It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Picture?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

i use the term "woo-woo" only as reference to what the bullies like to say. i would never say such a thing. i fully acknowledge the essential mysteries of existence.

not long ago, i wrote a thread about the idea that the planck-length can be reassigned to action distances more relevant to human scale. doing so does not break any rules... but it does piss some people off. it also has the desirable effect of placing quantum theory into a context which is perfectly understandable to anyone at all.

the only reason i EVER quote the dogma is in order to prove it wrong.... not as an attempt to prove its legitimacy to you. to form a rational argument you must first understand the dogma and how it came to be the way that it is.

A Quantum Theory for the Rest of Us
(apologies. i do not normally pimp my threads.)

thanks for listening to me ramble on, friend.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

There's no need for an "authority" or for things to be working "together".

If things werent following a set of rules and working together how could our world even be conceivable?

Everything is for sure following a set of rules how the hell else could all of what we have to observe in the universe be observeable?

Its not a coincidence that everything happens to just accidently fall into its place enabling everything else to fall into place.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Ok, but in physics, not metaphysics, we have authority enabling existance in many different forms all over on micro and macro cosmic scales, heres an example...

Without the sun life on earth couldn't exist. This is because the enables existance on earth with many different enabling factors. Light heat, gravity, radiation exct exct

Thats just one example but there is so many its rediculous. As a matter of fact, everything literally enables everything to work together and i don't many examples of things that in fact dont require authority from everything else interacting with it in order to maintain.

edit on 20141America/ChicagoquAmerica/Chicago0531012014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

onequestion

If things werent following a set of rules and working together how could our world even be conceivable?

You're not getting it. Look out in the universe. Stars implode, intergalactic black-holes suck up massive objects as they zip across. On how many stars do not homo sapiens inhabit. Why are they not observing from that planet which doesn't inhabit humans? You see? More scenarios, then the ones which seem to be perfectly "ordered".

We look out and choose to impose order. We make vibrations at each other through the pushing out of air from our lungs, and mouth. We attach meaning onto this, and agree on an order out of what was once observed as chaos. The chaos didn't go away, we just choose to relate the chaos into a pattern that can be used to our benefit. We choose to rule each other. The universe could be perceived to be following it's own static set of rules, though I even question that. It seems everything is simply in flow, dynamic, and only within a limited context to be measured using static terms. Hence, the use of QM to attempt and go beyond this limited context. There is no need for any of this to be "working together". It's simply as it is.

Everything is for sure following a set of rules how the hell else could all of what we have to observe in the universe be observeable?

Its not a coincidence that everything happens to just accidently fall into its place enabling everything else to fall into place.

Life is a paradox. No simple answer suffices. That we don't know, scares us pooless, and causes many people to impose their own beliefs and meaning onto it.

Why the need for "coincidence" ? Are you thinking this is the only universe there is, or the only way life could evolve? Why not a big bang, and collapse many times within the same universe, and only after billions of cycles, intelligent life arises by mere chance alone?

These notions you speak of arise out of a mind that is still attached to the many limitations our bodies have, relative to space and time. We can't hold all of the physical universes complexities in mind at once. We can't physically observe it in any detail in it's entirety at once. We can't imagine all the possible scenarios which can unfold from galaxy to galaxy. We couldn't know of existence without existing. Basically, we can't grasp infinity without letting go of being a human being.

So the way you're trying to seek order, is very rational, and very human, but not to be confused with any kind of will or inherent order within the cosmos itself. We observe after the fact, and work within the context which may be perceived from all the fluctuations in energy being displayed.

Basically, ultimate knowledge is outside of the human experience.

[Disclosure] I'm operating within multiple perspectives from post to post, in an attempt to satisfy my own curiousities and evoke adequate responses from other members. My apologies for being such a "bully". I'll bow out of the thread for 24 hours minimum. Please feel free to join in with any ideas you may have. Sorry! [/Disclosure]

Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.
---Walt Whitman

edit on 20-1-2014 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
"The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper."
- Eden Phillpotts

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Hmmm. Im trying to grasp what your saying here but judging by the beginning of your post it seems like your suggesting a completely random and chaotic, formless universe?

It just seems like at least in our own galaxy everything is following a certain order and that order is reflective of our ability to exist.

To me there is much more to be seen there then chaos.

No need to bow out.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Tasty compilation. I have to ponder, get back to you on it. But I'm smiling.

F&S&

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

onequestion

imagine a very long time ago. atoms and chemicals formed in various combinations. billions and zillions of times by chance. an zilch. then 1 of the combinations had something - by chance - ZING - here we are.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

How do atoms exist in nothingness?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

The same way banks do....they create a sort of debt

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

by a random happening. after zillions of 'years' of failing to exist then a chance occurence...

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDualityExperience

So, it exist as a negetive quantity first?

So atoms are like money...

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

What was the failing and what did the failing exist within?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

the failing was when there were no atoms. it existed in the 'space' we now occupy. an anomaly. a mere blip in the 'lifespan' of this 'space'.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

onequestion

So, it exist as a negetive quantity first?

So atoms are like money...

Hard to explain but I will give you a simple analogy that you should be able to have fun with.
How can you express something like 0, something without any value? The answer is so simple. 0 can be expressed as having a value that can be objectified simply as (-1+1) Now it has no value but it can be expressed still.
That is just thinking a little outside the box. Weather the minus or the plus is put first in the expression is irrelevant but since we are observing as awareness and consider that we came from nothing, I can only surmise that we are the effect (1) not the cause (-1, that we cannot observe). But who knows really its a big paradox
edit on 20-1-2014 by TheDualityExperience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

But in the universe does naturally occuring stasis exist?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

If you are asking me? Then I have experienced a complete "void" with my full awareness, so my answer is that it exists somewhere. That is about all I can offer you, the rest I do not even know

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
to me it's all just yin and yang.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
It is as if people are seeking for what lies between the pen and the notepad. A complete created "objective form" of everything and nothing in stasis waiting to be applied by consciousness

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

And there is something between the pen and pad. But what happens when we do apply it to consciousness? Would it truly be good to be able to observe everything?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join