It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plastic in Noodles????

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Shuftystick

Wouldn't you be chased by the "Environment Protection Police" for releasing toxic chemicals into the atmosphere?

Kinda ironic that you would say that.

Especially taking into consideration, that if this is indeed true and not the result of accidental contamination or the malicious acts of a crazed individual, then it could "only" be the result of insufficient regulations and/or enforcement thereof, coupled with the effects of corporate mentality & greed.

Hardly a time to complain about regulations, if you ask me. Unless of course, you're complaining about the lack thereof.

Who would you complain too if there were no regulatory agencies? The corporation?

On what basis would you hold those responsible for possible medical expenses if there were no rules against it?

Who would investigate or prosecute an activity that has not been deemed to be illegal?
edit on 12-1-2014 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

nugget1
I'm wondering if the noodles were manufactured in China. Does anybody know?
It seems the Chinese don't mind using plastic (or cement) as filler in foods that are shipped over seas. Maybe they think such ingredients go better with the gutter grease they use.

I was wondering the same thing.

Could it be possible that these noodles are being purchased in bulk from a source in China and packaged for individual retail sales here in America? Absolutely!!!

Someone familiar with the brand definitely needs to find out.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

iRoyalty
reply to post by DocScurlock

I discovered something along these lines years a go with Pringles.

I was just a bored curious young teen with a lighter and a pack of Pringles and decided to see if they burn. To my surprise they not only burnt, but they caught fire, the flames were bright green and they MELTED.

I was left with a puddle of goo which then solidified after it cooled... If you think there's potato in Pringles, think again!

How do you know it wasnt just the fat or oils that were burning? Peanuts burn as well and they have no plastic in them..

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by whatsup86

True I don't, but I wouldn't expect oil to burn bright green, nor would I expect a 'potato' based product to melt into a pile of goo that solidifies when cooled.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Having worked in the plastics industry (injection molding) for over 20 years
I am very familiar with how plastic burns and melts.
I am curious to find some of this and do my own tests..

Foe starters.. try putting it in a oven at about 350 and see if it becomes pliable.
Of course I am sure there may be some other additives to allow it to break up
during a chewing action which "could" hamper the testing.

I also remember a thread about CHINA giving rice to its own people which contained plastic.

the pringles thing is not surprising
edit on 12-1-2014 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

LadySkadi
Following the theme...

Here's a fun thread about Pizza Hut cheese

Good stuff

I went to pizza hut a couple weeks ago for the first time in a long time. And I got the pizza with the cheese stuffed into the crust. And the cheese tasted horrible. I get mozzarella from stores often, and it didn't taste anything like it. I ended up just eating the pizza and not the crust since the cheese was just too nasty for me to handle. Maybe I know why now...

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This reminds me of plastic rice.

Glad I saw this, I was about to go eat at a chinese buffet for the first time in a couple years. Back to avoiding them.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
A little ignorance in this forum. First define plastic. www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a

Plastic is made from organic polymers .

Polymers:
A substance that has a molecular structure consisting chiefly or entirely of a large number of similar units bonded together, e.g., many synthetic organic materials used as plastics and resins.

Polymers can consist of synthetic organic materials as well as non synthetic organic materials.

So saying plastic food is toxic and or taboo or not food at all , all depends on whether or not the polymer in the plastic is made out of edible nutritious food stuff or not.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ManOfHart

Because eating organic polymers is good for you? Ill take fresh produce, fresh meat, and fresh fruit over organic polymers anyday

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I'm glad I don't eat noodles or any pasta anymore, since I bought my nifty new toy, the Spiralizer. I make noodles out of zucchini, butternut squash and sweet potatoes (and beets too!). Yummy and NO plastic!

edit on 13-1-2014 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

that sounds cool got a link?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

This is the one I use. Got it on Amazon for under 30 bucks! Just search "spiralizer". Just had zucchini noodles for lunch with a peanut sauce and some Siracha sauce. Delicious!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

DocScurlock
Because eating organic polymers is good for you? Ill take fresh produce, fresh meat, and fresh fruit over organic polymers anyday

Complex carbs, lipids and proteins are organic polymers.

You are not taking one thing over the other when you choose fresh produce, fresh meat, and fresh fruit.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

so i could live a healthy life eating plastic organic polymers manufactured in a plastics plant?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Thats pretty cool, as much as I love my pasta I have been trying to cut down on breads, I am suspect that this machine is under thirty bucks, I wonder how long it lasts? Can it be disassembled for sharpening?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

You missed the point.

There are organic polymers in all food.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

It's a pretty sturdy little device. I'm not sure how to sharpen it, but there are 3 different blade sizes. Each blade is in a plastic frame, and you slip the whole frame in or out of the device. Hard to explain. There are plenty of other devices out there - you can spend as much as $300 on one. I've had this one for about 6 months, and I use it once or twice a week, most weeks. Haven't had any problems with it yet. I've made "noodle" soups, "spaghetti" with marinara, "mac" and cheese - all kinds of dishes. Of course, it doesn't taste exactly like pasta, but it tastes pretty good, and the noodle shape almost fools me!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Well it seems you may have missed the point of this thread, the point is people are finding plastic in food, the question i pose is, why?
edit on Mon20142014-01-13T14:35:50-06:00th2014-01-13T14:35:50-06:00000000Mon, 13 Jan 2014 14:35:50 -0600Monday20142014-01-13T14:35:50-06:00 by DocScurlock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

DocScurlock

Well it seems you may have missed the point of this thread, the point is people are finding plastic in food, the question i pose is, why?

I answered a question that you made in reply to a post asking you to define plastic.

Also, the thread is about someone who thinks they found "plastic" in food, can't say what it was because I can't watch the vid, but from the description it sounds like someone set some noodles on fire. If they are the instant kind then they are probably made from wheat flour infused with oil, both of these things, while natural, are also organic polymers and flammable.

So yes, they did find plastic in their noodles because, at the molecular level, that is what they are.
edit on 13-1-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

if you could watch the video you would see that one noodle burns different than the other noodle and the one that melts does look slightly lighter. Why is there one pack of noodles with two different kinds of noodles. Unless it is identified on the packaging that there are two different noodles in the bag, than something is fishy. One of these things doesn't belong. With out a full analysis it is pure speculation on both of are parts. But One test was made from two different samples that arrived in the same bag the test provided two differ outcomes. This proves that there is inconsistency in this food, in the conclusion of my thread I related this to the many inconsistencies in all of our foods across the board, I am not denying polymers exist in food, what i dont want is to eat plastic and nor do I want my fellow man eating plastic, so i dont think that this thread or the info brought up should be discredited because there are polymers in all food.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join