It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware of Fake Syria Propaganda – Another Campaign Exposed!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

BelowLowAnnouncement
reply to post by DJW001

and those who starred you? Pathetic.
Now there's a conspiracy! Only one other person has posted with like minded opinion, yet so many stars!

Good post CE. Crap like this NEEDS to be exposed. I hope the guy who took the photo chases down those who used it.

Anyone who wants to take a look on youtube can find fricken HOURS of footage of FAKE msm reports.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

VoidHawk

BelowLowAnnouncement
reply to post by DJW001

and those who starred you? Pathetic.
Now there's a conspiracy! Only one other person has posted with like minded opinion, yet so many stars!

Good post CE. Crap like this NEEDS to be exposed. I hope the guy who took the photo chases down those who used it.

Anyone who wants to take a look on youtube can find fricken HOURS of footage of FAKE msm reports.

The symmetry is amazing. Please explain your position.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

No, you explain your position first and answer the questions that have been asked. Your side-deflections have been duly noted sir and you are a disgrace. Stop trying to turn this into a conflict, let's turn this into a dialogue where we discuss things respectfully among fellow humans?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Corruption Exposed
reply to post by DJW001

No, you explain your position first and answer the questions that have been asked. Your side-deflections have been duly noted sir and you are a disgrace. Stop trying to turn this into a conflict, let's turn this into a dialogue where we discuss things respectfully among fellow humans?

Its getting the post count up so helps make the thread visible

I followed the linky in your siggy, some fine posting there matey

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Propaganda works both ways, but those with western attitudes seem to be much more vulnerable to it.

Nice find, and I do wish for others to keep a sharp eye out as well. It does make a difference.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

VoidhHawk I always appreciate your participation around here as you are an unbiased voice of reason and that is very rare so thank you for showing up and sharing your opinion.

I find that important topics are ignored around here lately depending on the messenger.

Either way you are still the man and you helped point out the idiocy of a few members.

Cheers for that

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Corruption Exposed
reply to post by DJW001

Delighted. There is a civil war going on in Syria. It is tragic. Assad, the dictator, is a member of a minority: the Alawites. He receives support, both financial and material (ie; weapons) from Russia and Iran. Can we agree on this much?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

here is a civil war going on in Syria. It is tragic. Assad, the dictator, is a member of a minority: the Alawites. He receives support, both financial and material (ie; weapons) from Russia and Iran. Can we agree on this much?

Theres nothing civil about what is occurring inside Syria. The Government and people of Syria are besieged by an insurgency from without, not within. Funded, armed and led by Insurgents. If Assad was such a minority figure how could he have stood all this time with so many forces arrayed against him?

Nice try making it look all internal and the Russian commies the bad guys. If anything they are coming to Syria's rescue as much as they can. More power to them.

The US (Assad Must Go!) is plainly carrying on the same destabilization (and Conquest) of the region just like Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

DJW001

Corruption Exposed
reply to post by DJW001

Delighted. There is a civil war going on in Syria. It is tragic. Assad, the dictator, is a member of a minority: the Alawites. He receives support, both financial and material (ie; weapons) from Russia and Iran. Can we agree on this much?

And you want the minority to be taken out so that what can take place ?

In the months before all this began, Netanyahu was saying how they were funding 60,000 insurgents to destabilize Syria, and then suddenly an all out war for no apparent reason begins... nothing to see there right ?

If all of what you say is true, why do you defend sources that use pictures from elsewhere as proof of anything at all ?

And why the need to portray it with fake sources, just another incompetence plea ? Oh please believe something I guess!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

You clearly have no understanding as to the reality of what is happening in Syria. That much is obvious and the fact that you are getting all of these stars for such ignorant regurgitation of the West's version is unbelieveable, literally. Let me guess you are the kind of person who believes that we brought democracy to Iraq! The atrocities that are being committed on a daily basis by these foreign insurgents is not hard to find they openly boast about them, look into them teaching children how to behead Syrian civilians, or how about that gem of a video of one of the "rebels" eating a heart he had just removed. Honestly, this thread is spot on in what it is accopmlishing and that is helping see through the illusion of Asssad as a bogeyman dictator who is oppressing his people to a leader who is defending his entire nation from well armed and trained wahhabist's.
edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago01America/Chicago131amSunday2 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Corruption Exposed
reply to post by xuenchen

No doubt Xuenchen, so many theatrics are coming out of that region that everything must be questioned. Turns out that this one got questioned and some interesting answers were provided.

Saudi Arabian uncle and nephew doing some family time photography and all of a sudden they unwillingly become an internet sensation and dragged into the Syrian propaganda campaign war. Like I said earlier, when I first saw this I honestly felt sad, then thought about it and it just did not feel right then I bump into this article.

I think we need to start trusting our gut instincts more often, but that being said we must also keep an open mind and not let our biases and or preconceived notions dictate our though process.

