It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Kofun Era Tomb Like Structure Found On Mars

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

A massive structure appears isolated on a flat empty plane. The sides of the structure appear to have straight edges that run down to a large circular 'dot' formation at its base.

NASA says the straight edges may be the result of fractures, related to fractures or a hill that was lifted up by the faulting and its current shape was the result of the surrounding terrain having been eroded down over billions of years.

Interestingly, despite extensive erosion over the structure, the formation exhibits remarkable symmetry.

Source : www.ufo-blogger.com...

The main question here is "how do erosional forces round the edges and the surface of the 'dot' and not the rectilinear section?" The answer is, it didn't. Given their isolated location it is highly unlikely they are composed of different material.

The obvious symmetry of mars structure goes against natural forces. Symmetry in nature is found in biological systems whereas inanimate objects exposed to environmental forces tend towards randomness and abstraction.
edit on 18-1-2014 by awakehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Well, it sits smack dab in the middle of a river bed. So there's that possibility.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by awakehuman

Interesting find. I tend to figure only those structures in the most ideal situation (location, geology, original size and composition, etc) would still be around (if Mars was once a thriving planet with sentient life, or even was once colonized.) After all, steel structures on Earth won't still be around in 20,000 years. Wood-frame homes certainly won't be. The pyramids, however, might be. In curious how large this structure on Mars is.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It definitely doesn't look natural. With all of the pictures we see. I for one am convinced that there is more on Mars than we are led to believe.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This is actually quite good compared to all the blurred-nonsense-pictures and claims we usually see about Mars. Thanks for posting.

S+F
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This one would seem highly difficult to thoroughly debunk. It seems like a genuine anamoly.

However, I am quite certain we will have debunkers tell us this is a natural formation. Just the product of wind and erosion, we will hear.

If you gave a monkey a computer could they type a replica of War and Peace? Seems to be pretty much that sort of unlikely that this is a natural formation to me.
edit on 18-1-2014 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2014 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Cool. I wonder what the de-bunkers will have to say about this one.

S&F

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I wonder if the Kofun era tomb makers lined up their tombs with the planets and constellations. What if the tomb in question was lined up with Mars?

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Who needs "Debunkers" and "Believers" anyway? Cant we just enjoy the spirit of free inquiry and mystery for a little?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Interesting, very like the ancient keyhole structures around the world. As someone showed like the Japanese ones.

www.science-frontiers.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I have to agree that this is not the typical result of wind or water erosion.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Again, it sits in the middle of a riverbed. It is a product of water erosion.

I guess its cool that it looks sorta like a type of tomb here on Earth, but it isn't a tomb. It actually looks like it was surrounded by a substantial amount of water at one point.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Double. Sorry
edit on 18-1-2014 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Marvin the Martian left a huge !

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Agreed. And furthermore you would expect erosion to whittle down the structure to what it now looks like on Mars.

Very interesting indeed. S & F to the OP.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It's an exclamation mark, not a keyhole, we've been analysing it upside down...

They're trying to get our attention? "Look here, at the mysteries of this closest of close home-like worlds..!"

Seriously, I doubt natural. Same way I doubt the 'face' was natural (despite more recent photoshops to make it appear more eroded than it is).

Wasn't sure about the 'five sided pyramid' though.

Mars is awesome..! ..! ..!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Just one of the many weird-looking eroded plateaus on Mars. Like this fella nearby (Google Earth screenshot):

A monkey on Mars! :-D

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
is

it

mathematically proportionate?

Build it UP from the erosion and go from there.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Definitely one of the better mars anomalies. As a former stonemason, I have spent years looking at rocks and rock formations. I have seen plenty of earth rocks and large scale natural stone structures that are practically unbelievable, so I would never rule out that this is just a weird natural formation. However, that doesn't rule out that it could be a very ancient construction either. Nobody can say for sure from this distance.

That said, I wish some of these people enthusiastically posting every rat/face/lizard mars rock would take some random pics of earth's rocky areas and realize how easy it is to find rocks that look like stuff. So far I have only been mildly intrigued by the this and the "vertebrae" pics. Unfortunately proving anything requires close examination.

Thanks for the post OP

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

wildespace
Just one of the many weird-looking eroded plateaus on Mars. Like this fella nearby (Google Earth screenshot):

A monkey on Mars! :-D

ZOMG!

Visit - MARS!

(Oh, I'm on the side of completely natural formations by the way, even though they look remarkably odd to us it's just the whorls of eons and forces carving pareidolia for us to oogle over)
edit on 18-1-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join