It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Picture?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Bassago
Initially my thoughts on this were no, probably not. That said, it's possible that even if this global awareness takes place we would not be aware of it anyway as individuals any more than the cell of a body is aware of the complete totality of how a human being is aware of themselves.

Thank you for your input.

Yet,

Here we are contemplating it.

No?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Okay, back on topic. I think all of these "scientists" are speculating FAR beyond what the experiments are even remotely proving.

I mean, take the double slit experiment. Fools have bought into a ton of nonsense relating to it for years!

It has nothing to do with an observer collapsing a wave function. It has to do with the instrument used to measure the wave, exerting energy, and pushing it into one slit instead of two. The wave would otherwise flow back and forth, and since the frequency isn't exactly aligned with the distance, would seemingly randomly go through either slit. You put an instrument which interferes with the wave in it's place, and it will of course become more easily channeled into one slit.

Bizarre assumptions were made that had no sense to them. Many physicists rolled with them for no good reason.

Same basic thing right here. Either the scientists are rolling with bizarre assumptions, else the threads are speculating far outside what the experiments and researchers are showing.

There's a lot of amazing phenomena going on out there, and we are of course awed and in a high state of curiosity. I got no qualm with that. What I have issue with is people dumbing the science, and latching onto delusions just to satisfy their need to attempt and transcend their puny little ego's death.

Sorry, 100 billion have come before you and passed. You're not so special. The same will become of you. Not only death. Pure oblivion. One day nobody will know you ever existed. So what? Enjoy what moments you have right now.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Initially my thoughts on this were no, probably not. That said, it's possible that even if this global awareness takes place we would not be aware of it anyway as individuals any more than the cell of a body is aware of the complete totality of how a human being is aware of themselves.

Maybe the total awareness comes like this...

As you experience total awareness and really begin to start connecting the dots, for some reason it seems like more and more people around you are connecting the dots as well. Interesting observation correct?

Stay with me here...

Now, over time, yes time, you begin to notice that your level of awareness is continually expanding and becoming more and more connected with the cosmic force/ god consciousness. Once you become aware of this you start to notice that more and more people are starting to see the same thing. Kinda weird huh?

Based on the two former observations you begin to notice that as your level of awareness and understanding increases, the worlds level of awareness and understanding increases. Now ask yourself, what COULD that mean? Lets hypothesize...

What if this world is the begin stages of some sort of heaven place, a Shambala for example, and in this world you are given the options of death and life. Now, by choosing life you begin to establish a faith, a trust in yourself and some sort of godhead entity. Now as you TRULY establish this faith form unstanding you manifest into your paradigm, self universe a universe of understanding where the rest of the world is no longer seperate from yourself but one unique spirit consciousness thats neither individual nor seperate.

Tough idea to wrap my head around and explain but i think you can get the jist of it out of that. Its not easy to explain how to manifest a "kingdom of god" into your life through self awareness and faith.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I have observed so much on ATS in the years I have been here, but what I have discovered on ATS and something I am truly grateful for is seeing myself, seeing how I see the world, how I react to it, project into it .

We only need to go back and read our posts, threads, and conversations with others to see how and what we are. It has humbled me out so many times, made me rethink who I am and what I need to accomplish, or what I need to stop doing.

We love mental masturbation, it seems to entrap us, lead us to question absolutely everything, everyone, and leads it's way to self-doubt instead of self-empowerment. I'm guilty as charged.

Also topics like this meaning related to metaphysics, or something quantum would have received very little attention because people were not ready to question their own beliefs, but today I see ATS members and many people searching hard.

Some of these people are in a state of severe depression, some are categorized as mentally ill, some are angry, some confused and the list goes on, but what they all have in common is that they are searching for themselves something they feel they have lost.

In our current world and maze of dogmatic beliefs it's not hard to get lost, and imo it's ok too.

Does anyone remember as a child the first time they truly got lost?

