recently (like 2months ago) learned the site even existed. Weather or not they can completely be trusted, hell lol I don't trust anything. BUT they have been posting stuff first that later gets confirmed so ima keep reading their articles. As far as them not letting them dock because of port rules I've never heard that but it is plausible. Unfortunately I have read in different medias that the crew is suffering/dying from the uptake of contaminated water and from being directly in the radiation plume after the first explosions. So there are many sources saying that this event actually is happening.
Whether or not they didn't let them dock for help/decontamination because of port rules or other reasons is up for personal judgement at this point. I personally feel if our guys/girls are over there to help them an protect them from invasion. Then they shouldn't be allowed to bar emergency access, especially if it's a result of being there to help them in the first place... It just sets a bad precedent for possible future cooperation in my mind.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Re you talking about the stuff int eh Great Pacific Garbage Patch? That stuff never washes ashore here in the states, hence the name, Great Pacific Garbage patch, it's a gyre where currents form both coasts converge and kinda just plop the stuff.. rather fascinating, there's one in the Atlantic as well.. but stuff that ends up in the gyres doesn't wash ashore ever again, unless it's carried by an animal..

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SleepyOwl

What animals are dying? This hasn't affected anything more than a few miles offshore. Source your claims.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Your doctor is a liar more than likely feeding on your paranoia for money. No radiation from Fukushima has reached the USA, including Alaska and Canada.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by raymundoko

I'm sorry, my comment was more bout how radiation and waste products in the ocean are generally a bad thing because it has the potential to seriously affect the ecosystem which will only add to the mass die offs that are already happening. So my comments about mass die offs were to further emphasize how bad our oceans already are without the help of nuclear waste. I'm sorry if I did a terrible job at explaining myself and made the two seem related. However, as far as I'm concerned, whether animals and their ecosystems are dying OR just being damaged on land or 10 feet from the coast, it's still bad. Nevertheless, here are a few sources in regards to mass die offs. A lot of them seem to think the ocean's increasing acidity is (directly and indirectly) one of the causes and it's worth mentioning that waste products from places like Fukushima are one of the things that cause it. If you need a source for that statement too, I'll find one.

www.scientificamerican.com...

These links highlight some animals that are dying in large numbers.

www.fishfaqs.net...

e360.yale.edu...

www.nytimes.com...

edit on 22-1-2014 by SleepyOwl because: More info

edit on 22-1-2014 by SleepyOwl because: Broken links

edit on 22-1-2014 by SleepyOwl because: Links

edit on 22-1-2014 by SleepyOwl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

vkey08

two: Comcast does NOT like GE at all, in fact they really are doing their best to sweep away the last vestiges of the GE clusterwhatever that General Electric left behind. Yes it takes time, but GE does not own any large media outlets anymore, so to say they do or that they are influencing what is on is bullpoop, nothing more and nothing less.

Comcast even went on record as calling GE's administration of NBC, a "Dismal Failure in all aspects from news to entertainment"

uh.....buddy means friend....not guy. You must have been hearing "dude" in your head when you ready "buddy".....but whatever.

so you are telling me that you don't think GE has any pull what so ever in the media package they just sold? Ok....fair enough.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

kdyam

F4Driver

I find the last paragraph of your post very abrasive. Why the hostility toward people who are trying to make the world you live in a better place by advocating for the environment? I'm sure a lot of people, including myself, who are preaching about our energy sources are in fact doing things to cut back on the consumption of them. My carbon footprint is considerably lower than the average American and I drive less than 4000 miles a year. However, I'm also a realist. I live in a small town in the Appalachian mountains with a population of about 3000 people. The closest place with a population of more than 10,000 is probably about 2 hours away in all directions. Therefore, I cannot completely give up these energies as they are the only options I have. So why do we need to stop talking about it? For me, talking about is equally as important as cutting back because it has the power to reach people. What would the world be like if people didn't voice their concerns? IMHO it would be a terrible place. A lot of the issues that we have managed to overcome in the past owe a considerable amount to the power of speech.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SleepyOwl

Science fiction:
Media reports blame Fukushima for instigating Starfish Wasting Syndrome,
though scientists identified the disease 14 years ago
in both Atlantic and Pacific waters and find no link with radiation

Radiationeffects

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I used to advocate for the environment, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

UxoriousMagnus
so you are telling me that you don't think GE has any pull what so ever in the media package they just sold? Ok....fair enough.

Im right with you in this one. Its hard to believe they just sold a huge media package, because they felt like it.
Thats just doesnt happen in the real world, people are not that stupid.

(post by Silicis n Volvo removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

vkey08

uh.....buddy means friend....not guy. You must have been hearing "dude" in your head when you ready "buddy".....but whatever.

GE had no choice but to sell, if yo uwatch the progression of the deal, Comcast basicly said sell or we take by force. Same thing they did to Seagrams/Philips to get the Universal side.. Notice, ten years after the demise of PolyGram, the name is not even used anymore, Comcast does not allow ex-comapaines to have any say in what goes on their new meganetwork.

Bottom line, if it behooved Comcast to bum rush GE, they would..

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Pretty sad that just to get the right intel, I have to become a nuclear physicist.
Only to find out, now that I am an nuclear physicist. We're all gonna die horrible
deaths and I wasted my time researching Fukushima. Because the place I thought
I could depend on ATS, for information on the subject. Had suddenly become a
ping pong game to infinity. So it looks like no matter what the truth is?
Doesn't matter.

.Fukushima done got my ass.

edit on 22-1-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

raymundoko

Your doctor is a liar more than likely feeding on your paranoia for money. No radiation from Fukushima has reached the USA, including Alaska and Canada.

" No radiation from Fukushima has reached the USA, including Alaska and Canada. "

That's a false statement........ extrememly low levels of radiation have been detected

If you would like to provide sources that can prove NO radiation has reached the USA,,, I'd like to see it.

I bet the kelp study currently being conducted up and down the California coast will put disinformation (since your profile states you are a disinfo agent) like this to rest once and for all.

edit on 22-1-2014 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2014 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join