It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin: Gays at Olympics Must "Leave Children At Peace"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Christian Voice
You argue for homosexuality with supposed scientific evidence which is a lie.

Not directed at me but ... I'll take it.
There is nothing 'supposed' about the evidence I presented.

You said ... show that animals can be homosexual.
So I did.
You said ... show that animals have human emotions.
So I did.
And I said that emotions are not required in order to have sexual attraction.

Solid scientific evidence. Deal with it.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by Advantage

Pity it just re opened
..anyone else find ATS has been a much more pleasurable place while those forums were shut down?.

Good.. then it may be contained. LOL!!
And yeah, that guys shoes are FABULOUS!! LOL!!

link   

Advantage
It COULD have been a great thread if it was appropriately discussed.

Seriously true.

It's a shame really. But I guess the good thing to come out of it is the reminder that there
is a lot of education that needs to happen on this subject.

link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You're completely side stepping my point. They're both sexual disorders, plain and simple. But then I suppose you have a twisted definition of "disorder" ready to go too, right?

Homosexuality isn't something that should be glorified, its something that we should focus on preventing just like pedophelia. That's all I'm saying. As I've stated many times on these boards, I have nothing against gay people, its the condition itself that I hate.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Believe me I'm not spinning out of anything. No need to. You imply lower animals are driven by sexual desire instead of hormone induced instinct, insinuating they are horny frat guys and nothing more and then comparing homosexuals to them and I'm the bad guy here ?

link   

FlyersFan

Advantage
It COULD have been a great thread if it was appropriately discussed.

Seriously true.

It's a shame really. But I guess the good thing to come out of it is the reminder that there
is a lot of education that needs to happen on this subject.

My dear FF.. you know I like you.. but I have to tell you that NO amount of conversation or education will make a damned bit of difference.

link   

No, I said show me that animals had homosexual desire.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Christian Voice

I had a cocker spaniel who humped other boy dogs. He would also hump people's legs, pillows, bed posts. It is a dominance thing.

You had a puppy who wanted to dominate furniture? Sounds like a fetish to me. Sounds far more likely that it felt good to him, no? Yes.

By the way, please prove your claims: (1) Animals do not have sex for pleasure. (2) Animals do not have sex to strengthen social bonds. (3) Animals do not experience sexual desire.

/warms up the I Logical Fallacies for you.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Christian Voice
Animals are not driven by desire but by instinct. In the wild their instinct is to survive and multiply.

Um ... the instinct to survive and multiply would mean that there wasn't any same sex attraction.
And yet, we have hoards of animals that are displaying homosexual behaviors.
And they wouldn't be engaging in it unless they 'got off on it'. That's what motivates them.
Getting off and procreation. Obviously homosexual behavior doesn't include procreation so it must be
engaged in to 'get off'. Heck ... monkeys sit in trees and masterbate on a regular basis .. obviously
for pleasure .. because masterbation doesn't scratch that instinctive itch to procreate.

right back atchya. You are dead wrong.

Why are you so afraid of the FACT that there is homosexual behavior in the animal kingdom?
It's a fact. I showed it. Why can't you admit it?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Bone75

You're completely side stepping my point. They're both sexual disorders, plain and simple. But then I suppose you have a twisted definition of "disorder" ready to go too, right?

Homosexuality isn't something that should be glorified, its something that we should focus on preventing just like pedophelia. That's all I'm saying. As I've stated many times on these boards, I have nothing against gay people, its the condition itself that I hate.

What evidence do you have that homosexual behavior is a sexual disorder? Any legitimate scientific documentation will do.

Also, would you tell us why you HATE homosexual behavior? And why you don't avoid participating in it if you have such a strong reaction to it?

edit on 16Fri, 17 Jan 2014 16:45:40 -060014p042014166 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

You are right by that. I will leave you all to the original discussion and will not divert it anymore. The argument is pointless.
It was a pleasure debating with you though my friend. You guys enjoy the rest of the debate

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Bone75
Homosexuality isn't something that should be glorified, its something that we should focus on preventing ...

And how are you going to do that when the fact is that people are born that way?
And why should it be 'prevented'?? It doesn't hurt anyone.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
self edited. I probably am getting off topic and don't want to get a warning ...
edit on 1/17/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Religion is something that should be between consenting adults in the privacy of their own homes or places of worship, not the workplace, government, schools or anywhere else. It's not natural to believe in a make believe book from 2000 years ago. A book that has caused so many wars in the last millennium. They choose this lifestyle, they are not born religious, it's not natrual. I find them offensive and wouldn't want my children around them.

The pope has removed 400 pedophile priests in the last two years and yet these religious folks still try to take higher moral ground.

I'm religiousphobic. 

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Christian Voice
I said show me that animals had homosexual desire.

If they didn't have a desire to hump critters of their own sex ... then they wouldn't do it. Ya' know?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Christian Voice

You are right by that. I will leave you all to the original discussion and will not divert it anymore. The argument is pointless.
It was a pleasure debating with you though my friend. You guys enjoy the rest of the debate

So, you admit that have no evidence and you made baseless claims. I'll put your hat in the mail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I believe that the original question was about the dangers at the upcoming Olympic Games associated with the Russian laws regarding homosexuals including the apparent untoward assumption that gays are also pedophiles..

I'm wondering if the recent bruhaha over Ivan Okhlobyst's comments about putting gays in ovens might be important in the conversation: (The Blaze - Russian TV Star Says Gays Should be Burned Alive)

I think that might go a bit beyond the "hey, it's their house, their rules" argument ... or does it?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

FlyersFan
self edited. I probably am getting off topic and don't want to get a warning ...
edit on 1/17/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

Me too.. then I got old. LOL!
In getting old I decided that I wasnt going to worry that much about what others do in the bedroom.. and pretty much demand I be left alone in my own bedroom. If its between 2 adults.. its NONE of my business. I dont ask folks the moment I meet them who they poke before befriending them because it really doesnt matter. I believe in God and I figure he knows what he is doing within each person without my input. Far be it from me to push things on others.. and speak for God.
If Putin and the Orthodox church in Russia are comfortable doing that, thats on them. If there are people who support that, refuse to acknowledge free will, and think that it is the government's job to legislate a persons private sexuality or sexual identity.. well, thats on them too.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Bone75
But then I suppose you have a twisted definition of "disorder" ready to go too, right?

What part of .. my degree is in psychology and I studied disorders ... don't you get?
In the past, the DSM has listed homosexuality as a disorder.
It no longer is considered a disorder by much of the psychology field.
And obviously, by the information I presented, you can see that it DOES happen in the animal kingdom.
People engaging in homosexuality harm no one. So why the old testament style stigma?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Bone75
Homosexuality isn't something that should be glorified, its something that we should focus on preventing ...

And how are you going to do that when the fact is that people are born that way?
And why should it be 'prevented'?? It doesn't hurt anyone.

Well there is a prenatal treatment that looks promising. It was developed to keep kids from being born hemophrodites, but has the added benefit of preventing homosexuality in some cases as well. As far as thinking homosexuality doesn't harm anyone, I say tell that to a straight kid who's adopted by 2 gay men. Its one thing to wake up in the middle of the night to the sound of mom and dad getting it on, but dad and dad? To think that would have no effect on a kid is simply delusional.

Oh and you guys should drop the religion baiting... just saying.
edit on 17-1-2014 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

No it wouldn't.

Gay people bringing up kids do not make them gay and actually have a well rounded upbringing.
My Uncle and his Husband have adopted two kids a girl and a boy both came from very bad familys and were beaten and abused they have brought them up with the care and love they couldn't get before and are smashing kids.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join