It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin: Gays at Olympics Must "Leave Children At Peace"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
As long as there are judgemental bigots like Putin as world leaders, there will always be people willing to fight tooth and nail for THEIR beliefs. Too bad, really; they are missing out on enjoying some awesome people.
No mater what a persons belief, it seems pretty hypocritical to stand behind a few words on paper and ignore the many others.
I realize some consider homosexuality to be a sin, so it seems Christianity is sorely failing to teach these people 'love the sinner; hate the sin', or they wouldn't be fighting with such homophobic venom.
I have a feeling that if karma is true, Putin and a whole lot of other people will experience gender identity issues in their next life.
Scientific research is beginning to show that gender identity/ homosexuality is NOT a 'choice'....something I've suspected all along. Why fight with such judgemental bitterness before all the facts are known? Wouldn't it make more sense to pick a more worthy battle? Like child abuse? Hunger? Poverty?
The energy that's wasted spouting hateful, biased rhetoric could surely be put to better causes.

I'm straight, in case anybody is wondering. I think it's by genetics, but can't prove it.

edit on 500000055America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: Correct spelling

P.S. I personally think Putin is trying to divert attention from suicide bombers and terrorist threats. It seems to be working.
edit on 500000055America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: To add comment

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Bone75

FlyersFan

Bone75
Homosexuality isn't something that should be glorified, its something that we should focus on preventing ...

And how are you going to do that when the fact is that people are born that way?
And why should it be 'prevented'?? It doesn't hurt anyone.

Well there is a prenatal treatment that looks promising. It was developed to keep kids from being born hemophrodites, but has the added benefit of preventing homosexuality in some cases as well. As far as thinking homosexuality doesn't harm anyone, I say tell that to a straight kid who's adopted by 2 gay men. Its one thing to wake up in the middle of the night to the sound of mom and dad getting it on, but dad and dad? To think that would have no effect on a kid is simply delusional.

Oh and you guys should drop the religion baiting... just saying.
edit on 17-1-2014 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

Why do you assume that the two dads wouldn't take the normal precautions that any parents would take to prevent their children from being exposed to their sexual activities?

What effect do you think that the child, if they did inadvertently 'hear something' would be any more traumatized than any other kid would be, hearing their parents "getting it on" as you so classily put it?

Again, considering your previously stated hatredfor homosexual behavior, why don't you just stop doing it? One assumes that if you don't like it, you wouldn't do it. I mean, you must be talking about your own experiences, right?

Surely what other people do in their own private lives and homes doesn't affect you that badly... right?

Finally, what do you mean by "religious baiting" can you be more specific?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

As far as thinking homosexuality doesn't harm anyone, I say tell that to a straight kid who's adopted by 2 gay men.

Maybe you can help mentor this poor victim of homosexual parents, because he seems to be pretty disillusioned according to your logic.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

You should definitely have a read here.

Is homophobia associated with homosexual arousal?

Abstract
The authors investigated the role of homosexual arousal in exclusively heterosexual men who admitted negative affect toward homosexual individuals. Participants consisted of a group of homophobic men (n = 35) and a group of nonhomophobic men (n = 29); they were assigned to groups on the basis of their scores on the Index of Homophobia (W. W. Hudson & W. A. Ricketts, 1980). The men were exposed to sexually explicit erotic stimuli consisting of heterosexual, male homosexual, and lesbian videotapes, and changes in penile circumference were monitored. They also completed an Aggression Questionnaire (A. H. Buss & M. Perry, 1992). Both groups exhibited increases in penile circumference to the heterosexual and female homosexual videos. Only the homophobic men showed an increase in penile erection to male homosexual stimuli. The groups did not differ in aggression. Homophobia is apparently associated with homosexual arousal that the homophobic individual is either unaware of or denies.[/b]

I hope this helps you find peace with the cognitive dissonance that you have had to endure your whole life. Take comfort in knowing that you are not alone, there are other men out there just like yourself. It was pretty obvious anyways, look at your avatar name, "Bone75", that's Freudian slip if I've ever heard one.

edit on 17-1-2014 by ZombieJesus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

Oh the horror! He is well-spoken, well-mannered, and well-dressed... how dare he be anything but a wreck or blight on society?! Raised by two same sex parents. Tsk tsk.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
double post

edit on 1/17/2014 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Praise God for giving the world such a fine example of a 'MAN' as V Putin!

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyFishFrog

I know, its terrible the way this young heathen has turned out. Could you imagine a world with more people like that? It would be hell on Earth I tell ya, hell on Earth!

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Well said and great link for the homophobic study, shame I can't give you a flag.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Yes, what will we do, especially if they are all that intelligent too. This poor poor planet and this poor poor progressive society. We will never recover.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Bone75

FlyersFan

Bone75
its about protecting children's minds from the gay acceptance agenda.

'Gay acceptance agenda' .... what is that?
Do you mean - 'educate people that homosexuality is naturally found in animal species'??
So Russia ... and you? ... are against biology education?