I probably won't be able to post back in here until tomorrow so everyone have a good night, even you DJ

Cheers Xuenchen been a while man, hope all is well.
edit on 1/18/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

As predicted: two posts, neither of which address any of the questions raised. Why did this Saudi Arabian take a photo of his nephew snuggling between two graves, do you suppose? Is this macabre image funny? Why is no-one interested in the real story behind this photo?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Thank you for the thread here and bringing this to everyone's attention C.E! I recall that city scene fraud when it came out and a few others over time. I don't know what it is about the Syria campaign in particular but truth didnt just die there...it wasn't even allowed to be buried within the borders of the conflict. I mean, really... It's come to where I don't believe anything out of there without at least 2 independent corroborating sources ..and then, I'm uneasy for how anything can be faked with enough skill or effort (skill not needed here, it appears)

link   
reply to post by DJW001

Thanks for the bump bro.

link   

intrptr
reply to post by DJW001

here is a civil war going on in Syria. It is tragic. Assad, the dictator, is a member of a minority: the Alawites. He receives support, both financial and material (ie; weapons) from Russia and Iran. Can we agree on this much?

Theres nothing civil about what is occurring inside Syria. The Government and people of Syria are besieged by an insurgency from without, not within. Funded, armed and led by Insurgents. If Assad was such a minority figure how could he have stood all this time with so many forces arrayed against him?

Nice try making it look all internal and the Russian commies the bad guys. If anything they are coming to Syria's rescue as much as they can. More power to them.

The US (Assad Must Go!) is plainly carrying on the same destabilization (and Conquest) of the region just like Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya.

I agree there is nothing civil about that war. Assad was able to maintain his power through force. Where did I say it was all internal? Where did I say the Russians are bad guys? They are coming to the aid of one side in the conflict, not "Syria." The US has not interfered in the conflict until recently. I have stated many times elsewhere that it should not.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

elementalgrove
reply to post by DJW001

You clearly have no understanding as to the reality of what is happening in Syria. That much is obvious and the fact that you are getting all of these stars for such ignorant regurgitation of the West's version is unbelieveable, literally. Let me guess you are the kind of person who believes that we brought democracy to Iraq! The atrocities that are being committed on a daily basis by these foreign insurgents is not hard to find they openly boast about them, look into them teaching children how to behead Syrian civilians, or how about that gem of a video of one of the "rebels" eating a heart he had just removed. Honestly, this thread is spot on in what it is accopmlishing and that is helping see through the illusion of Asssad as a bogeyman dictator who is oppressing his people to a leader who is defending his entire nation from well armed and trained wahhabist's.
edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago01America/Chicago131amSunday2 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

So you think this photograph is being circulated by the rebels? Why?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Good morning Wrabbit, you are correct so much propaganda coming out of there that it is disgusting and hard to keep track of. Both sides are heavily into falsifying reports.

I am not there and not experiencing it but from what I can see we caused what is going on there...

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

During conflict, winning over the hearts and minds of people has always been almost as effective as blowing them to little pieces.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Corruption Exposed

Good morning Wrabbit, you are correct so much propaganda coming out of there that it is disgusting and hard to keep track of. Both sides are heavily into falsifying reports.

I am not there and not experiencing it but from what I can see we caused what is going on there...

CANADIANS caused the Syrian civil war? Or is the "we" in that sentence referring to yourself as a Muslim? Please explain yourself.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Corruption Exposed

Well, it isn't often I agree with saying we caused something in the world...but here? Generally speaking? Yeah. It looks from my view as if we caused this.

Sure...it did start differently. By no means spontaneous or people-powered how it appeared...but the calls for regime change that sparked the initial protests and response from Damascus in Homs were probably the last point where non-Governmental activity was happening at all... I think Western and US Intelligence in particular saw a 'once in a generation chance' to knock out the last remaining old-school hold out to "reshaping the Middle East" and they took it.

.....as if we have any right, on any level whatsoever to "reshape" ANYTHING but our own nation.

SO much death these days around the world ...just to prove who can pee further.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

DJW001

Corruption Exposed
reply to post by iRoyalty

I hear ya, there's at least one in every thread...

Some people may consider this as trivial, but when I first saw this I was sad for the boy, then my spidey senses started tingling and I came across the article mentioned in the OP so I thought I would help straighten this out as people are promoting this all over Twitter and Facebook.

I have seen a few other similar hoaxes, or incorrectly portrayed images recently.

Since this forum is about deconstructing disinformation, what aspect of this image do you find objectionable? In what way is it different from an actor portraying a doctor in a commercial for antacid? Are you trying to imply that there are no orphans in Syria, therefore this photograph is inherently misleading? It is as though you are trying to convey the impression that there is no civil war in Syria. Why did you really start this thread?

i couldn't have said it better , this picture was also circulated here in my country but had nothing to do with Syria , it was written underneath it "a boy who lost his parents in an accident in Saudi Arabia" that was it , and then after a couple of days those who published the pictures published the second one , so why expose them self's if they had the intention to lie ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join