It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US House spending bill includes full $3.1 billion for Israel

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
US House spending bill includes full $3.1 billion for Israel

The US House of Representatives passed a $1.1 trillion omnibus bill on Wednesday that includes $3.1 billion in security assistance for Israel. That figure marks a restoration of funds back to levels not seen since the sequester on military spending in 2013, when all funding was automatically cut. A 2007 memorandum, committing the US to Israel's qualitative military edge over its neighbors in the region, commits US security support to the Jewish state at roughly $3 billion.

Isn't this nice of America. The government tells our vets we would like to help you but sorry there's no more money. But our so called representatives seem to have no problems with going out and borrowing money just to give it away and get nothing in return.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This is exactly why I hoped for Ron Paul.

“What should our relationship be with Israel?” asked Newsmax contributor Doug Wead. “We should be their friend and their trading partner,” said Paul. “They are a democracy and we share many values with them. But we should not be their master. We should not dictate where their borders will be nor should we have veto power over their foreign policy…. I say [to Christian evangelicals who want foreign aid to Israel to continue] that our aid in the region is out of balance and it is wrong. Foreign aid does not help Israel. It is a net disadvantage. I say to them that “the borrower is servant to the lender” and America should never be the master of Israel…we should stop interfering with them. We should not dictate what she can and cannot do. We should stop trying to buy her allegiance. And Israel should stop sacrificing their sovereignty as an independent state to us or anybody else, no matter how well-intentioned.”

communities.washingtontimes.com...

More to the OP, he states this, according to the same article:

To me, foreign aid is taking money from poor people in this country and giving it to rich people in poor countries, and it becomes weapons of war

I couldn't agree more, Dr. Paul.
edit on PM16Thu, 16 Jan 2014 17:20:27 -0600pm01America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago2014-01-16T17:20:27-06:0005 by Adramelech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

$3.1 billion is just the cash.. Now we are giving them 6 Osprey's....not to mention many more billions in aid.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

RocksFromSpace

$3.1 billion is just the cash.. Now we are giving them 6 Osprey's....not to mention many more billions in aid.

We are also giving them a squadron of F35's for pennies on the dollar. The reason why we are doing this is because Israel got upset because we were selling some outdated jet fighters to Saudi Arabia.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Adramelech

This is exactly why I hoped for Ron Paul.

That was one of the main reasons why I backed Ron Paul. Because he wanted to stop foreign welfare I mean aid.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Our government can continue to spend billions on foreign aid, trillions on our military budget, billions on pork barrel projects, millions on corporate welfare, billions on bailing out banks, yet our representatives will be the first to complain about the cost of spending money on health care for American citizens and our veterans. I never hear the outcry by our representatives, nor voters, about the excessive amount of money being spent on military occupations, military hardware, research on new ways to kill and spy on Americans and our so called enemies.

The priorities should be on Americans at home, and our tax dollars shouldn't be going towards a war machine and foreign aid that's used to support our influence and occupations in other parts of the world.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I would love to see a list of the congressmen that voted against extending unemployment benefits and voted in favor of foreign aid. That's info that constituents should know.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Rarely, very rarely do I agree with buster, on this I kinda do. Ron is right, stop all welfare...period. But on this note do not forget egypt, africa, PR, etc. Let them all fix their own imbalances like responsible governments and stop sucking off of the people you claim to hate when the check is cashed. But Israel is not the only one, and per-reply cutoff at the point of they are the worst....they are one of many that need to be firmly independent, and then we can focus strictly on our own, isolationism we are facing now so nothing will change that in reality.....but they will "miss" us very soon...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

teslahowitzer
Rarely, very rarely do I agree with buster, on this I kinda do. Ron is right, stop all welfare...period. But on this note do not forget egypt, africa, PR, etc. Let them all fix their own imbalances like responsible governments and stop sucking off of the people you claim to hate when the check is cashed. But Israel is not the only one, and per-reply cutoff at the point of they are the worst....they are one of many that need to be firmly independent, and then we can focus strictly on our own, isolationism we are facing now so nothing will change that in reality.....but they will "miss" us very soon...

Actually the reason why America gives aid to Egypt is because of Israel. In the peace agreement between them America agreed to give Egypt 1.5 billion a year in aid. And just because you cut aid that in no way makes you an isolationist if you have to pay someone to be an ally then they were never an ally in the first place and they will never be an ally. Jefferson said it best allies with no one trade with everyone.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Just an FYI.

Oct 3, 2001 Ariel Sharon said:

“Every time we do something you tell me Americans will do this and will do that. I want to tell you something very clear, don’t worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it.”

www.veteranstoday.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It may be worth noting that we have just promised Iran over four billion dollars in the next six months. In addition to that money, consider what we give in routine foreign aid.

In our analysis of the numbers, of the President's 2011 foreign assistance request of $34.5 billion, 60% or $20.1 billion goes to Muslim nations, or those where a majority practice Islam. About 33% or the total budget, or $11.6 billion is awarded to Arab countries.
And a little over three billion goes to Israel?

www.foxnews.com...

And in 2011, Afghanistan received three times the aid Israel did.

www.themuslimtimes.org...