Most likely it scared the absolute crap out of them, or maybe paralyzed the person emotionally, but it was only a short blip in one's lifetime experiences and they eventually found their way.

Being lost and searching seems to be a part of our existence here on earth, it's what we seem to project, but what if the next time you feel lost and projected a different feeling. Maybe the next time you feel lost, scared, or dis-empowered you project gratitude, love, happiness and kept doing this each time, eventually those old feelings would stop.

Really what is the world?

The world, our world is how we see it, but if we project and change the mental mind loops that constantly plague us then the external world will change.

This is where I believe that metaphysics, and quantum studies are very important to bridges a huge gap.

Peace out,

RT

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

Whats matters enabling factor?

Dont say gravity or electromagnetism either unless you can tell me whats the enabling factor for either of the two.

I highly doubt its electricity or light because ill ask you the same thing?

Whats the enabling factor these hypothetical observations thats creating the possibilty for existance and observation?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I don't have a clue what you're asking.

What is an "enabling factor" ? within the context of this dicussion
edit on 20-1-2014 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

You used the word "aware" to describe cells in the body knowing the others exist - and make a good point. Are they aware of each other without neurotransmitters to help pass along communication? It is believed they are not in the sense of communication back and forth (without neurotransmitters a neuron cannot receive or send a message to/from another neuron). But - that is only what we have observed. We know when neurotransmitters become dysfunctional it changes our perception of the world (disease). We also know that when a neuron dies another may be born to take its place. That means they are communicating without neurotransmitters - just on a different level.

If the universe is found to pass information along - similar to how our brains do then could the collective organism (humans, animals) do the same? Can we pass information between each other even without a synapses even more than we realize (all on an unconscious level of course). If so - how does it differ from the chemical processes that take place in the brain? Certainly it would need to be emotion and conscious free - because I'm assuming it would be an electrical process (not chemical). Perhaps we will learn about how we are a replication of the universe before we figure out how to hone this knowledge between each other.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Here we are contemplating it.

That we are.

This reminds me of a story I once read where starfish like creatures would come together and connect their minds creating an exponentially greater over-mind. Even with only a few minds in mesh the mental power generated was great. All hypothetical of course but using that as a baseline I can only imagine what combining billions of minds would produce. The word "Godlike" comes to mind.

If that is so then truly all the strife and struggle we make ourselves suffer through is for naught.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

en·a·ble
enˈābəl/
verb
gerund or present participle: enabling

give (someone or something) the authority or means to do something.
"the evidence would enable us to arrive at firm conclusions"
synonyms: allow, permit, let, give the means, equip, empower, make able, fit; More
make possible, facilitate;
authorize, entitle, qualify;
formalcapacitate
"the brace will enable you to walk more steadily"
antonyms: prevent
make possible.
"a number of courses are available to enable an understanding of a broad range of issues"
Computing
make (a device or system) operational; activate.
adapted for use with the specified application or system.
"WAP-enabled mobile phones"

Origin
late Middle English (formerly also as inable ): from en-1, in-2, + able.

What gives matter the authority to exist?

This is how you get to the bottom of consciousness.
edit on 20141America/ChicagoquAmerica/Chicago2231262014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Absolute Reality is beyond that which humanity has issued it's constraints upon. That which is 'known' by science is a human interpretation in order for comprehension of that which is beyond the eye's reality but is not the total of all knowledge and comprehension.

www.myrkothum.com...

“In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true.” [Tweet this!]

Any perspective we have on anything is only a relative truth. There are always both (or more) sides of any story. An objective perspective or an absolute truth is very hard or maybe impossible to see. But to be aware of this and to be interested to see another perspective from another person can be very mind-opening and valuable.

The matter of perspective (also described in the 7 habits of highly effective people) is a very powerful one and it is the core of most (if not all?) conflicts between people. One things one is right as long one stays in one’s own single perspective – needless to say, the other person has the same reality.

