It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever ask yourself Why you did not Die that day?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

intrptr

Something protects us from our demise and we wonder why. Its happened to me and I've pondered it. Without confirmation I have to believe that I'm doing something currently or am going to do something that makes my existence worthy of continuance.

So thats a good thing, right? I'm "special"…

Then I remember Hitler had something protecting him, too.

What is with the Special stuff anyways? Never even considered anything Special about it really. Has nothing to do with it being a good thing only that it goes somehow Outside any of the so-called boxes. For all I know, my Death might be so painful later on it was saved until that day.

As for existence, no one really knows the Why anyways so might as well enjoy the ride as best you can. As for Hitler and the rest that follow him thats part of the show unfolding in ways no one can understand the reasons why.

Anyways for whats it worth. You can be Special if you need to be.

Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
A few years back someone did a thread about close calls with death. Their theory was we were supposed to live a certain time. If we died before that we would be reset to an earlier time in order to avoid death.

Which kinda makes sense to me. If you are in this life to learn a set of lessons, then a reset button would be necessary.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Understandable!

Yet how many now would do the same thing today? It is after all something called Respect for Life and the ones around it. You could say He planned it the day before He signed up for this ride as the story it told by others. Yet the pain of it all will be there forever in ones mind. Just do not allow it to go in Vain.

Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by infoseeker26754

Twice I have been in this situation. The first I was swimming at the beach with my boogy board, as I was riding the wave it flipped me under with the board on top of my head I couldn't get up I just remember everything going blank and a succession of images flitering through my mind then woke up and I was on the beach I thought I had died that day..

The second time was me Vs a big truck, the ones where I decided to take a short cut against my intuition and it started to rain suddenly and I mean just pouring down was coming up to a blind corner when a massive truck and trailer came flying around the corner on my side of the road I tried to turn off onto the grassy patch, unluckily for me it was squash season and there was mud and silt on the road, the ute I was in wheels locked up and slid straight underneath the front of the wheels of the trucked bounced me back out spun me around and went back under the truck. I walked away with not even a single scratch the ute was completly written off I had to climb out of the passengers window to get out. The last thing I remember was feeling the ute sliding before going under the wheels of the truck puting both arms around my head to brace myself..

Somebody was watching over me both days and I am very greatful I have plenty life left in me and I want to live it.

Awesome thread S&F

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Close Call! Wow! have you ever wondered whats could be going through her mind now, as we remember today? Until now, I actually never considered the other side of this story.

One person saving five others, one being saved, and you seeing the other persons eyes of horror! Goes with the person driving the van that day and the friends/family also.

Now I feel ashamed that never even crossed my mind!

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zechloringer

That brings up something most never really want to even talk about, Death. Do we go on to some other plain of existence or once dead its over. I have to say this now, so bear with me on this one.

No matter what happens after Death. You would continue to exist forever! Not is some heaven, or for some in hell but in the Lives of others who have spent time with you, parents and loved ones. Even the ones who actually hated your guts!

Something to consider when bringing up Death anyways! You have to learn to enjoy the bad parts of Life or whats the point anyways?

I agree with you, Love it the Best you can and make it the way you want while you can! Now try not to get carried away with Life, I find sometimes it has a Way of its Own doing things to mix it up some.

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Yes, I had a similar experience. Mine also involved a mountain, but unfortunately I did go over the edge.

It was Thanksgiving around 2000 or so and I was visiting my family at my grandmother's house. She lived next to some nice rock climbing and hiking areas so my brother and I went for a climb. We made it all the way up the mountain and started our decline. We decided to take opposite ways because I was feeling adventurous and wanted to try a hard way down. As we separated we got to a point where a ridge was separating our view of each other.

I attempted to jump from one ledge to another when I started to slide down an incline of about 75 degrees or so - I was moving fast and had no way to stop myself. I slid at a high incline for about 3 stories before reaching a cliff and the end of the easy ride. The last thing I remember at that point was hitting the ledge of the cliff and being propelled forward over the cliff. I was going face first and remember the last thing I saw was a drop of about 5 or 6 stories and nothing but huge boulders and jagged rocks for a landing - WAY down. And that was it, I remember thinking "okay, this is where I die". Everything went black at that point.

Next thing I know, I am sliding relatively safely to the bottom of the mountain. I did not then, and do not know remember anything about what happened when I hit the edge and saw my impending death to when I was at the bottom.

As soon as I realized I was alive I immediately assumed that I was paralyzed or completely broken to pieces. I had so much adrenalin at this point, I shot to my feet feeling every piece of me to make sure I wasn't paralyzed or broken or who knows what. I had so much adrenaline of course though and was so surprised that I was even alive.

