It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happening now and I never even realised

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I spoke to someone yesterday that I have not seen since 1996. I met him at the Barbican in London, he was an Inventor and I was an inventor and we were both displaying products, i then met him a few months later at the Southampton Science fair and we went out for a few beers.

So he worked in electronics and when I met him yesterday he told me something that I could never imagine and still cant believe it but it does seem true as I did a couple of searches and thing are happening as he told me, anyway here is the conversation roughly how it went.

Hi hows things not saw you for ages what are you doing ( Im going to call him X so you know when he was talking)

X : doing ok keeping busy.
Me: where are you working then.

X: I work in R& D developing the latest smart meters.

Me: Ive heard about them you run out of milk and your fridge orders you another pint from Tesco's.

X: ha ha' thats what they want you to think, i suppose if Tescos want to do that then they can but the power compaines have not invested £3.5 billion to make tescos money.

Me: So what is the point of them.

X: people are moaning about their eletric bills just now but they would give anything to get back to what they are paying now two years from now.

Me How.

X: I was involved in a meeting and the Chairman said its 316 miles from Birmingham to Scotland and people are moaning that it costs £60 to fill the tank full of gas. Ok so let them walk, I guarantee that after walking the first 16 miles and 300 miles in front of them they would gladly pay £60 they would gladly pay £600 rather than walk that 300 miles and would have a smile on their face as they paid you for it.

And that's where we come in, we produce power and at peak times we need more staff and have to produce more power to meet demand, what we want to do is make more profit and reduce staff and balance the usage out over 24 hours.

We are going to start charging per hour for electricity it will cost you 10 times as much to use power at 5 pm as it will at 5 am.

We will start by rationing power and have power cuts at peak times saying the demand is to much, we will have the press blame it on the unemployed (thats right) the unemployed will get the blame, we will say we cant meet the demand and people at home all day could do their washing at 12 noon or pre cook meals at 1pm, in fact why dont unemployed eat at 9 pm at night as thats what time most europeans eat,
We will blame the high prices are because unemployed people are causing the demand, people will blame the jobless saying if they can afford to run their electricity at peak times they are getting to much benefit etc.

We plan to make the cheapest hours in the daytime between 10am and 2 pm this way working people will moan that they sit at home watching daytime tv on the cheap when we get home we have to pay peak prices.

THEY WILL BLAME PEOPLE AT HOME ALL DAY FOR THE CRISIS and we will not have to do anything, they might even blame the disabled saying that charging motability scooters etc at inappropriate hours are to blame.

We have to create the image that the power companies have had no choice that it was the workshy and feckless who created this situation, it will be accepted without much protest as the thought is already been planted with articles in media on the unemployed sitting at home all day watching wide screen tv and Sky.

Once this has been excepted we can begin with the second stage and this is where you come in gentlemen ( speaking to electronic experts in the room)

Me Fck sake robbing Baskets.
X: wait a minute, it gets worse a lot worse.

(next page)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
What's Tescos?

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Where's the rest of the story?

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ChefSlug

It's a food store like Walmart in the US

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It gets a lot worse .....
(To be continued )
that. Is pure evil right there.
the power companies are pretty bad too though

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I may be speaking too soon, but looking outside of the evil corporation angle being presented, I think it boils down to a falling EROI, and the pressures this creates to push propaganda to keep the finger pointing everywhere but at the actual problem.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Get a copy people. This won't be around long.

- Where's page 2?
edit on 16-1-2014 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

So, only a couple of sentences into your first meeting in almost 20 years and he jt blurts out all this seriously corrupt sh!t. You dont think anybody involved in this at some point stated that it was top secret?

Though he wasted no time in spilling the beans to you, it's secret enough for you not to say his name?

And then you come on here and decide to tell the story in stages, leaving things on a sort of cliff hanger? Why?

No good reason for not finishing the story. Unless you're just looking to stir a reaction

its a good story, possible I wouldnt put anything past energy companies but i'm claiming bullsh*t on this one.

edit on 16-1-2014 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

EA006
reply to post by pavmas

Get a copy people. This won't be around long.

- Where's page 2?
edit on 16-1-2014 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

TPTB got him. Move along citizens. Nothing to see here. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

The whole earths consumer population is under attack. OPs story here
isn't BS. That's why it is laid out like it is, so the truth can be seen in it.
If they slowly erode our way of life among the different entities, that we
depend upon for our strength and way of life? We will never know where
to point our finger. Until it is to late and I believe that is their strongest
path to the depop they obviously desire. Those who deny this aren't
being realistic. So I am done arguing this point all together. Because it's
far to obvious to be up for debate.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

Must admit I fell for it then read your post and I agree.
Fibs this is just fibs.
It will never be allowed to happen, It would mean every energy company doing the same and not one turning around and taking all the market by doing it how it is now.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Problem is most unemployed people have meters installed instead of receiving a monthly bill, therefor they are in control of how much they spend on electric.
Sure they can hike the prices up, but do you think the poor will just stand back whilst the freeze to death during the winter? Riots are afoot if true.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Page 2
X: are you sure you want to hear this.
Me: yes
X@ ok so this guy goes on to speak, Our next stage will be to charge per appliance, if you run a fridge then you cant be expected to turn it off at 5 pm to 9pm so that will be just a few pence more in peak time, but a Playstation or x box or tv or charging your phone or on pc or laptop will be classed as luxury items and will cost a fee ( thats right a fee) if you use your laptop between 5pm and 9pm you will pay a fee plus the peak hour tarriff, so people will either sit looking at their fridge between 5pm till 9pm or pay for the privilage of using tv computers.

