It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ATS - It has only taken me 7 Years to finally get an account!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

I "discoverd" ATS in 2007 and have been a regular reader ever since. I've seen the format changes, the general shift from scientific conspiracy to political ranting, the left wing conspiricies (under George W.) swing to the far right conspiricies (under Obama), the rants, the 2012 doomsday predictions (nope - still here!), the mainstream flirtation (Robbie Williams discussing ATS on British Radio) and all the other ups and downs this site has seen.

What I have also seen is the community spirit - the support many of you guys give each other. The debate - 90% of which is extremely thoughtful and respectful. I have learned about so many areas of the things I am interested in, but never knew where to look. I have been constantly surprised, amazed, repulsed, filled with wonder/horror at the things that may or may not exist in this world/ universe/ plain of existance.

Why Join now? Today? - I have no idea - Something made me click that button after 7 years - Not any specific post - just an impulsive feeling.

I probably won't be starting any threads soon, but I will hopefully have a thoughtful contribution or two to make to threads that stir my interest/emotions.

Be gentle with me

"Sink into the mire. Embrace the butcher. But Change the world....It needs it" - Bertolt Brecht

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by WeAreSound

Hello and welcome!! 7 years?? Blimey! Well, you obviously know your way around, so look forward to see you in the threads!

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Why Join now? Today? - I have no idea - Something made me click that button after 7 years - Not any specific post - just an impulsive feeling.

You are not easy, you resisted 7 years, but finally ATS brainwashed you.

Now please return the "visitor" tag in the lobby, pick up your new ID and wait for the MOD coming to you now.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   

No need to welcome you, you should welcome myself and others who came here long after you. But now, as a signed in member, you will have less ads to bother you and can finally see our avatars. I have no idea why long or even short time readers don't sign in on an account, even if they never use it to post. Even when I point out a thread to friends I always say it's much easier to view it as a signed in member.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   

It took me a while to join as well

Welcome to the jungle come down to the avatar cave sometime and we can sort something out for you

BTS avatar creations 2014

Cody

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Hello and welcome,
You'll already know your way around so to speak so no need for a mentor.

I have been an avid fan of ATS for almost 7 years now and the members themselves keep me coming back time and time again, The level off inquiry alone by the more senior members makes me humbled and also proud to mention im a member of ATS.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Thank you for the friendly welcomes.
I am really not sure why it has taken this long to sign up - I am a member of several other forums on a number of topics - I guess I have have always been fascinated by the conversations, and much of the time wondered if my thoughts would be as valid. I do not have the most scientific of minds (I work in the Arts!) but the study of people, and in particular, their response to events (large or small) is somthing that really intrigues me.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
It took me a few years after readings posts lto join so I can understand 7. I think it was a mixture of things - overly busy, was satisfied with scanning the topics,it seemed exclusive at times - didn't know if it was for me, and wasn't aware it was free and easy to join since didn't click the button to inquire. I would also check in with other sites I never joined - strictly honest until it closed, etc. I hope you do contribute - I for one will look forward to your posts.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS...where there is always room for one more!

I'm glad to hear you decided to take the plunge and join up to contribute your thoughts and ideas. I look forward to seeing them in the forums!

A few links here to get you started....

First, swing by the ATS Freshmans Forum for any lingering questions. Then, be sure to check out the Terms and Conditions of course, and after you've looked over that, you may want to see more about Using the New features of ATS 5/3.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me or any other member of staff. The most direct way is always the Complaints and Suggestions form, but you can also drop a note to one of us if that works better for you.

Enjoy your stay!

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Lurking is fun, participating is much, much more fun! Welcome to ATS !!

Hope you enjoy !

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Welcome. It's funny I see these lurker intro threads all the time. When I found ATS I joined the first day...I just didn't make an intro and then I forgot all my info.. So I just started really being active in this forum..I think it was fall of 2012...
Anyway... Glad you joined and hope you enjoy your stay.
Have a welcome cake

Peace and love
-nat

top topics

join