Well since you brought it up, pedophelia is just as "natural". So if there's nothing wrong with a homosexual acting on his unconventional sexual desires, then there shouldn't be anything wrong with a pedophile acting on his. Why should we condemn one but glorify the other? Poor pedophiles. (for the record, I'm not defending pedophiles... just making a point)

What a complete load of rubbish. If you can't see how one of these is completly wrong, then that is worrying. pedophiles abuse children. homosexuals have relationships, like straight people.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
sick of all these homophobic countries that claim they are countries of freedom. how can there be laws against being gay people and declare freedom of anything. people are gay if we like it or not you cant make laws against human behaviour it cant and wont work proven for over 100s of years.
but this man is old school and stuck in his mind set the next generation might be more open minded

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I've been doing some reading . . .
I'd be curious to know how people arguing the case that there isn't any connection between homosexuality and pedophilia deal with the inclusion of the North American Man Boy Love Association, (NAMBLA), in the International Lesbian and Gay Association, (ILGA), up until 1994 when ILGA lost their consultive status at the UN do to the inclusion of NAMBLA.

ILGA started out as the International Gay Association, (IGA), in 1978 and changed its name to International Lesbian and Gay Association in 1986. NAMBLA was the first US member of IGA, so that would be a considerable amount of time that the two organizations were associated together.

From what I read, there was some dissension within ILGA, (Mostly in the US from what I could find), prior to 1994 over the inclusion of NAMBLA, but it wasn't until they lost their consultive status to the UN and there was a very public outcry over the inclusion of NAMBLA, that ties were actually severed. A person could be forgiven for wondering if this wasn't in the interest of political expediency rather than moral outrage.

It seems that at least some members of ILGA saw a connection between their interests and the interests of NAMBLA, right up until it wasn't politically beneficial to do so. I also think it's interesting that ILGA is an international association and that the dissension over the inclusion of NAMBLA seems to have had its focal point in the US, again, at least from what I read. I can't help but wonder whether or not that has some significance.

edit on 17-1-2014 by TheConspiracyPages because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2014 by TheConspiracyPages because: I can't spell

edit on 17-1-2014 by TheConspiracyPages because: and I leave out the little words

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I'm still trying to figure out how on one hand you folks on here claim a homosexual is born that way (insinuating you were homosexual as a child) and yet on the other hand claim that homosexuality is only between consenting adults ? I am so very confused by this one.
So are all of the 14, 15, 16 year old "homosexuals" that are supposedly "bullied" in our schools everyday not really homosexuals ? Come on guys, help me out on this one. Either you are born gay or you turn gay as soon as you become an adult.
SMDH!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by MrSpad

Again you are implying that all homosexuals are consenting adults which is a load of crap. How do you on one hand imply that a homosexual is born gay and on the other hand imply they only are gay once they hit adulthood ? I'm confused by this.

If two adults want to have sex then is completely fine. Be it same sex or opposite. It is also a matter of course that two teens or even tweens will often have sex with each other be it same sex or opposite. However your seeming intertrest in sex with tweens is not fine. All I am implying is if you have this interest that you should seek help because a mature adult should not be taking advantage of a confused developing child. You seem to attack homosexuals as an excuse to convince yourself and others that if they can be excepted than so should your seeming desire for under age persons. It is not the same and if you can not see that you should seek help.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

I am in no way trying to convince myself of anything. I was making the argument about pedophilia and homosexuality, period. I don't understand the inner workings of people like you. I disagree with homosexuality so I must be a closet gay ? BULL!!! I make the argument of how similar homosexuality and pedophilia are and now I'm a closet pedophile ? BULL!! See, this is why debating with people like you always ends up sucking. You eventually throw it all to the wind and go stupid and make retarded claims simply because you are on the losing end of the equation. You still never answered how someone is born gay and yet not gay until adulthood. So now please quit trying to recruit me into your perversion and help me understand this.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Bone75

FlyersFan

Bone75
Homosexuality isn't something that should be glorified, its something that we should focus on preventing ...

And how are you going to do that when the fact is that people are born that way?
And why should it be 'prevented'?? It doesn't hurt anyone.

Well there is a prenatal treatment that looks promising. It was developed to keep kids from being born hemophrodites, but has the added benefit of preventing homosexuality in some cases as well. As far as thinking homosexuality doesn't harm anyone, I say tell that to a straight kid who's adopted by 2 gay men. Its one thing to wake up in the middle of the night to the sound of mom and dad getting it on, but dad and dad? To think that would have no effect on a kid is simply delusional.

Oh and you guys should drop the religion baiting... just saying.
edit on 17-1-2014 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)
Bone, I understand you have the ability to post on this site (as do all of us obviously), but let make it clear that you're not obligated to do it. It's more than fine if you just sit out or god forbid, think before you post something.

If you truly believe that kids hearing their parents have sex is somehow valid case for homosexuality needing to be eradicated, then perhaps homosexuals aren't the ones with mental issues here.

Back to the subject at hand, what Putin said is something I would expect from someone like Pat Robertson, not a president (especially in 2014). I mean, the idea that a person with power and responsibility would say something that stupid is just frightening.
edit on 17-1-2014 by technical difficulties because: relevance

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by technical difficulties

Wow, you totally missed the forest for the trees.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Why is it a perversion? being gay? I just don't understand how two consenting adults doing what they do effects you at all and what gives you the right to judge them?.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

HOLY CRAP!!!! You found one single example of someone supposedly straight and raised by homosexuals and supposedly normal as can be (which will never truly be known). I am so proud of that little example from youtube you presented. Even the sun shines on a dog's butt.....

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join