It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senior UK Defense Advisor: Obama Is Clueless About ‘What He Wants To Do In The World’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Sir Hew Strachan, an expert on the history of war, says that the president’s strategic failures in Afghanistan and Syria have crippled America’s position in the world.

www.thedailybeast.com...

This is true with the addition of droning more people than his predecessor, Benghazi, failure to to anything about the southern border then running guns to the same places both middle east, and south of the border.

To the secret deals with Iran:

WASHINGTON – Key elements of a new nuclear agreement between Iran and six world powers are contained in an informal, 30-page text not yet publicly acknowledged by Western officials, Iran’s chief negotiator said Monday. www.latimes.com...

www.latimes.com...

To the massive defense cuts, and epic failures of systems coming on line, that have wasted billions of tax payer dollars from fraud all the way to just plain utter stupidity.

From the Navies LCS crap to the failure, and out right stupidity of the F-22, and F-35 to the $12 billion dollar and counting Gerald Ford.

To the sheer utter trillion dollar waste between the navies, and air forces 'pipe dream' of stealth craft. That is already meaningless since 3D and VSR radar.

To 40 year cruise missiles being shot down in the middle east in Syria, and leaving them worse off just like he did with Libya.

To another so call 'friend' like this:

China’s Defense Ministry on Wednesday confirmed that weapons designers recently conducted the first test of an ultra-high speed missile vehicle considered cutting edge military technology.

freebeacon.com...

Over the past several years, a number of nations — such as China and Iran — have begun developing advanced weapons that have the potential to deny U.S. forces the crucial ability to mass forces into a combat zone and by asymmetrical means to deter or defeat an adversary. These weapons are known by security scholars as Anti-Access Area-Denial, or A2-AD. Strategically vital regions of the world such as the economically dynamic Indo-Pacific region are affected Read more: www.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

The carrier killer.

China’s holdings of U.S. Treasuries increased $12.2 billion to a record $1.317 trillion in November, data released on the Treasury Department’s website showed.

www.bloomberg.com...

Guess the only thing Obama wants to do in the world is just be the worlds largest debtor.
edit on 16-1-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Guess the only thing Obama wants to do in the world is just be the worlds largest debtor.

I guess if you are going to do something, you might as well stick with something that you do well.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The US citizens should take a page from the Egyptians that seen Obama's brother get in and start to work his agenda ..Seems we in the free world are experiencing the same in our democratic elections where it's two sides of the same coin ...Oh well ,lots to read and ponder and wonder just how scary it's going to be for our kids ...peace

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Obama - proof that reincarnation is real......

Although, hats off to him and his predecessor(s) - they have worked tirelessly to achieve such amazing levels of economic and social destruction.

Their Masters must be pleased.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Most everyone here should already know that Obama has no power and pulls no strings, but has strings being pulled.
Firepiston

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This belongs in this thread because it shows just where the current governments priorities lay:

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid once urged Defense Secretary Robert Gates to spend taxpayer money on researching irritable bowel syndrome. Read more: dailycaller.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

A recent high response thread about China taking a Philippine island had the consensus the U.S would obliterate China if it spiraled into a showdown. Makes you wonder if the U.S has technology that is so advanced they R & D weapons just to sell.
Makes sense i think.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

EA006
reply to post by neo96

A recent high response thread about China taking a Philippine island had the consensus the U.S would obliterate China if it spiraled into a showdown. Makes you wonder if the U.S has technology that is so advanced they R & D weapons just to sell.
Makes sense i think.

I don't think so given the age of most system we currently have online, and the empty chair sitting in the White House.

It has been proven twice in recent history that so called 'advanced' technology can, and has been mitigated.

Vietnam. and Iraq, and Afghanistan

China has four things we don't.

An industrial base, the numbers, and the capability to replace, and rearm quickly.

Oh there is a fifth thing American politics.

Which just might be the most important out of them all.

We saw the role it played in the last decade.

It takes years for what little we have left to make anything.

Whoops, one more thing they don't care what it costs.
edit on 16-1-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I did try to argue the point with the others that China is a serious enemy. Don't want a WW3, but it has to come to a head soon before the iron rice bowl boils over.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

EA006
reply to post by neo96

I did try to argue the point with the others that China is a serious enemy. Don't want a WW3, but it has to come to a head soon before the iron rice bowl boils over.

Sooner or later it will.

There is no stopping it.

With over 1.5 billion people competing for resources.

I don't see it not happening.

China and India both.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

H5N1and H7N9 will soon be keeping them busy in a few years or sooner. Priorities tend to Chang during a good old fashioned pandemic.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Although I agree with the author that Obama is a failure. I also think he's really ignorant and arrogant in regards to us military power. He was seriously stupid enough to think the us navy is crap and behind the times. I guess he doesn't know that a great deal if the most advanced technology in the world in inside those us navy ships and boats and aren't going to see the light if day for a loooong time.

We do have done military technologies that are unprecedented, unheard of and can check mate the Chinese or Russian or even allied navies.

If china and the rest of the world really thinks its sneaking around with thrir diesel subs then it looks like we've got them hook line and sinker. Think we haven't thought of really fast anti ship missiles before and thought of ways to address that threat like 20+ years ago.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I know you are not a big fan of the current administration Neo. Can't say I am impressed either. However, one man cannot oversee every single thing the Federal government does. It's too large. It's too 'contracted out'. It's too profitable to those whom it serves, not me and you by the way. To claim we have a direction (good or bad) besides profit for a few, is a pipe dream.

If Obama is guilty of anything, is allowing it to continue when he campaigned to do the opposite. He is guilty of letting others drive the train off the cliff in 14 different directions. Not Presidential material. To his credit, I do not remember one who did a whole lot differently. Of course if he did try to take the reigns, well...accidents happen.

new topics

top topics

join