It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Kofun Era Tomb Like Structure Found On Mars

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

lostbook
reply to post by awakehuman

Cool. I wonder what the de-bunkers will have to say about this one.

S&F

Not a debunker but a skeptic here. (there is a difference)

What you are seeing is a plateau formed by water erosion (which is why it is in a riverbed).

You can find similar ones created by the same natural mechanism on Earth.

In science, the first place we go when facing something we don't understand or something unexplained is not this:

It's nature.

edit on 18-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

JadeStar

lostbook

S&F

What you are seeing is a plateau formed by water erosion (which is why it is in a riverbed).

In science, the first place we go when facing something we don't understand or something unexplained is not this:

It's nature.

How would you explain this : 2.bp.blogspot.com...
edit on 19-1-2014 by awakehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Why am I looking at some seemingly random, almost blah, plain vanilla stretch of Martian land? Is it supposed to be the formation in the OP? I don't understand what is supposed to be special about it, nothing sticks out to me other than it in this link resembling the sand bars some rivers get.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

awakehuman

JadeStar

lostbook

S&F

It's nature.

Water eroded terrain which has be sandblasted by storms for a couple billion years.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Nyiah

Why am I looking at some seemingly random, almost blah, plain vanilla stretch of Martian land? Is it supposed to be the formation in the OP? I don't understand what is supposed to be special about it, nothing sticks out to me other than it in this link resembling the sand bars some rivers get.

I request you to please read the whole article and study the diagram.

If a demarcation line (labeled i ) is placed above the ridge line between points, a and c, of the wedge formation and brought to extend down through the base of the dome formation - ending at J, the symmetry of the formation becomes noteworthy.

Looking at the parallel sides of the wedge-shaped formation, they appear as straight ridges that run down to a truncated base at an angle of 30 degrees... on both sides (Note points a-b and c-d).

The lower ridge line extending from point a to point b are parallel to the upper ridge line that extends from point e to point d.

The adjoining upper ridge line, extending from point f to point h is parallel with the lower ridge line extending from c to point d.

The large dome-shaped formation, located directly below the wedge-shaped formation appears to be a partially collapsed, circular dome. Notice the crevice across the center.

The big question is - how do you explain the formation of these two opposing formations? How could wind or water erosion create the wedge shaped formation, moving along the sides of the wedge form from point a to b - without destroying the dome-shaped formation adjoining it?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

JadeStar

awakehuman

JadeStar

lostbook

S&F

It's nature.

Water eroded terrain which has be sandblasted by storms for a couple billion years.

The block is in a shallow crater. Whatever blasted the crater into existence somehow excavated the block, but did no damage to it.

How will you explain this ?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
interesting pics..

who knows what's going on here?

buzz aldrin has mentioned these types of monoliths before, and armstrong made that cryptic comment about "truth's protective layers", then there's people like bob dean/norman bergrun(sic?) adding their 2 cents into the mix, eventually connecting "all this stuff" with our own ancient pre-history..

we've also had a few of these '2001' type movies delivering these monoliths to us, and how they supposedly tie-in to human evolution and mankinds destiny..

..i just hope this isn't part of the hollywood deception package, it sure smells like it.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
So...... I was looking around elsewhere and found this image:

What do you guys think of it?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

I know you are trying hard to debunk the mars structure by showing different structure images but not ready to argue over the above mentioned structure.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   

awakehuman
reply to post by JadeStar

I know you are trying hard to debunk the mars structure by showing different structure images but not ready to argue over the above mentioned structure.

What's to argue? I told you what it was and why it looks the way it looks. You are choosing to reject a known series of natural formation processes in favor of one which involves what exactly?

Martians?

There's no debunking needed here. I'm looking at this rationally and you are rejecting a rational and natural explanation for a natural formation.

I get that you're trying to be a Richard Hoagland type. Knock yourself out but don't expect anyone who looks at Mars frequently and more importantly, knows what they are looking at, to believe this thing was artificially made without some very good evidence.

Of which you've provided none which can not be explained by: water, wind and dust erosion.

It's pareidolia again.

edit on 19-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Heh, that ET is severe. Searching for a Soul Cube anyone? I would start a mission there.

Funny how now after a few hundred years of progress we are able to go there and at the same time some girl is telling me stuff about erosion like she knows there is some low chance of milions of civilisations growing like a mold on every piece of stardust around this one.
Mind bogglingly old would such structure be for sure. The level of damage of those "structures" is rising questions.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   

awakehuman
The block is in a shallow crater. Whatever blasted the crater into existence somehow excavated the block, but did no damage to it.

How will you explain this ?

Take the Gale crater (where Curiosity rover is operating) for an example. The crater with this anomaly might have been filled with water after the impact, and the anomaly could be a sediment deposit that got gradually eroded by the wind and other natural forces.

Alternatively, it could be an anticline, a convex fold that can form elongated structures or round domes.
edit on 19-1-2014 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   

PapagiorgioCZ
Heh, that ET is severe. Searching for a Soul Cube anyone? I would start a mission there.

Funny how now after a few hundred years of progress we are able to go there and at the same time some girl is telling me stuff about erosion like she knows there is some low chance of milions of civilisations growing like a mold on every piece of stardust around this one.

I do. If there was a high chance undeniable evidence would be everywhere. This is my field of study btw.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Interesting Find! Very Kool! Also look near top, and using the diagram between points a, c , l there are a group of 'domes'? 4 Large, some smaller ones, a medium, etc. Everything else around is flat. Or are those Craters? Well , using diagram again I looked near points m, p, and that's definitely a large crater. Doesn't look the same as the other 'Domes'? Ok, I'm calling them Domes now. My take anyway. Plus it's odd for the way they are grouped...... Syx

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

show examples with straight lines and consistently symmetrical angles

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

www.unspecial.org...

Are you guys serious? Do you know how old mars is, and do you know when the solar system formed how much space debris was floating, I mean hurtling at large, I mean tremendous velocities, and how big, I mean monstrously large some, I mean a lot of that debris might have been?

static.ddmcdn.com...

upload.wikimedia.org...

Mars is in quite the close proximity to the asteroid belt, do you see all those white markings? Ufos...I mean giant space rock.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

JadeStar

I do. If there was a high chance undeniable evidence would be everywhere. This is my field of study btw.

Good for you. However it means that you don't work hard enough as the OP has seen it first.

Erosion is bitch when it comes to evidence

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The vast majority of planetary and moon "structures" that are touted as proof for some civilization are nothing more than geological features. And this is just a random geological feature. Fractured rock can often form straight lines, edges, and plains, as evidenced on earth. I have seen many people forget that erosion due to liquid has also taken place on Mars, and could periodically take place at present.

Some of the more common features that are natural but are mistaken for "alien" proof are the "tunnels" of Mars, the "trees," and a whole host of flat surfaces and straight edges that people read too much into.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

JadeStar

lostbook

S&F

It's nature.

Funny cause ancient aliens has actually made the case for plateaus here on earth being made by aliens. They say there is no way man could have ever flattened the top of mountains.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Looks natural to me.

Maybe oneday we will see a bonafide artificial structure constructed by somebody else. Wouldn't that be trippy? *grabs a good science fiction book*

<< 1    3 >>

join