I ended up with some minor scratches on my back and arms, and that was it. No broken bones and no serious injury whatsoever. I waited for my brother to climb down and meet me, then walked about a mile back to my grandmother's house. 2 people ran up to us as we were walking back to see if I was okay, they said they thought I was dead because of the fall.

So scary, and I don't know how I survived. I ended up going back with some measuring tools a couple months later to verify the distances. Turns out I slid in almost free fall for about 3 stories, then free fell down to the pile of rocks for 5 stories... Yet some how I missed the rocks and landed safely.

I thank God for that.
edit on 20-1-2014 by Infinitis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well Said!

Most of us go throughout life never really questioning any of the so called Laws we have no ideas about. It is something moving the Play outside our small boxes we call Facts. You either move with Life or It moves you. Stay stuck in Life or play it safe, Life will come knocking at your door and bring something to you that changes everything.

It is best to move, even if its slow as long as your moving. You can not Outplay Life, you can either play or it will do the Playing for you. Either way, you will have to move one way or another. Read that long ago, somehow it makes more sense then you know.

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Unless you are beyond Death, your body will die someday. Everything dies no matter what they do to prevent it, sure might gain some years eating right, doing this or that. Still #1 rule is your body will die, rot away and be eaten by other life forms Living!

Wow! How did that get there? One should see Death as a friend, after all the crap and pain one goes through in Life one should be happy to see the guy knocking at your door. How I see it anyways although I still have so many years to go I've stopped counting.

Since I have never actually died yet, I do not know! maybe someone will drop us a note and share being dead for 5 mins and brought back to life. Would be interesting to hear their story! Then again, who can claim that one is actually Living? We could all just be Angels downgraded to a lower form of existence.

Yet as one feels many forms of pain, could be the only way to actually learn something. Kinda like playing video games where you can die yet get to start all over again without losing anything but ratings.

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
This happened back around 1994 or so. Me and my then 15 year old daughter decided to walk uptown for something, I forget what. At the time we lived in a little town in southern Illinois. Anyway, as we were walking, we passed by an empty trailer (tractor trailer), it was sitting by the side of the road for some reason, on some blocks or something. We paid it no nevermind, just walked past it. When we got maybe fifteen feet past it, we heard a gigantic whump and when we turned around it had fallen over, right where we had just walked. Ten seconds earlier, we would have either been killed or very very seriously injured. You can believe I said my prayers that night for sparing us!

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Who can say really.

Although some could go with the idea that you moved into a different timeline since to see it coming you had to have lived it once before. Or your in tune with a bigger picture and able to see things others can not. Or somehow right now you are on 10 Earths at the same time working things out. Replaying different parts in order to learn something. I just do not know.

I have no words for this, since sometimes I can Feel something odd just before I go my way and have to change it up knowing somethings up, or not right. Other then wondering if your a spirit or not, how do you Feel about the whole idea of it all?

Did it Start as a child or came later on in life?

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

All cured, for 2.5 years now. It was your God that brought me through it, although I've stopped serving him now. I believe in a certain brand of polytheism, God is just another facet of the god, to whom I refer as Cernunnos. However, irrelevant.

I used to know a little boy who had tubes in his ears, he wants to get baptized but is scared because of the tubes and has decided to wait until they come out.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Back when we were young newlyweds, the hubby & I were in wreck. I hit my head on the rear view mirror/broke it, I was bruised but ok. He wasn't hurt and jumped out to help the other people.

I was dazed so I sat down on the curb by the grass, well out of the way. Traffic was a tangled mess. I was sitting there hunched over when a cop, lights/siren blazing, comes flying in and hops the curb right next to me.

He was so close I could touch the tire with my shoulder. I don't know how he missed me, I know he never saw me. I heard the siren/looked up but didn't even have time to blink. Strange day.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Making a difference in a world gone Mad I have to give you my Blessings!

Its is a hard thing to do these days since either somehow one find it being actually rude or take advantage of it. As for the boat your in, I'm on the other side fishing without any bait on my hook. Haven't found my path either although the past few months have really become very strange indeed. It started 2 yrs ago and have thought I was going mad at times.

Yet the questioning still continues. Sometimes I wonder where the questions come form, some form of Death in my being maybe. Yet it show things I would have never considered or even talked about before all this. I'm still here too and wonder why I have to play with the zombies really. Now I am working on installing a bathtub, looks easy on You Tube you know. Tore the whole room apart and went OMG!

Learn everything you can even if you fail trying I say! Give it time, your path will come. Could be a sleeper and it just not your time yet to play!

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by freethinker123

Unless you have to question this whole idea/s then do it!

