It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US House spending bill includes full $3.1 billion for Israel

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

illuminnaughty
The Afghans got 3 times as much? Perhaps its for the opium which has increased since the west took over. The taliban gang had begun to stock pile it and cut the bush gang out of the deal. bin ladin was bushs dealer in the afghan opium for weapons. Which helped to defeat those evil commies. I`m surprised the yanks didnt give bin ladin a medal for helping to defeat those pesky commies.

No the Taliban did not stockpile opium. When they took over they burned the poppy fields Afghanistan went from the top producer in the world to the bottom of the list.
edit on 16-1-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

It seemed to me that the OP and all of the discussion in the thread referred to the three billion dollar figure. Are you suggesting we change the analysis now?

No the figure of 3.1 billion is still right. The 3.1 is in direct aid the rest is in indirect aid. Such as loans, grants, contracts and other things that is just given to them.

If you'd care to look at the second link I posted you will see that the military aid for Afghanistan is about 30 times the economic aid to that country.

Yes it is higher because we are rebuilding and retraining of their military. If it weren't for this then the aid to them would be basically pocket change.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Why focus just on this?

-- $19 billion for the Richard B. Russell National School Lunch Act. (Title IV)
-- $75 million for the Comprehensive School Safety Initiative
-- $88 million for "youth mentoring grants"
-- $500,000 for a "Internet site providing information and resources on children of incarcerated parents"
-- We apparently spend $3 million on the Office of Ethics...
-- Agricultural Marketing Service....$79 million
-- For necessary expenses to carry out services authorized by the Federal Meat Inspection Act, the Poultry Products Inspection Act, and the Egg Products Inspection Act...$1,010,689,000

I can find approximately 1000 more examples....Israel aid is nothing compared to the pork we spend on unaccountable domestic spending.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

ownbestenemy

Why focus just on this?

-- $500,000 for a "Internet site providing information and resources on children of incarcerated parents"
-- For necessary expenses to carry out services authorized by the Federal Meat Inspection Act, the Poultry Products Inspection Act, and the Egg Products Inspection Act...$1,010,689,000

I can find approximately 1000 more examples....Israel aid is nothing compared to the pork we spend on unaccountable domestic spending.

At least that money is being spent here. Not sent overseas. Any money spent here is better than foreign aid. So are you against programs that help the poor in America?

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

buster2010
That was one of the main reasons why I backed Ron Paul. Because he wanted to stop foreign welfare I mean aid.

Why are you trying to put us mercenaries out of a job....shame on you trying to increase the unemployment rate...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

buster2010
At least that money is being spent here. Not sent overseas. Any money spent here is better than foreign aid. So are you against programs that help the poor in America?

Yes, I am against money spent on the poor.....how the hell did you derive that?!?

Look, money to Israel bad...indeed. Money spent into the bureaucracy of the of programs I highlighted is somehow for the "poor"?

By the way, the total of foreign aid, according to a simple search is $52 billion; and you decided that the 3.1 to Israel is the kicker? We are giving $1.2 to "Near East" promotion of democratic reform...

Don't get me wrong, I don't think we should be funding any foreign nation's military; supporting yes, but not funding. But I just hate the poor.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

buster2010

No the Taliban did not stockpile opium. When they took over they burned the poppy fields Afghanistan went from the top producer in the world to the bottom of the list.

The Taliban do whatever they want to stay in power. The vast majority of the opium trade in Afghanistan is how villages make ends meet. For us or the Taliban to destroy it you basically taking away a years worth of work for a village to live on. Nice controlling tool for us or the Taliban to use. Taliban is all about control and be the have's in a have not world. Not good by any measurement, but personally I don't care and we never should have gone in the first place even if they put their women below little boys and goats on the value scale of things...

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

It may be worth noting that we have just promised Iran over four billion dollars in the next six months.

You left out the part where they have to dismantle their legitimate nuclear program in order to get that money... money which was theirs in the first place! They are not being given money, they are getting access to some of their frozen bank accounts which hold about 4.2 billion dollars.

WASHINGTON: Iran will get US $ 4.2 billion of its blocked funds in phases under a six-month landmark nuclear deal, starting from next month.

"The US $ 4.2 billion in restricted Iranian assets that Iran will gain access to as part of the agreement will be released in regular installments throughout the six months. The final installment will not be available to Iran until the very last day," Secretary of State John Kerry said yesterday.

Ir an to get US $ 4.2 billion of blocked funds in phases

edit on 17/1/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

In addition to everything else happening right now this alone should be enough to make every single American demand an end to this. You have homeless children starving in the streets but you can support the tyrannical Israel regime...

I'm not judging, my country is full of Zionist stooges too but we don't have as much money to give...thank goodness!

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

teslahowitzer
Rarely, very rarely do I agree with buster, on this I kinda do. Ron is right, stop all welfare...period. But on this note do not forget egypt, africa, PR, etc. Let them all fix their own imbalances like responsible governments and stop sucking off of the people you claim to hate when the check is cashed. But Israel is not the only one, and per-reply cutoff at the point of they are the worst....they are one of many that need to be firmly independent, and then we can focus strictly on our own, isolationism we are facing now so nothing will change that in reality.....but they will "miss" us very soon...

