It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Kofun Era Tomb Like Structure Found On Mars

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Never go full retard.

I mean look at Forest Gump. Yeah, he was a retard, but the dude was also a war hero.

That thing sits in a riverbed. The answer is clear as day. We can find similar patterns all over the place out west here in the US. All patterns of water erosion. Hell, look at the Grand Canyon.

The "omg alien life on Mars" folks in this thread need to be asking why these so-called Martian aliens built up a Mars-work mega-structure in the middle of what appears to be a Martian river eddy.

This actually looks like what we here in the Ozarks call a "mill race". Google it for examples or remain ignorant of basic geology.
edit on 20-1-2014 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

highly intriguing thought... what if, indeed?

i m highly sceptic with things like tthese, but i must admit, the last one looks too artificial (given the location, and that it is the only thing around for miles), to not make you wonder...

first it looked like something crashed on the surface and burried in the ground... the b/w image in the beginning, gives you a somewhat inverted look on the structure, like the pyramid was in reality a trench build by the crashing object...

cool find

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

druid1
It definitely doesn't look natural. With all of the pictures we see. I for one am convinced that there is more on Mars than we are led to believe.

I tend to agree with you on that, and have you noticed what NASA stated?

NASA says the straight edges may be the result of fractures, related to fractures or a hill that was lifted up by the faulting and its current shape was the result of the surrounding terrain having been eroded down over billions of years.

Sounds like a cover up and they know what the structure is.
edit on 20-1-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

This actually looks like what we here in the Ozarks call a "mill race". Google it for examples or remain ignorant of basic geology.

I did just that. I googled 'mill race'. I know what an actual mill race is, but since they are man made, I decided that I had better add a tag of 'geology' to it. I looked through the results, but all I could find were references to man made mill races.

I have seen photos of mesas posted on the thread.... photos taken from the ground. I have seen aerial photos of erosion posted here also. But I have yet to see a similarity in any of them to the photo that is the subject of the thread.

It really does look odd. It does not look like the typical result of erosion to me.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
People please. At least embrace the fundamentalism that science has given us: When you are faced with the incredible, do not assume the outrageous.

At least first assume it is something natural, and when you cannot find evidence that it is, THEN assume that it was artificially made. I love these photos, and I love all these unique and crazy things we find out there, but what the hell is the point of it all if every-time we see them we just assume that someone else made them? That just takes away all the mystery, AND makes you look like an ignoramus.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

I've never assumed anything.
I don't deny that it could be a result of erosion.

It does look odd, though, and I am not used to seeing a shape like this occurring through the process of erosion.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Interesting find, OP, thanks for posting.

I was curious enough to play around a little with one of the NASA photos in PhotoShop to try to bring out more detail. Maybe some others will enjoy seeing the results. I did not edit the photo other than to play around with settings like brightness, contrast, gamma, exposure, detail level, etc.

Here is a cropped close-up with details enhanced:

Here is the full NASA photo with details enhanced:

Here is the original from NASA with no enhancement (by me, anyway):

And here is a link to the original NASA photo on the USGS government site so you can verify the photo is really from NASA:
NASA Photo

As far as scale, one side of the more triangular part of the shape is approximately 2 kilometers long at what appears to be the base. That's based on the scale NASA included on some of the photos in the directory on the USGS site.

No idea what it is. My opinion is the same as with the Face on Mars - I wish we would just go there (even if only with a rover) and find out.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

Good job.
Perspective changed it a bit. Now I see a remnant of a perfect sphere which may slowly hit the surface pushing material in front of it. Probably impossible but in some special trajectory...who knows.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I wonder if they are gates/portals, is it possible their could be an Earth Lock, a Mars Lock ect ect and you just need the "key".

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

PapagiorgioCZ
reply to post by ikonoklast

Good job.
Perspective changed it a bit. Now I see a remnant of a perfect sphere which may slowly hit the surface pushing material in front of it. Probably impossible but in some special trajectory...who knows.

This is exactly what I thought, A potentially large sphericalish asteroid coming with a little of an angle on the left side of the image, making an impact, and uprooting the ground it hit, displacing it, and causing that shaped mound/mountain to the right.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by awakehuman

I can envisage no function of natural erosion that could construct a form in this joint arrangment of structure and symetry, I believe this is most likely an aritificial structure, what it is however, a tome, a geodesic marker or a remains of something that served a forgotten purpose, well whom know's, I do know the saying he that controls the history controls the world, all heirarchys are built on a platform of knowledge and interpretation of the past so it is not surprisint that these shadow governments that breeth through our institutions would feel threatened by anything that they would see as undermining there authority in the eyes of the people, if people were to wake up tomorrow knowing we had been far more advanced and there where powers and institutions actively hiding it from us as well as profiting from science that rightfully belongs to all then they would lose there positions very rapidly, the global economy though would not be damaged and indeed stock markets and shares into retro engineering of ancient technology and space travel as well as mars expeditions would push the stock markets to a new high, so it is there own position and authority based on lies and deception they are ruthlessly trying to keep.

edit on 21-1-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I think somebody is playing pretty fast and loose with where they draw their lines. Here's how I see it, and an illustration of just how people tend to see lines and symmetry that aren't really there:

Don't look all that symmetrical to me. Suddenly these marvelous designers don't look so good.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Is a LINGAM, se ralbadisole.org...
At the bottom:

Naga Lingam

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   
At the bottom of that picture

edit on 6-8-2021 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join