You could just drop everything in your head and say I really do not know and leave it at that. One it allows thoughts to flow freely, second you keep it outside of the box of possible ideas out their yet no real understanding to it either.

Start by dropping everything and reading all the posts in order and go from there. Then get back to me and slow down a bit. I did not know where to start with so take your time on this.

So way over my bed time! Get back to you tomorrow so you have the time you need to clarify.

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I have to ask something of you. Are you a Bot?

Not to be mean, what has this have to do with anything? Unless I missed something or you tagged the wrong link. Reason and logic just went out the window or I am really way overdue for bed!

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
All I see in this thread are coincidences and people that had accidents...... if you didn't die, it's because your injuries were not life threatening... or if they were, you pulled through thanks to medical science, or complete chance.... not because of some "angel or protective spirit watching over you...

All I see here are a load of accidents and injuries that obviously weren't life threatening... now, tell me a story where beyond doubt the person should have died, such as a person surviving having their head chopped off completely, or a person being crushed by a 100 ton shipping container and walking away, or someone removing their own heart, kissing it, and replacing it... and I'll believe you.. Hell, I'll even admit there might be a god....

Until someone comes up with a story where the person beyond a doubt should have died, but survived, then I can't entertain such a fanciful proposal....

PA

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

In my early teens to mid twenties I was an idiot. No fear, no caring, just did whatever. The two worst I have had back then, one I walked away from like nothing happened the other I flat lined in the er. The one I walked away from was a car accident. A girl asked me to drive her home from a keg party we were at. Have no clue why since she was sober and I was holding on to things to stand. I swerved off the highway into the median and flipped a few times and slid into oncoming traffic upside down. I remember climbing out and standing behind the car thinking holy (@*#$#$# check that out. Then I was laying in the median. A car had hit us head on and our car slid and hit me knocking me back out of my shoes(the paramedic actually brought them to me and said they were just side by side like I was standing in the road when he found them). I didn't have a scratch, the girl had a busted lip and chipped tooth and the lady that hit us had some neck problems for a while. The car when I saw it a couple days later was folded sitting on the frame and only one tire actually touched the ground it was crazy.

The second was just stupid. My gf found me sitting on the bed about 1/4 way through my 2nd liter of vodka and prescription meds laying everywhere. I only have a couple spotty memories of it and I remember being at the ER and laughing at people rushing around. I woke up 3 days later. They said my ba content was above .5 when it was tested. I had stopped breathing and then my heart stopped. The dr told me there was no reason at all that it should have started again with the amount of drugs and alcohol in my system but it did. They wanted me to self admit to psych ward for attempted suicide but I wasn't having none of that. Slept at my parents house for a couple days and was back at the bar and beach.

I'm 41 now and surprised I'm still here. Even my dad told me he didn't have any hope I would live past my early twenties he was just waiting for the call. I never did either, didn't really want to back then, just ran balls out non stop if I lived great, if not great, didn't really matter either way. I wish I could find a photo I used to have from back then. A girl took it leaning out of the window of a car. I was standing on the front bumper arms outstretched doing about 60 down the beach road. Car surfing was mad scary but I loved it. No idea why I made it, but, I always have said it doesn't really matter what happens, I will be fine. That seems to have always held true in my life no matter what.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I will answer this from a different angle. I AMAZED I AM STILL ALIVE AT 63. I am amazed that I was even born.

My mother and father aborted two pregnancies in the 40's, tried to kill the other three. Proven family history.

Also, considering my ancestry is Northern Europe, I am amazed, that I am here. We survived plagues, brutal wars, slavery, inquisitions, genetic diseases, kings, climate change.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

infoseeker26754
reply to post by freethinker123

Unless you have to question this whole idea/s then do it!

You could just drop everything in your head and say I really do not know and leave it at that. One it allows thoughts to flow freely, second you keep it outside of the box of possible ideas out their yet no real understanding to it either.

Start by dropping everything and reading all the posts in order and go from there. Then get back to me and slow down a bit. I did not know where to start with so take your time on this.

So way over my bed time! Get back to you tomorrow so you have the time you need to clarify.

Peace

Not sure I understood what you meant by do it, but hey I'll do it!

I have read other peoples posts which were interesting but I was just giving you (guys) a theory about a thought I've had concerning life for some time now - how it works for each of us. Its one stage further than 'why didn't I die', its more like 'why am I living'. My answer is that we all live till the end of our natural lives, our 'other' selves in different realities are the ones who die. Its not a theory without holes of course.

If its not clear or if there is anything interesting about it to you then just ask. Its not easy to explain. I'm kind of sad that nobody else had anything to say about it though, although I know that some people skip long posts particularly when they are not easy to understand...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join