It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Had a Mythical Beast Encounter?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: kasper81

Welcome to ATS Kasper81.

Scary story about the shadows. I don't like seeing shadows. It's hard to distinguish if they are shadows of the dead, or what is called "shadow people", which is an entirely different thing!

My guardian angel, Michael, always came and helped me fight off the ghost(s) that haunted me when I was young.

This topic belongs in my paranormal thread (click on my signature), not the mythical beast thread, so I'll stop now.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Great story! Thanks for sharing.

That had to be weird, living in a city all alone then hearing that creature! It reminds me of the wings I heard flapping outside my bedroom.

No telling what those things were!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

You're welcome. I always enjoy reading and sharing the more mysterious aspects of our existence here on planet earth.

I think that we find ourselves in places where the veil between dimensions is so thinned, and our minds and hearts at such ease that we get a little glimpse of what swirls all around us, all that wonderful stuff hidden by our own closed minds, low frequency, and paradigms that dictate that we are just crazy. I so love the glimpses that I get.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well my supervisor is a chimera between a witch, a poisonous viper and a yeti.
Does it count?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: alexball

Aren't you suppose to be working? Kill him with kindness.

Good luck.

LOL

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Bout halfway through this thread...excellent. Worth a flag for sure.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MurphysOtherLagh

Happy you are enjoying it.

Have you had any encounters, or know someone who has?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Before I read this whole thread, I want to post about possible thylacine evidence we saw when bushwalking thru the forests around Nunnup, Western Australia.

We were staying on a farm, which bordered a creek, and on the other side of the creek was state forest. We were familiar with the Nannup Tiger stories and knew it was unlikley we would see one.

However, in the state forest we found a decimated corpse of a sheep, normally not something to be concerned about, sheep do stray into the forest and can be attacked by feral cats...

The jaw marks around the neck of the sheep looked inconsistent with a sheep that had been attacked by a gang of feral cats, the bite marks more similar to a long nosed dog.

The internal organs of the sheep were eaten, and most of the flesh left on the carcass.

Maybe it was killed by a dog?, but I like to think that there was at least one thylacine still alive back then (this was before I met my friend who did her masters on population sustainability of the thylacine, theoretically proving they no longer exist in WA's south west).

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

Interesting! I had never heard of this cat until your post. Love learning new things.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
As far as "cryptids" go, this is the most viable one in local folklore, as it did exist in the region in the past (general estimates have it going extinct on the mainland in around the 1500's when the dingo was introduced to Australia).

Every few years there is a grainy photo of something that is claimed to be a live thylacine, the problem for "science" is that they need a deceased sample for DNA to prove they are alive on the mainland. #Irony #Catch22.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: kasper81

originally posted by: 222mockingbirdlane
Hello, I am new to this site, and hopefully I am posting this on the right forum😊 I am pasting something I previously posted on a site called Cryptoville a few yrs ago, here it is:

"I saw a giant black bird, around 13ft wingspan in Colton Ca, about 6 yrs -ago in May or June. I was living in Centre pointe apartments near the intersection of Mt.Vernon and Washington, near the SanBernardino mountains. My mom and I stepped onto my upstairs porch, at rear of complex, where there is just an empty parking lot and storm wash. On left of lot, across from me was another apartment building, with a tree next to it, that was where we saw the bird. The tree was 2/3 as tall as the 2 story building. I know we saw it just as it was landing, because the whole tree was shaking. He was all black, even his face and beak were so black it blended in with the rest of him. My mom started yelling and cussing, and yelling for my sons to look at the huge black bird, but they wereplaying a videogame and ignored her! If they had just leaned back they would have seen it. I was quiet watching it’ and it looked like it was watching us (about 120ft away). It was there less than a minute, then started flapping its wings 3 times, making the whole tree start bouncing and shaking against, and was up. When its wings were spread they were as wide as the tree (13ft), my mom and I both mentioned that later. He flew away in the direction of my Vernon ave at rush hour, so people had to see him, unless he stopped and landed in the wash, I didn’t get to see because the building blocked my view. My mom told me to get my phone and run down there and take a picture, but I was way too scared. It was as tall as me 5ft, and all I could see was being carried away! I told a couple people and got bad reactions, so didn’t mention again, then just found one really similar report on digg.com. from someone who saw it in Arizona just afew months before me."

So, that happened in 2007, I have since got married and have not even told my husband about this! He does not like the mention of anything unordinary... So hopefully I can connect with other people who have seen unusual creatures.
hi I saw an eagle in the Pilbara of Australia about the same size as you mentioned its pretty rare but sometimes the environment is just right for things to grow that big I put the bird I saw down to all the road kill you get out there. Some freinds and I also found a praymantis climbing a car in the driveway its wing span was wider then my arms stretchEd out wide im 6"2 its abdomen was bigger then a rugby ball its arms were longer then mine and its head was bigger then my fist it was beautifully coloured and in perfict health for what must have been pretty old to get that big. We were just teens and desided to catch it and smoke it out in the van untill my mates sister came in and through it out side where it flew away into the bush im 32 now so this was befor mobiles were popular and had no cameras pitty.

Hi Kasper, interesting stuff
it's been a while since I have checked on the crypto threads. Was just laying in bed thinking about that bird. Not hard to believe things could grow huge where you are in Australia. That praying mantis sounds amazing, and I just wanted to clarify, did you say you and your friends caught it....and smoked it???

