It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plastic in Noodles????

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DocScurlock

Well the title is "plastic in noodles????" and you asked if eating organic polymers was good for you?

Now your saying that it is about inconsistancies in food. If they were using synthetic plastics as a filler in noodles wouldn't all the noodles be the same? I just don't see inconsistancies in foodstuffs as proof of this practice although QC seems to be lax.
edit on 13-1-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Wouldn't plastic be more expensive to manufacture than noodles?

So cutting noodles with plastic would reduce profits...

Doesn't make much sense to me.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

So since earth is chalked full of carbon based life forms eating anything makes me a cannibal since most every thing we eat is the same based on molecules. I don't know that your trying to say here, but there was more than just a title to this thread, if you wanna focus on three words, have at it, and don't question the food you eat, its not worth it anyway

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

thats what i was saying, if there losing profits by putting plastic in food, is there a more sinister reason behind this action?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

DocScurlock

So since earth is chalked full of carbon based life forms eating anything makes me a cannibal since most every thing we eat is the same based on molecules.

I never said it made you anything. You simply made a statement that was drawing a difference where one doesn't exist.

I don't know that your trying to say here, but there was more than just a title to this thread, if you wanna focus on three words, have at it, and don't question the food you eat, its not worth it anyway

It's simple. Some foods act like "plastics" beause they are "plastics".

Questioning the food one eats is fine but jumping to conclusions doesn't really offer anything useful.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I never said it made you anything. You simply made a statement that was drawing a difference where one doesn't exist.

I didn't say you said I was anything I am just using your line of thought to make a statement that that is ridiculous. Yes alot of stuff on earth and the universe share common elements, I think there is a chart or table I saw once. Any way just cause plastics share common traits with foods doesn't make them healthy. and I understand you are an intelligent person that would agree with my last sentence, but I am failing to see what your point of pointing out that everything has conman molecules.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Not if they found a plastic such as packaging plastic that was free that looked like noodles, a free bulking agent, albeit inedible.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The history of "Plastic" is rather interesting.

In the mid 1860's (The first plastic) Parkesine was an organic material derived from cellulose. This material was used to make snooker balls and became Celluloid it is derived from cellulose and alcoholised camphor.

Next, in around 1897, came casein plastics, milk protein mixed with formaldehyde.

So is plastic a natural product or not?

Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Found a vid which I think is a copy of what you posted. Oriental guy in a grey t-shirt with a bic and a bag of rice noodles. If so, I stand by what I said before that this was just a case of bad QC. This isn't "plastic" in the noodles but plastic strands in the bag with the noodles.
edit on 13-1-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dowot

It could be said that all material on Earth could be deemed 'natural', from oil, coal, minerals etc. come complex chemicals which can be toxic either as they are or when mixed with other chemicals. 'Natural' could be deemed 'unadulterated, as of nature' and has no bearing on it's toxicity and 'manufactured' could be deemed 'the process of manipulating materials, including natural materials', again with no bearing on toxicity.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Very true and presumably the basis for the Startrek food replicator?

With the advent of 3d printing, and they can be used to print food I understand, are we well on the way to producing instant food, do you think?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dowot

Unless the 'printed' food is made from edible unadulterated food, it would be either inedible or heavily processed, barely food at all.

Any food that goes through a process longer than picked washed and cleaned, isn't 'instant' food, obviously growing food is also a process and therefore isn't instant.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dowot

Ive been wanting to get in to 3d printing, i figure i have spent this much time on a computer i better have something to show for it

Just know i would never use my powers for evil, like absolutetruth said food is meant to picked cleaned and eaten(also hunted or caught)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

just a case of bad QC

can you embellish on this idea? I think this is were we differ in opinion, and i dont want to go through another lengthy discussion

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

What I mean is that if you were to find something like a screw in a bottle of coke that means QC let a foreign object slip though and not that the coca-cola company had added screws as part of the formula for coke.

If this noodle company really wanted people to eat that synthetic plastic they would have ground it into the noodle dough because by the looks of the material there is no way that anyone would put those strands in their mouths and not notice that they are not noodles.

Here are a couple of similar cases:
Plastic in chicken

Plastic in pumpkin rolls

So, it happens but if their goal was to bulk up the product with a cheap filler for profits or it's some neferious plan to get people to ingest synthetic plastics, then dumping a few strands of plastic into the bags with the noodles was never going to get the desired results.

edit on 14-1-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join