It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever ask yourself Why you did not Die that day?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
How many of you have been there? Should have died that day and somehow came out with nothing more then a bump or 2? What about some of you who have seen Death more then once in the eye? And came out with only minor scratches.

As I look back at my life. I should have died 3 times; though 2 others do come to mind yet they were not as close to Death as the other 3 in my life. Somehow I can not understand what actually saved me from Death. One day while enjoying the hills. I was 17 and with family drinking. Came upon others who said a large party was on top of the hill and asked if we would like to come. We dropped off some of the beer, person said we would not need it anyway and got in. I got the front seat and an eye full later!

As we were going up to the party, the man driving was going to turn a corner and actually drove off the mountain! If it was not for the top of a tree and catch hold of the back wheels. We would have all died that day! Ever have to clime out of the back of a van and jump to a road? Only 2 feet yet stuck on top of a tall evergreen! One would have thought the top would have broken off! Next day looking down, that was the only tree and the drop would have been 150 ft and rolling the rest of the way down.

Next was a go-cart! Even brought it back to life, go figure. Anyways my turn was next so as I strapped myself down and took off. Adam did say duck. Hit the dip, rolled 25 ft and ended up laying on its side with me in it. Other then my kneecap out of place I was fine. A person walking while I was rolling, flipping thought I was dead. Heard that story so many times in town later I wondered How I did not die as with them. Odd part was I remember the first roll and the last.

Now as I look back at it all. What was the cause in blocking my Deaths so many times. Was it Fate, Luck or something else covering my back. Do I have some other fate later in Life I need to do, or was it nothing more then Luck? Their was nothing to learn from it all, doing nothing out of the norm so what gives? Or did I miss understand the lessons meeting Death?

Love to hear your stories and you understanding of it all if you care to share!

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by infoseeker26754

It's just the luck of the draw.

I remember thinking how random everything is when I had to study actuarial tables and price some insurance products. How with each age group the percentage of the group that's left remaining dies off at a higher rate.

There's nothing magical to it. Look at any newspaper and the obituaries and you'll see fragility of human existence.

I have had many close encounters myself. I've been in wrecks, been shot at, and almost ran over countless times(live in bad neighborhoods without car).

I don't see it as anything mystical, simply that I was one of the ones on the actuarial table that didn't die that year.

That's my two cents.
edit on 19-1-2014 by OrphanApology because: D

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Ever ask yourself Why you did not Die that day?

No. Because if I started thinking about it, I'd start second-guessing myself, then I may end up as "dirt-nap" status.

Interesting thread, however.

SnF
edit on 19-1-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I've had some close calls but I think something very powerful protected me. Something that can control gravity and alter direction almost instantly. I haven't a clue what it is. Some call it a guardian angel

Whatever protected me, I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of it. Hopefully it will stick around and do it's thing.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Yes. A near fatal fall from heights. Was standing at the top of the stairs on the 2nd floor in a house below a refrigerator. My friend thought I had it...and I didn't. I was crushed beneath it as it shoved me like a train to the bottom.

Bounced me down 14 stairs and the fridge crushed me into a little ball at the bottom of the stairs. It almost killed me, crushing my spine, skulls and lungs.

A Vietnam vet saved my life. He was above the fridge at the top of the stairs, diving down on top of it and me, he pulled it up and back off me with one hand enough to get pulled out from under the thing. Another couple of seconds and I was a goner. In my minds eye, I saw a single hand glowing gold in the form of a "STOP!:. I guess that was both his hand and the hand of GOD I saw.

Wore a body cast, used a cane for years n years.... I knew I had some purpose to fulfill and everyday I wonder if I have yet...because Im still here. This is why I am now a First Responder EMT/LIfe Support, and I volunteer.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I was in a terrible car accident when the car i was a passenger in had a blow out at 90mph on a motorway. We shot across 3 lanes of traffic without hitting any of the cars or lorries in the other lanes. We hit the side on the motorway, flipped over and skidded down an embankment upside down and came to rest in a shallow river. I had to kick out the back window to get out and pull the rest of the people out (there were 5 of us) .We all got out without a scratch or a bruise.

I dont understand how we all walked away. None of the doctors at the hospital could understand how any of us were not even marked.

Ive had many freaky accidents like that in my life, they say only the good die young.
edit on 19-1-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
twice.....yes i do...is it just randomnis? lucky? not your time? i wasnt in combat, i didnt save anybody...no great feats have been acomplished since, i dont lead a country..in fact life has been rather tuff. ...'why'....will forever be a personal question of reflection upon my life, maybe some meaning deep inside that is unknown to me still...and if everything is just random stuff, no meaning so dont look,nothing to see here......... then our actions have no real meaning so why try to live a 'just and right' life, why help others and do 'good'. (all very subjective words, i know.) i guess occurances that that help one reflect on 'bigger' things or things that one usually doesnt want to think about or or or or

still not sure 'why'

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Yip, 2 car accidents and one near miss when i was a child later...not a scratch.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

mysterioustranger

Yes. A near fatal fall from heights. Was standing at the top of the stairs on the 2nd floor in a house below a refrigerator. My friend thought I had it...and I didn't. I was crushed beneath it as it shoved me like a train to the bottom.

Bounced me down 14 stairs and the fridge crushed me into a little ball at the bottom of the stairs. It almost killed me, crushing my spine, skulls and lungs.

