It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think my house is haunted.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sean

I only clicked to say your heading would make a great movie title.
SnF

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sean

Not reading other posts I will say that in my experience hauntings and shadow people are not related. I've seen the same shadow for around 14 years now, and fairly frequently. His name is Harold. I think my subconscious named him based on an old Twilight Zone episode, that's just the name that popped into my head. He looks like a Harold. Tall yet slightly round, funny hat, long coat... I've always felt that he's studying me (for lack of a better term). I don't feel threatened or anything remotely negative. About 10 years ago he stopped disappearing when I spoke or looked at him.

Either way, I've never seen a shadow person in relation to a haunting and my parents' house could be on one of the SyFy or Discovery haunting shows. Not to mention the number of "haunted retreats" kind of thing I've gone to.

Next stop: Predjama Castle. F yeah.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

woodwytch

sean
Just have a few things stored upstairs and have another computer upstairs that sometimes I tinker on and hook a electric guitar up to. I am sitting on a chair in the middle of the room and Saw a shadow person walking into the room kind of fast towards me and it startled me. It's like one of those moments your hair stands on your neck. Right when you look directly at them they vanish. Right at that moment the light over my head also surged dimmer and kind of flickers twice like a candle light and then went back to normal again. It looks like a man with a hat and long coat on. I'm like ok you can have your room back now and came down and wrote this.

Hey there sean ... first things first ... don't panic !

Don't be scared by the alarmists on the thread as you have just described seeing 'HAT MAN' (always described as a shadow wearing a hat and long coat or cloak) ... he is a very common form of shadow person and whilst his appearance can be a little scary there are no reports of the Hat Man causing harm ... he tends to be more of a passing observer spirit.

There have been several threads on ATS about the Hat Man and I am adding two links for you to check-out that might help you understand what you experienced a little better.

HatMan
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Black Man
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If memory serves my own encounter with the Hat Man is included on one or both of these threads ... hope they help.

Woody )O(

Yeah those pics in there resemble it. It's definitely a shorter brimmed hat like those and wearing what looked like a Dick Tracy long coat or cloak all black. It fits the time period what a man would wear.
edit on 20-1-2014 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnivea

Give you another story of odd things. I put a door up from the living room to the stairs. On the first floor we got one smoke detector brand new & replaced it 2 months ago thinking it was faulty. It's mounted near the bedrooms in the hall. There is a older smoke detector one up stairs mounted on the ceiling. Both are BATTERY operated mind you with fresh batteries. The one in the hall goes off all hours of the night & after resetting multiple times, I hear the one upstairs going off too!!?¿?¿? No smoke no smell nothing.

Now I am not saying that a draft couldn't be causing it, but that's got to be one hell of a draft to go from the hall through a closed door up a 20 step stairwell and into the room to the smoke detector. rofl.
edit on 21-1-2014 by sean because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2014 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Hats off to you!! Offering help instead of being offensive . We all have beliefs ,They may not all the same ,But who has the right to assume (and we all know what ass u me )means .I hope more people follow your lead.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sean

Last time I checked it took smoke to make a smoke detector go off,
A draft without smoke would not cause that. Good try at debunking LOL

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Hmm... I have similar issues in my home but not as intense I guess.
Most of the things seem to happen in my room when I'm sleeping, not there, or when someone else is in my room and I'm away.
People have said it is the same "shadow figure" that was described as having a trench coat.

~Sovereign

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sean

Very good advice , Panic is not going to help.
It did not threaten you in any way . They do exist so be open to them .

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
i agree with woodwytch, i have never come across a report of a shadow person hurting anyone, i think people get scared because its the unknown. Pro Stephen Hawkings believes in them , i think he said something along the lines of 'they are just from a different dimension'.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I believe there is energy that energy can be in a house, or on a peace of furniture . or jewelry.
Some people are receptive some are not

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by slippeddisc

I remember as a child seeing shadow people going in and out of my closet moving in the hallway . I was afraid at first. But as I got older and realized they where not going to hurt me. I began to watch more closely . It seemed like they where doing the same things over and over

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sean

darn annoying when that happens, when i empty the ashtray out before i go to bed i always put it back on my desk. went to look for it ne afternoon and it wasnt there. definitely a head scratcher when you cant find the object again though. best of luck in finding out whats in your house and sorting it out.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

PrincessOfPhilosophy

Hats off to you!! Offering help instead of being offensive . We all have beliefs ,They may not all the same ,But who has the right to assume (and we all know what ass u me )means .I hope more people follow your lead.

Well thank-you *blushes coyly
but on a serious note ... in the kind of work I do (Pastlife Regression Therapist / Paranormal Investigator / Spiritual Advisor etc.) it is my place to 'open the door' but it is up to the client to step through and walk the path before them.

My philosophy in life is each to there own because no two people are the same and what is right for one might be horrendous for another ... we can ask for help but we have to find our own way ... never believe your way is the only way because you can learn so much from those on different journey's that will help you progress on your own travels.

On a separate note I agree with what you said in a different reply to someone that impressions and energies can be imprinted in furniture as well as buildings.

Woody )O(

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

slippeddisc
i agree with woodwytch, i have never come across a report of a shadow person hurting anyone, i think people get scared because its the unknown. Pro Stephen Hawkings believes in them , i think he said something along the lines of 'they are just from a different dimension'.

You're absolutely correct ... it is the 'unknown' that causes fear in most situations (paranormal or mundane). I also think that many things classified as paranormal / alien / even religious visitations (depending on your personal perspective) are all actually from a different dimension ... when our body dies our spirit passes into what we perceive as a different dimension/heaven (again depending on personal perspective).

Woody )O(

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

hi woodwytch, i have read your posts on your past investigation with the two women, very interesting indeed is all i can say, its not your 'average' 'ghost' in a house, i thoroughly enjoyed reading about, was it Dirken Ridge? he really is something.

i've had a fair few paranormal experiences since i was around 13, im 40 now, and i just couldn't imagine life without the dead.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by PrincessOfPhilosophy

hi!

i've not actually experienced a shadow person but i really wouldn't mind to. i got an ex friend who sees shadow people, quite fascinating.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   

slippeddisc

hi woodwytch, i have read your posts on your past investigation with the two women, very interesting indeed is all i can say, its not your 'average' 'ghost' in a house, i thoroughly enjoyed reading about, was it Dirken Ridge? he really is something.

i've had a fair few paranormal experiences since i was around 13, im 40 now, and i just couldn't imagine life without the dead.

Hey there slippeddisc ... so pleased that you enjoyed reading that thread and you are correct on both counts ... yes, it is/was 'Dirken Ridge' ... and yes, it definitely was not your 'average ghost in a house'.

He really was something else ... something I genuinely hope I never have to deal with again because the activity he created made anything Hollywood could conjure up in the 'paranormal activity genre' of films look like Disney

My story is similar to yours insomuch as my first 'recalled' experience with the paranormal was when I was 3yrs old and I have continued to experience it throughout my life (paranormal is my normal)

Woody )O(

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join