Israel is the only one as far as Buster is concerned.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

buster2010

ownbestenemy

Why focus just on this?

Well they have been saying one way or another for years and openly. That the poor in america are simply a conduit for money to trickle back into the economy. In this case flow back into the economy. This is the philosophy expressed when POTUS talks about unemployment payments creating jobs, helping the economy. But its just a shell game, marry go round ect. Basic Keynesian economics.

And oh my the barnacles attached to the "help the poor" ship. The ticks, the leaches, the kickbacks. Its comical to hear folks talking about helping the poor like its some pure as the driven snow motivation, higher call of social justice, ect as if its money better spent than elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

OY! Mr. Moneybags over here giving money to rich countries too?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Izzy's pop is roughly 6 million.

Multiply that by $50,000.

That's $50,000 to each individual annually.

Are izraeli-individuals receiving this aid gratuitously?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

And in 2011, Afghanistan received three times the aid Israel did.

Two words...opium poppies.

Ok, two more...natural resources.

A few more....expect an American/NATO presence in Afghanistan for a long while and expect lots of funding too. Afghanistan is a honey pot and it will not be easily let go. Even once the military completely pulls out (if it ever does) the corporations and their hired mercenaries (ex troops) will still be there and the funding will continue.

You can thank them the next time you are in severe pain and the doctor gives you which ever form of opiate he feels like prescribing you, or you can always go the way of the street and you know what I mean

When you bomb the # out of a country, invade it, and murder its innocents then yeah there is a lot of rebuilding to do too, so a lot of this "funding" to Afghanistan is actually being spent on American contractors.

As for Israel, they are another strategic asset in their region for the USA, plus it seems that Israel has a firm grasp on Uncle Sam's short and curlies...

I have no logical explanation for the funding of Israel, but the funding to Afghanistan is certainly not surprising in my opinion if you actually look at the bigger picture.
edit on 1/17/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Dear ChaoticOrder,

I'm sorry for my delay in getting back to you. I should probably tell you that my two favorite answers are "It depends," and "Yes, and no."

In this case, "Yes, and no" applies. You're quite correct that Iran will get the money conditionally, except for the 1/2 billion dollars they get before they take any action at all. But it's not exactly the case that Iran has to dismantle their nuclear program. All Iran has to do is tell the IAEA that they've diluted their 20% enriched Uranium to 5%, and not allow inspectors into any hidden places which they might, or might not, have the 20% stuff. Or, they could ship it out of the country to be held for six months. Even if they do dilute all of their 20% Uranium to 5%, the day they get their last installment check, they can start re-enriching the Uranium.

Their nuclear program won't be dismantled, they're just putting it on hold for a while, and getting a huge payout for doing it.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Is the US Government just printing money? There are many issues within the United States that need solving, such as the aftermath of the hurricane that effected many areas including New Orleans. Why Israeli cannot they support themselves?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I feel compassion for the author and like-minded posters in this thread.

It must be so time-consuming, mentally-draining and emotionally exhausting to spend so much time fixating on one country and attempting over and over and over again to drag it through the mud.

The intense hatred and disgust you feel for the country must expend a tremendous amount of energy.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Logarock

buster2010

ownbestenemy

Why focus just on this?

Well they have been saying one way or another for years and openly. That the poor in america are simply a conduit for money to trickle back into the economy. In this case flow back into the economy. This is the philosophy expressed when POTUS talks about unemployment payments creating jobs, helping the economy. But its just a shell game, marry go round ect. Basic Keynesian economics.

And oh my the barnacles attached to the "help the poor" ship. The ticks, the leaches, the kickbacks. Its comical to hear folks talking about helping the poor like its some pure as the driven snow motivation, higher call of social justice, ect as if its money better spent than elsewhere.

So which is better helping the poor to keep from starving to death or helping a wealthy nation to wipe another nation from the face of the planet? Which is what America is doing when we give aid to Israel they use the money to buy weapons and equipment that has already made over 500 villages to vanish not to mention the constantly moving border. The same thing that happened to the Native Americans in America is happening to the Palestinians in Palestine.
edit on 21-1-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

buster2010
US House spending bill includes full $3.1 billion for Israel

The US House of Representatives passed a $1.1 trillion omnibus bill on Wednesday that includes $3.1 billion in security assistance for Israel. That figure marks a restoration of funds back to levels not seen since the sequester on military spending in 2013, when all funding was automatically cut. A 2007 memorandum, committing the US to Israel's qualitative military edge over its neighbors in the region, commits US security support to the Jewish state at roughly $3 billion.

Isn't this nice of America. The government tells our vets we would like to help you but sorry there's no more money. But our so called representatives seem to have no problems with going out and borrowing money just to give it away and get nothing in return.

Why is Obama doing this? Doesn't he understand that Americans need this money? What is wrong with this man?!?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

On tonight, live from 10PM Eastern time!

Show thread with listening information

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join