There is a similar quote by The Buddha that fits in here: “In seperateness lies the world’s great misery, in compassion lies the world’s true strength” which shows that if we become able to dissolve the separate perspective to a perspective of oneness with all other, we hold the key to end conflicts and to find solution and agreements suitable for everybody.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Right, all science is speculation based on what they observe during a process.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

What you say is quite valid. We see it in therapy - cognitive behavioral, dialectical behavioral, mindfulness meditation, etc. The premise is to change how we think and in turn we change the feeling and ultimately the reality (it's all about perception and how we choose to view things). Where those interventions have not been taken is the place you speak of - does it change what we attract into our lives? I believe proof that it does is embedded in this thread. It wouldn't be too difficult to all do an experiment to see how it works.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Matter is a human made concept.

It's the result of waves interacting with each other within the limitations of the universe itself.

Waves of energy propagate, interfere, and take on denser states.

After a sufficient density has been reached, we observe this to be within the range of the concept we define as "matter".

These waves still exist without our observation.

The act of observing does not change the (general) state of matter.

Our influence is oh so limited by mere observation.

We can measure specific instruments interference, but this depends on the energy of the particle which is being observed in relation to the amount of energy being blasted at it.

Do you think our eyes blast out so much energy? I'm not superman.
edit on 20-1-2014 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

It wouldn't be too difficult to all do an experiment to see how it works.

Now that is a great idea.

How would we go about forming such an experiment here?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Ok but where does the wave come from?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Many 'truths' of science might show proof of something, though as is constantly being proven, scientific theory evolves as more of the picture is revealed.

In essence, that which is known is not all there is to know.

In perspective, look to how the world was perceived according to science 100 years ago compared to the knowledge we have now, perhaps 20% of the current picture was known, and compare that to 500 years ago, perhaps 2% was known compared to the current picture.

Things have quickened, just like the Universe is increasingly expanding, as is human knowledge.

In 10, 20, 100, 500 years, imagine how much will be known compared to the current picture today.

Imagine how this knowledge will be used by humanity.

Comprehension of how the increased knowledge has been used by humanity over hundreds of years should be evaluated clearly at each and every step.

It is better to use wisdom and knowledge wisely than regretting in hindsight.

If the divine creator gave a person a GPB / dollar (representing wisdom / knowledge / power) and they spent it on a hammer for bashing a person they are jealous of, the divine creator might deny them any more whereas if they bought something constructive, like an apple tree and planted it with love and good intention they might find their good intention rewarded.

Opening the mind to absolute reality with good (not selfish) intention is to ask for being in tune with that which is Eternal and Infinite.
edit on 20-1-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Dianec
reply to post by Realtruth

What you say is quite valid. We see it in therapy - cognitive behavioral, dialectical behavioral, mindfulness meditation, etc. The premise is to change how we think and in turn we change the feeling and ultimately the reality (it's all about perception and how we choose to view things). Where those interventions have not been taken is the place you speak of - does it change what we attract into our lives? I believe proof that it does is embedded in this thread. It wouldn't be too difficult to all do an experiment to see how it works.

It's so simple most people won't believe it works, but it does.

It's a form of short meditation, self-awareness, and mindfulness that works. I am living proof, but don't take my word for it, try it.

Toxic thoughts are poisonous the person thinking them, but the effects do spill out into the world over time. I also remember reading a study that toxic thoughts over an extended period actually have severe effect physically on the human brain.

It takes discipline, but when one removes toxic thoughts like " That SOB" " What an idiot" "Fool" etc........ and acknowledges them and replaces them with words of empowerment they come up with, then the cycle with stop. But don't lay idle for too long because the Ego will pop it's ugly judgement head up from time to time.

This all leads way to "The Big Picture" without the toxic mindset one can see, feel, and hear things they normally would not be able to. This does not make them better, just not burdened with a mental loop that is destructive instead of constructive.
edit on 20-1-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

onequestion

Ok but where does the wave come from?