No one is surprised that buster2010 dislikes Israel, but he doesn't seem averse to sending out lots of money to the Islamic countries, which receive more than six times the amount going to the Jewish country. So, it's not spending the money he seems to object to, but the fact that Israel gets any of it.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Isn't this nice of America. The government tells our vets we would like to help you but sorry there's no more money. But our so called representatives seem to have no problems with going out and borrowing money just to give it away and get nothing in return.

I give you 100 stars and a multitude of applause for that statement alone.

While we neglect people in our country that matter but continue to coddle (ahem Israel) foreign nations when so much could be spent to HELP US DOMESTICALLY, that is the problem with out country—er, government.

Screw the poor, screw the vets, screw anyone who doesn't directly contribute to our well being with cold hard cash.

Our reps don't care about anything but the kickbacks, the perks, and the privileges they get by being reps and everything showered on them by those with money‚who influence them.

What do vets give them? Nothing. What do the poor give them? Nothing. What do lobbyists give them? Money. Lots of it. Enough said.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

No one is surprised that buster2010 dislikes Israel, but he doesn't seem averse to sending out lots of money to the Islamic countries, which receive more than six times the amount going to the Jewish country. So, it's not spending the money he seems to object to, but the fact that Israel gets any of it.

Maybe you should pay a little bit more attention to my posts. I am against all foreign aid not just aid to Israel. And seeing how we have blown up quite a few of these Muslim nations for no reason we owe it to them to help rebuild their nations. And your FOX news link is wrong if you include all the indirect aid that is given to Israel the total between 12 to 17 billion a year. And the money we are currently giving to Afghanistan goes towards training and rebuilding the nation we invaded and blew up for no reason.

How Much Does Israel Cost The Average American?

While so many Americans are subsisting on food stamps, losing their homes, and accumulating credit card debt they will never be able to pay off, the US is giving Israel $3 billion in direct foreign aid every year and, according to Congressman James Traficant, another $12-17 billion in indirect aid such as valuable military equipment deemed “scrapped,” loan guarantees, and preferential contracts. Israel is an affluent country with more than 10,000 millionaires and, according to the International Monetary Fund, was one of the few economies that weathered the 2008 financial storm nearly unscathed.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

buster2010

RocksFromSpace

We are also giving them a squadron of F35's for pennies on the dollar. The reason why we are doing this is because Israel got upset because we were selling some outdated jet fighters to Saudi Arabia.

And we borrow a good part of the money from China or Fed Reserve just prints it, damaging our credibility and currency value. In fact our foreign aide policy in general is bribery based and counter productive. How about no foreign aid to any country, instead give more tax deductions to US citizens who donate to programs that really help the poor, not the wealthy who control governments.

A group of high school kids could run this country better than these clowns. Ron Paul has better ideas than most, not sure he could get much done unless a 3rd party really had majority control. Disgusting what we've become, the founding fathers would feel that way too.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Dear buster2010,

I most humbly beg your pardon if I misinterpreted your position on foreign aid. If I was wrong, I apologize sincerely. Please consider it an error on my part and not a malicious attack.

And your FOX news link is wrong if you include all the indirect aid that is given to Israel the total between 12 to 17 billion a year.
It seemed to me that the OP and all of the discussion in the thread referred to the three billion dollar figure. Are you suggesting we change the analysis now?

Maybe you should pay a little bit more attention to my posts. I am against all foreign aid not just aid to Israel.
I'm sure you are, which is the reason for my apology. But it does seem a little odd that no other country or group of countries is mentioned (unless my memory is failing me, and that's been known to happen).

And seeing how we have blown up quite a few of these Muslim nations for no reason we owe it to them to help rebuild their nations. And the money we are currently giving to Afghanistan goes towards training and rebuilding the nation we invaded and blew up for no reason.
If you'd care to look at the second link I posted you will see that the military aid for Afghanistan is about 30 times the economic aid to that country.

But considering everything, I believe my comments stand untouched.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Where is America going to get billions of dollars to give away? China?

You can't 'buy' love, money or loyalty. If you try, the price keeps going up. And up, and up, and......

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

nugget1
Where is America going to get billions of dollars to give away? China?

You can't 'buy' love, money or loyalty. If you try, the price keeps going up. And up, and up, and......

Can I answer both questions?
Yes, from China and the tax payer.
Maybe not, but money can buy influence... even if its borrowed money.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The Afghans got 3 times as much? Perhaps its for the opium which has increased since the west took over. The taliban gang had begun to stock pile it and cut the bush gang out of the deal. bin ladin was bushs dealer in the afghan opium for weapons. Which helped to defeat those evil commies. I`m surprised the yanks didnt give bin ladin a medal for helping to defeat those pesky commies.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
It seems like the evangelicals still support Israel. I thought after their abortion bill passed they would be outraged and demand the US to stop giving them aide. I suppose that piece of news did not make it to the bible belt.

It amazes me how much foreign aide the US hands out, yet keeps cutting back on the domestic aide because they sat there is no money. Furthermore they are doing a great job of blaming the poor for things like welfare fraud and have many believe that is why we are short on money.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join