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Hi everyone joined here ages ago but haven't posted yet, I just like reading everything people are saying. Anyway I wanted to tell you about my encounter, don't know if it was mythical but it was definitely very unusual. This was a long time ago and I was in school, must have been about 7 or 8. I was in the playground sitting next to the school wall and I happened to look behind me. What I saw was a white scorpion, at this point I should probably say I am in the UK so such things don't live here. It was pure white, milky bar coloured (the chocolate bar). Needless to say I was pretty scared so I got up and quickly walked away. That was it happened that quickly. The memory is fairly cloudy now and everyone keeps trying to tell me I must have dreamed it and stuff but I swear I saw it, was scared for weeks after that!

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Hey, long time lurker first time poster here, I've been reading this thread for months and thought that I have a few intriguing encounters that might interest a few people.

My first unexplained encounter was really over the course of a few years when I was a child, I was rather obsessed by fairies, I would see them repeatedly in certain places, most of these places tended to be forests that were somewhat wild or got less foot traffic, always off the path into the depths of the trees. My adult brain recalls them as essentially a twinkling light with large light reflecting wings, I believe that is not what I saw as a child but for some reason my brain cannot recall more detail. In Ireland, where I from and am currently living, fairies in folk lore are rather ominous creatures, using the fairy thorn trees to pass between our realm and theirs, kidnapping children and seeking revenge on anyone who cut down a fairy thorn, to this day you will often see fairy thorns standing alone in fields, treated with respect by everyone. The fairies I saw however were playful, my mother would see me playing and giggling and while she believed what I told her I was doing, she never saw them. I also did things to appease them such as leaving them large bowls of fruit juice or leaving sweet treats for them. I stopped seeing them when I got older, the adult brain is too cynical for something so fantastic.

My second encounter has also been spread across a number of years, my first sighting was when I was around 10 years old, I saw a massive, wolf-like, black dog, I first saw the dog while in a car and it was crossing a street, about 10 minutes and 7 odd miles later I see the dog again, sitting in my back yard, watching silently and peacefully, after doing some research into what I could have seen all I could come back with was a hell-hound or an extinct breed of wolf, this was not a malicious or feral animal, it had intelligence behind it and over the numerous places, houses, countries I have seen it, it has always made me feel safe, I have come to refer to it as my fairy-God-dog. Numerous other people have seen this dog, it is not a figment of my imagination, no one has been able to come up with a logical explanation.

I also have seen a large black cat in County Down, Northern Ireland, I was on an almost empty bus at the time and I know this cat was huge because I saw it right beside a bench and it was roughly the same size, the cat quickly trotted through a field and disappeared into some trees. Around the same time there were numerous attacks on sheep in the area that could not have been explained by our largest predator, the fox, they are just too small to explain it.

I feel like I've rambled a lot, if anyone wants to ask me any questions regarding any of these sightings I would be happy to oblige.
edit on 25-4-2016 by FairyThorne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FairyThorne

Welcome to ATS, FairyThorne.

Very interesting. I have seen other members post about seeing fairies, but few and far between.
It's sad that we as children lose our ability to see through the veil.

I agree that the dog was some type of guardian. Maybe your animal totem?

I think big cats are all over the place, it's just that they aren't spotted by many people.
My husband said there was a dead black panther lying at the end of our road last week.
We had been seeing large paw prints around our house and wondered what it could be.
It kind of freaks me out to think it could have been lurking close by while I was outside.
I hate to see any living animal killed though. I think it was hit by a car.

Thanks for bringing the thread back to life. I always love it when new members choose one of my threads to begin their journey on ATS. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Try getting into an frustrated argument speaking Latin with a higher frequency wavelength giant like the following.

This encounter happened at the fall of 2014. It could see how frustrated i was at how slow world events were grinding along and you know what it did; it freaking laughed (bellowed) saying 'oh everything is going perfectly as planned'.

If it wanted to kill me all it had to do was flick me with its fingers and i would have been splattered.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I also have heard from a very reputable and trustworthy source that pictures exist of a full Bigfoot family taken in Nepal, they are not on the Internet or accessible at all as they are physically in the possession of someone unknown who does not want Bigfoot to be discovered for they fear what would happen to them if they were a confirmed species, in areas in Nepal it is known as fact that they are there but the locals have no desire to help camera crews or Bigfoot hunters whatsoever.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
One night when I was about 7-8 on Christmas eve I swear I was hearing a type of sleigh bell ringing, for some reason I go out the front door to find the noise & when I stepped outside I looked up towards the moon & saw what Im pretty sure was a silhouette of Santa his sleigh & reindeer pass over the moon.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirSmokeAlot
One night when I was about 7-8 on Christmas eve I swear I was hearing a type of sleigh bell ringing, for some reason I go out the front door to find the noise & when I stepped outside I looked up towards the moon & saw what Im pretty sure was a silhouette of Santa his sleigh & reindeer pass over the moon.

Thank you, that made my day!

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
A few years back, a buddy and I was catfishing way back in an old farm that was no longer active. It was at least a half mile to a road, let alone anything else. Anyway, we set up camp on a gravel bar and everything was great, until we heard what sounded like huge wings flapping. I mean it was as loud. Then we heard it land in a tree, breaking small branches as it landed. After a few mins, there was a slash in the water. As we shone our spotlight across the river, a rock flew out of the woods from the opposite bank. Not so much woods really, more of a thick treeline. My friend got pretty spooked and fired a shot in that direction. There was also a powerful bad smell in the air during this encounter. And no, it couldn't have been people. There was a new moon, cloudy out, and pitch dark. There wasn't any way to see without a flashlight, and we could see anyone's flashlight trying to approach us. It was a strange night, for sure. Just one tale of many in my journey so far.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
edit on 10082016 by Marky83 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join