Where does consciousness come from? Where does the universe come from? Where does any of the things too complex to know by a linear thought pattern come from?

There are far too many unknowns. Some of these scientists are trying to simplify that with some rather ingenious ideas. I think people just don't understand what these ideas, and concepts based on ideas are really saying.

Like dealing with the subatomic, and talking in terms of probability. Do you think this "potential" state has the same meaning to the macroscopic, and laymen?

Only to an extent. When we talk of conspiracy theories, we talk in a range of possibilities. We scenario build. We take in key factors, and place them into the equation to come up with probabilities. In reality, only one scenario is actually playing out from within all the range of possibilities.

Now, why do we stick to possibilities? The exact same reason scientists are sticking to possibilities within the very small. Because there are too many unknowns. It's the best we can do. We make assumptions, and try to fill in the gaps with "key factors" or knowns that seem to largely influence the possibilities, to attempt and narrow it down.

It's not that both are going on. This is merely a construct to not limit the range of possibilities, considering there are too many unknowns. If we had the answers, we could know with certainty what one reality is playing out and why.

There's big pieces missing. People put in a bunch of nonsense because they can't handle that many unknowns. It's a new religion being formed out of our insecurities of not knowing. It's ridiculous.

How about, we know very little, but more than last decade... still not enough to be stating the origins of consciousness, or if there is an afterlife with certainty. I lean towards atheism, but am still open up to the possibilities.

As a guy with a fairly open, yet grounded mind, I can admit we still don't know too much.

You're asking the wrong question. It's not where does any one thing come from, it's how do they all interact to give us this experience.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

i always wonder why the quantum-bullying meme is so powerful?

.... The wave would otherwise flow back and forth.... since the frequency isn't exactly aligned with the distance.... put an instrument which interferes with the wave....

the way that you have stated your interpretation of the experiment leads me to think that you also do not have a correct understanding of the underlying phenomena. what you have said is relevant to mechanical waveforms. because of the quantized (particle) nature of the wavefunction, neither the distance nor the measuring device, explicitly, can be the cause of the phase cancellation.

rather, each and every photon interferes with itself.

in order for a particle to cancel with itself according to the configuration of the entire system (which includes distance, measuring device and many other things), it must somehow be able to "know" what the entire system looks like. the apparent ability to 'survey the scene' and behave accordingly tells us one of two things (in my estimation):

1 - the 'dumb' particle (or maybe the system, itself) is actually, inherently, intelligent.
2 - the interference is due to an intermixing of the time forward wavefunction with a backward time wavefunction from the future. (incidentally, this is why the original mathematical formulation of quantum mechanics did not include a time correlate.)

the first scenario is the one that is often abused, as you say. the layman mystic's interpretation may not be strictly correct, but it is not as though physicists are willing to put forth a better explanation of the collapse of entangled particle conjugates.

the second scenario is in my opinion more interesting, and has been demonstrated in the experiment at the following link:

physicsworld.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Do you think this "potential" state has the same meaning to the macroscopic, and laymen?

yes... in a way.

the reason that consciousness is modeled so well using the principles of quantum physics is because of the self-interacting nature of what we call a "thought". please do consider the following in terms of your own thought processes....

a thought is a unit. it is, for rational purposes, a thing (particle). a thought is the mechanism by which the mind is able to travel forward in time in order to predict a certain outcome. a thought is the future causing the present.

a thought is composed of a superposition of a number of sub-thoughts (each of them also a thing). the probability of each possible scenario is calculated according to the constraints of the given rationalization. this thought-probability-function is very similar to the quantum wavefunction in that actionable behavior of the system (you within the environment) is determined by a literal overlapping of all possible states of the rational system, as predicted by the future-->backward.

quite simply: your ability to make a rational decision, the future projected onto the present, can be correlated in a meaningful way to the 'spooky' behavior of quantum systems.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join