Molbile phone companies have off peak and on peak, trains have off peak and on peak, car parks have of peak and on peak every company charges off peak and on peak at busiest times, Christmas, Easter will have dearer tarriffs.

The R&D section will be split up and we want a deadicated team to work on controling appliancs through the S M (smart meter).

Our operators must have control of all appliances used in the property from their workstation.

For example if someone owes us £200 and is paying back £2 a week plus their present usage, then the operator can turn off the heating on a cold night forcing the householder to phone (the premium line) the operator can say " your allocation has been reached and so you don't fall further behind we can accept a payment of £50 now by debit card to restore that item, It could be £20 for a PS3 £14.50 for a Tv or Laptop.
If they don't pay they don't use.

We want Section 7 to concentrate on voice warning, if the line manager has a look at someones account and say we want them to pay another £15 per week, the operator will look at usage habits and if say at 6.35 pm everynight a user goes on his laptop and it is 6.20pm then the laptop will be blocked from connecting to the supply, the operator knows that this user will phone them within 15 mins, thats why we need to work on voice notification, so the user knows its not a fault and we have blocked it.

Your Group manager will show you what we want to achieve and timescale.

Any questions.

How will you get a way with this, people will just refuse to have them installed, new legislation will be brought in making it an act of terrorism to interfere with any work carried out by a power company and will be treated as saboutage.

But will schools not need to shut because they cant afford to heat the school' No No each school bill will be marked with NI (national interest) the same for police, army, hospitals etc. individuals such as lawyers, teachers, doctors, policemen, judges , social workers ,Mps of course will be exempt and I am pleased to say all power company employees, because they are NI tagged.

Each area will have a director who will be able to stamp any account as NI.

What about Children or the disabled, I understand that this issue has been decided on and Government will pay direct just as they pay directly to the BBC for licences for the over 75s for children, disabled people will be no different to anyone else, in fact the children payment is to be linked to attendance at school and unemployed who refuse to do community work will lose their credit, so an unemployed person with children will need to make sure he does unpaid work and his children don't miss school to maintain his NI stamp.

When will it come in, we are hoping by the end of 2014 start of 2015; we will have good press as we take on unemployed people for installation door to door contact etc. We expect the SMs to have all trials finished by May 2014.
\\\\\\\\\

That was what X told me, he said check it out' my company has been planning this since 2008 and nothing about it is in the media.
He said check Canada they are streets ahead of everyone.

I said that's immoral' he says I know but I have a family and bills to pay and there is not must 1 pesrson can do, I can't say that cant be done electronically, they will just sack me and employ someone else, and anyway they know it can be done because Canada has already started.
*****************************************************************************************
I found these 2 links and I was dumbfounded this is actually happening they are going to charge per appliance,
www.ontarioenergyboard.ca...

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by flammadraco

I was in the middle of writing it its there now. I dont know what to make of it, all I know is this guy is sound and he would not bull me.
If this is true we all need to wake up and wake up quick.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Also people who work shifts will not stand for this, they may try to charge for off peak/peak times but It will not happen...I don't know why Iam here this thread smells of BS and seeing the OP once told us all we are eating human meat....

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Your New York Times article is over four years old, and we've had off-peak power prices in the US for decades. You pay less for power if you run your washer or computer in off-peak hours, or you allow them a "cut off" on your air conditioner, preventing it from running when regional power consumption exceeds set amounts (pretty much 100% of the time in the afternoons of very hot days.) For the inconvenience, you can save a good bit of coin, and the power companies do it because it's less expensive than building new power plants.

Maybe it's the first you've heard of it, but there's not much to it.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

Hi no Im have talked to him on the pc , first time saw him in person in a few years, I have not seen my brother and sister in 10 years but still talk to them on facebook and send them a card, i just wished my sister a happy birthday, and if it another 10 years before I speak to them in person, it will just be lke I was talking to them last week,

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I just did a quick search to see what there was, and the Canada one below has more detail, I honestly have spent only 5 minutes searching, did say a quick search.

Im just repating something I was told that not to far a way.

I will research it later, but thought I was told this by someone who works on these smart meters and anyone who follows this subject might be interested thats all.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Ive never heard of that mate, Im in the UK and electricity is charged by the unit, and if we were charged extra by appliance then this is open to rip off.

I was just amazed' what this guy said amazed me more than anything I heard, but he told me they planned to create peak time blackouts to bring this in, which I dont know if that happened where you are.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join