It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plastic in Noodles????

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I am sure most of you have seen this, it was one of the first vids to pop up on youtube when I just went to youtube. I didnt see this posted already so here it is.

So I know there is no science to back this claim up the guy makes beside the burn test, which does make sense, all noodles should burn consistently, right?

I do know the possibility of this being a hoax, or maybe he works for a competing noodle company. There are a lot of factors that should be considered.

But for this threads sake lets assume he is telling the truth and there is in fact plastic mixed with real noodles. It cant be accidental, unless they bag gag fake noodles in the same factory that they bag the real noodles. When was the last time you saw a bag of fake noodles for sale at your local novelty shop. Point is for the plastic ones to be so close looking to the real ones it seems probable that these pieces of plastic were intentionally placed in the bag with the real ones. Question is WHY?

Do corporations really need to cut bags of rice noodles with plastic just to turn a profit? Is the economy really that bad? I doubt it. I havent done the research but I do know there is alot of Rice in CA, therefore it is cheap to buy in bulk and it probably cheaper than making plastic rice look alike.

So this makes me wonder is there a more sinister reason behind this. Is someone deliberately trying to poison us? And if so is this a decision made by one man sitting in his evil lair that spent his whole life trying to get back at the world for all the injustices brought upon him, so he climbs the later of a CA rice company and slowly poisons his customers one bag at a time?

Or does this fit in with the Recent Reports that Major food companies are poisoning us through the use of pesticides, GMOs , preservatives, food coloring, artificial flavoring and sweeteners, and fluoride?

edit on Sat20142014-01-11T17:50:41-06:00th2014-01-11T17:50:41-06:00000000Sat, 11 Jan 2014 17:50:41 -0600Saturday20142014-01-11T17:50:41-06:00 by DocScurlock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DocScurlock

I discovered something along these lines years a go with Pringles.

I was just a bored curious young teen with a lighter and a pack of Pringles and decided to see if they burn. To my surprise they not only burnt, but they caught fire, the flames were bright green and they MELTED.

I was left with a puddle of goo which then solidified after it cooled... If you think there's potato in Pringles, think again!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I dont even want to think about it. One scary thought.
Truth be told, there are people that want to hurt you.

People that dont care who you are.
They just want to inflict pain.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

Straight query...
Can you remember the flavour?
I have to go try this for myself.
It's a bit like putting an old penny in brown sauce.

I get a similar effect with a BBQ with the food catching fire, flames and black smoke!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I will have to try that, maybe we can start a new youtube trend. Burning processed foods and seeing what happens

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Wouldn't you be chased by the "Environment Protection Police" for releasing toxic chemicals into the atmosphere?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Shuftystick

I would probably be detained indefinitely by DHS because I was a domestic terrorist using chemical weapons

edit on Sat20142014-01-11T18:12:32-06:00th2014-01-11T18:12:32-06:00uSat, 11 Jan 2014 18:12:32 -0600Saturday20142014-01-11T18:12:32-06:00 by DocScurlock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I saw this earlier as well.

My first reaction was "what in the h3)%? Plastic noodles? I must be having a nightmare!!"

If this is real (and I very well think it is) then they really need to up their QC standards for the noodo factory. By just looking at the difference you can barely make out any difference at all.

Here's hoping that it's just a matter of some plastic that accidentally got caught up in the process and was cut along the same procedures as the noodles and nothing more sinister. Like having half of the noodles consisting of plastic for greedy reasons. I really hope they have a good explanation to give this man after he sends his letter off.

Gahhh now I'm gonna be paranoid every time I eat noodos. Thank you plastic black hole that lives in the factory. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

That's awful though not surprising, there's always a plastic like coating in the mouth after eating those. I avoid them now.

Certain foods are so not worth the convenience,and here in the UK, a lot of stores shelves are dedicated to such plasticated processed foods.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I guess even if he complained and took it further chances are they would say it got in there somehow and they weren't aware of it.

I got a chunk of mud in a loaf of sliced bread once and when I sent it back they eventually wrote and said it was ''food grade grease from the machines'' it had stones in it and was mud, so they lied.

Same when I found a plaster (band aid) in my tub of 'finest' soup, they said it wasn't a plaster but packaging, I know it was a plaster.

Yesterday I ate some Waitrose Madeira and Wild Mushroom cup soup for lunch as in a hurry, I felt sick whilst drinking it and right at the bottom of the cup I got a mouthful of gritty mud, it wasn't unmixed soup it was mud, it tasted awful. I called the company who said they would look into it.

A lot of manufacturing processes are not hygienic or careful enough, I know some people who have worked in these industries and they say they wouldn't eat the products. The customer / consumer should have more rights.
edit on 11-1-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I'm wondering if the noodles were manufactured in China. Does anybody know?
It seems the Chinese don't mind using plastic (or cement) as filler in foods that are shipped over seas. Maybe they think such ingredients go better with the gutter grease they use.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
mmmm plastic noodles (homer voice).......all the more reason to boycott processed foods you just do not know what you are eating

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Chinese food is now off the menu, unless cooked by me.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Plastic burns ok. I'm not sure it's a legitimate test. Are the two he's comparing the same type of noodle?

You can test for starch content pretty easily, too.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I am thinking that it could be how the tapioca starch burns??? Some noodles are made from rice while others are made from tapioca starch.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

theabsolutetruth
I guess even if he complained and took it further chances are they would say it got in there somehow and they weren't aware of it.

I got a chunk of mud in a loaf of sliced bread once and when I sent it back they eventually wrote and said it was ''food grade grease from the machines'' it had stones in it and was mud, so they lied.

Same when I found a plaster (band aid) in my tub of 'finest' soup, they said it wasn't a plaster but packaging, I know it was a plaster.

Yesterday I ate some Waitrose Madeira and Wild Mushroom cup soup for lunch as in a hurry, I felt sick whilst drinking it and right at the bottom of the cup I got a mouthful of gritty mud, it wasn't unmixed soup it was mud, it tasted awful. I called the company who said they would look into it.

A lot of manufacturing processes are not hygienic or careful enough, I know some people who have worked in these industries and they say they wouldn't eat the products. The customer / consumer should have more rights.
edit on 11-1-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

Having worked in a waffle plant repairing conveyor belts for a few months straight, I can attest to the fact that it is not always hygienic. There are health code procedures that should be followed as per regulation but you cannot account for all of the people working to abide by them 100% of the time. It's a sad fact of the industry and business.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Following the theme...

Here's a fun thread about Pizza Hut cheese

Good stuff

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I've had the same problem with sausages, when I've boiled them in stews the skins come off and they're like latex, you can stretch them and they'll shrink back to the original size, and they can't be cut with scissors.

I still have photos of the skins, I was going to send them to the retailer for a please explain but I haven't got around it to yet. I could post them on ATS but they don't look pretty at all, they look like soiled prophylactics if you know what I mean.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Shuftystick

Straight query...
Can you remember the flavour?
I have to go try this for myself.
It's a bit like putting an old penny in brown sauce.

I get a similar effect with a BBQ with the food catching fire, flames and black smoke!

It was a long time a go but I don't think it was plain... Probably paprika?

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

iRoyalty

I discovered something along these lines years a go with Pringles.

I was just a bored curious young teen with a lighter and a pack of Pringles and decided to see if they burn. To my surprise they not only burnt, but they caught fire, the flames were bright green and they MELTED.

I was left with a puddle of goo which then solidified after it cooled... If you think there's potato in Pringles, think again!

Yikes, and tree bark in bread

<<   2  3 >>

join