A Vietnam vet saved my life. He was above the fridge at the top of the stairs, diving down on top of it and me, he pulled it up and back off me with one hand enough to get pulled out from under the thing. Another couple of seconds and I was a goner. In my minds eye, I saw a single hand glowing gold in the form of a "STOP!:. I guess that was both his hand and the hand of GOD I saw.

Wore a body cast, used a cane for years n years.... I knew I had some purpose to fulfill and everyday I wonder if I have yet...because Im still here. This is why I am now a First Responder EMT/LIfe Support, and I volunteer.

I hear you myster, my wife had her own ordeal of that sort and I fully understand..... i personally had close calls also; shots toward me on a hunting trip (close call that time),accidents at a very young age,etc. btw also in some other areas that i won't discuss here (paranormal) so i don't derail this thread. I think there's something there myself knowing you were supposed to die but........ made it. Interesting!

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Every now and then I'll run across an old friend and we both say, "Good to see you. We should have been dead long ago".

The 70's and 80's were a very wild time for me. Living on the edge was fun.
Not much was too wild or crazy for me to try. I drove a race car, did and still drive a motorcycle and always had a hot car.
I drank Wild Turkey 101 straight and dabbled in other things I will not name due to the T@C.

Had an encounter with an 18 wheeler and didn't get a scratch but my Chevy SS was totaled,.

And can't count the times when riding my motorcycle that I knew I was going down hard but I didn't.

In the last 10 years I have been in the intensive care unit twice and my family was called in to see me one more time.

But I survived each near death experience and I know what saved me.

It was my God Jesus Christ and his angels that kept me alive or kept me out of the way of death.

I've learned to be more careful in my old age as I am not as quick as I once was and my hands shake.
But I still have no fear as I know my God is in control of my life.

Peace, Love and Joy to all.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I was a cancer patient at 15, and had a lot of complications. Brain bleeds, an infection that nearly killed me, things like that. I know exactly what it is to wonder if I should even still be alive, especially because mine wasn't just a freak chance, but people insisting I make an effort to live.
Don't mind me, my PTSD and I are gonna go curl up in a corner and cry now...

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Something protects us from our demise and we wonder why. Its happened to me and I've pondered it. Without confirmation I have to believe that I'm doing something currently or am going to do something that makes my existence worthy of continuance.

So thats a good thing, right? I'm "special"…

Then I remember Hitler had something protecting him, too.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Yep. Many many times. Almost drowned in a river when I was 12. A buddy and I were wading fairly deep off the shore in a fairly large river (water up to shoulder level so we hadn't gone that far out) when we both were taken by the undertow. He was a stronger swimmer than I was and managed to save my life. I was a gonner without him there, and actually thought I was dead as he swam me back to shore. I went down the last time without any strength left and the next thing I know I'm floating, looking at blue sky and wondering if I was dead until I heard him say "put your feet down". He swam me all the way to shore.

Some days I wish he would have just saved himself.
edit on 19-1-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

Having read your thought's I would have to wonder why you haven't moved. Seem somewhat down so I shall send you a prayer.

Never know if it might come in handy!

Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Billie828
I was a cancer patient at 15, and had a lot of complications. Brain bleeds, an infection that nearly killed me, things like that. I know exactly what it is to wonder if I should even still be alive, especially because mine wasn't just a freak chance, but people insisting I make an effort to live.
Don't mind me, my PTSD and I are gonna go curl up in a corner and cry now...

I feel for you man..... I had very close relatives leaving us on cancer's schedule. I bet you see life different now
cheer up we're only here on earth for a journey and then ????? hopefully for the better

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Or more like the story I heard awhile back.

Their was a rabbit crossing the road. While crossing, he had a thought and died!

Actually heard it from a Pakistan, who said it was something to ponder in ones mind.

Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

infoseeker26754
reply to post by beezzer

Or more like the story I heard awhile back.

Their was a rabbit crossing the road. While crossing, he had a thought and died!

Actually heard it from a Pakistan, who said it was something to ponder in ones mind.

Peace
.... well

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
There have been a few close calls but one stands out the most. Stepped off the curb with my girlfriend and her friend on the way to the club. Just as we stepped on the street, a girl t-boned a car as she was barreling towards us through what would have been a red light. It came to a stop within a few feet from me as I hopped over the broken glass that shattered around my feet.

She looked up at me from the steering wheel and as our eyes met, she covered her mouth in horror for what she had almost just done. She would have ran over all three of us had she not t-boned that car.
edit on 19-1-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I have had three instances where I almost died. When I was a young lad, I was walking behind a large truck, and before I could realize it, there was some men in the vehicle rolling out a rolled up bounce house. I slammed into my chest throwing me backwards, had I been a little closer, it would have crushed me. The second time I was being stupid, I was at a party, and I decided to get on a swing set. I kept swinging until I was level with the height of the swing, then decided I would flip out of the swing. Well I had gone too high, the swing chains bowed and crossed each other as my foot came through. My foot hooked, I feel to the ground head first and landed on my neck. The third time I was a passenger in a vehicle, and it swerved of the road at really high speeds, luckily there wasn't any cliffs though. We hit a sign, but nothing serious happened to any of us. I don't think there is any extra force that guides life, but I am grateful to still be alive, and I enjoy my life to the fullest. I don't fear death, but I really don't want to die.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I have heard about angels protecting us. Never actually seen one myself although did wright a letter to Arch Angel Michel one day asking for help. One of them problems in life no matter what you do only backfires. I gave it my best and looked at all sides and somehow I was blocked so I asked for help.

I agree, do not mess, joke, do anything to upset one! Worst case would be having to deal with every demon you created all at one time. That would be a very bad day indeed!

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join