It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australiian man tries to remove cockroach from ear using vacuum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
No conspiracy here folks! Just something really gross. A man in Australia was awakened by immense pain in his ear caused by a cockroach burrowing into it. Eventually, it died and a doctor was able to pull it out. This is a worst nightmare come true for anyone whose ever lived in a situation with roaches.

worldnews.nbcnews.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Thanks for this.... now I can't sleep.

I am going to have to go on a hunt for some pantyhose to pull over my head.

This gives me the heebeejeebees. Although it is not rare (my mom is an RN that works for an ENT doctor) the creepy factor completely blows almost all of the other things that get lodged in people's ears.... out of the water.

Wake up to something all but scratching your brain.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
That's a new one. Is this abnormal behavior for a cockroach? I lived in an apartment infested with these things but never had one crawl on me (that I'm aware of). I'm glad the vacuum didn't do any permanent damage.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
It's like one of those thongs you worry about as a kid that, thankfully, never happens, but then to hear this story just makes it that much more creepy.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
When some people are in pain they'll do extreme measures to relieve it. I've seriously contemplated pulling my own aching tooth at 3 in the morning. I was about to get Medieval with some vise grips until my better judgement (my wife) intervened.

Ear doctors do have a vacuum they can use on your ear although it's different than using your Dirt Devil and I'm guessing that it's not as powerful either. Many moon ago I had a ruptured ear drum that got infected. The Dr. used a tube and vacuumed out the excess fluid so I bet it could be used to help vacuum out insects also. I don't advise ever trying it at home though.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

Was the roach wearing a tiny thong? Amazing.

Hmm, Isn't about time we eradicated roaches from earth? Whatever purpose they have - we can live without it.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

TheLieWeLive
When some people are in pain they'll do extreme measures to relieve it. I've seriously contemplated pulling my own aching tooth at 3 in the morning. I was about to get Medieval with some vise grips until my better judgement (my wife) intervened.

Me too!!!!! Tooth ache pain is the worst i have had 3 kids id rather have another 3 than deal with toothache pain haha ..

This reminded me of that little fockers movie where jack the dad talks about the lizard laying eggs in his ear eww! Why this guy wouldnt just go straight to the hospital is silly its not like we have to pay a fortune for a visit to the ED like in america..

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Ow!! Dude must have some big ears, or it was a small roach. I have pulled about a half a dozen of my teeth over the years and here is a tip. Use 7 inch channel lock pliers with surgical rubber sleeves over the jaws and use a radial turning motion to break the tooth loose instead of just wiggling it side to side. And don't take pain killers until you are done. You want to have your wits about you for this.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
oooh yuk...about 20 years ago this happened to a friend of mine in sydney....she was out during the day and a cockroach flew into her ear and started to burrow .....she had to have it surgically removed.......

this sort of thing should be reserved for horror movies but i can tell you it does happen........

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

screaming from the room

heebeegeebees!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kx12x

Any measure you could use to remove them en masse would kill more people than roaches. They are notoriously hard to destroy, which is why many people are fond of saying that roaches can survive nuclear Armageddon. Although it is unlikely that a roach would survive a direct strike from a tactical nuke, they are incredibly tough, resilient creatures, and could probably survive the aftermath of a nuclear war.

Not to mention, they consume all manner of nasty crap that the human race discards. I see no reason what so ever to do away with them completely, although I can absolutely agree that one should not put up with them in ones home.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
is your source reliable?
..a real aussie would've used a welders torch

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Phew! Thank goodness roaches from Texas are way too big to fit in your ear, otherwise I'd lose sleep over this story.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Sounds like a typical day in Australia to me. The land where everything tries to kill you.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

A friend once went to hospital with excruciating ear pain.
Turned out a spider had burrowed in the ear and laid eggs.
When the eggs hatched....

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

kx12x

Was the roach wearing a tiny thong? Amazing.

Hmm, Isn't about time we eradicated roaches from earth? Whatever purpose they have - we can live without it.

Yeah, it is a Designer Thong, specially made for cockroaches! These roaches are moving on up in the world. The next thing you know they'll be driving around in cars. Heck, they probably already have a presence onMars.

top topics

join