It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Had a Mythical Beast Encounter?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

edit on 10082016 by Marky83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

edit on 10082016 by Marky83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
A few years back, a buddy and I was catfishing way back in an old farm that was no longer active. It was at least a half mile to a road, let alone anything else. Anyway, we set up camp on a gravel bar and everything was great, until we heard what sounded like huge wings flapping. I mean it was as loud. Then we heard it land in a tree, breaking small branches as it landed. After a few mins, there was a slash in the water. As we shone our spotlight across the river, a rock flew out of the woods from the opposite bank. Not so much woods really, more of a thick treeline. My friend got pretty spooked and fired a shot in that direction. There was also a powerful bad smell in the air during this encounter. And no, it couldn't have been people. There was a new moon, cloudy out, and pitch dark. There wasn't any way to see without a flashlight, and we could see anyone's flashlight trying to approach us. It was a strange night, for sure. Just one tale of many in my journey so far.

link   
A few years back, a buddy and I was catfishing way back in an old farm that was no longer active. It was at least a half mile to a road, let alone anything else. Anyway, we set up camp on a gravel bar and everything was great, until we heard what sounded like huge wings flapping. I mean it was as loud. Then we heard it land in a tree, breaking small branches as it landed. After a few mins, there was a slash in the water. As we shone our spotlight across the river, a rock flew out of the woods from the opposite bank. Not so much woods really, more of a thick treeline. My friend got pretty spooked and fired a shot in that direction. There was also a powerful bad smell in the air during this encounter. And no, it couldn't have been people. There was a new moon, cloudy out, and pitch dark. There wasn't any way to see without a flashlight, and we could see anyone's flashlight trying to approach us. It was a strange night, for sure. Just one tale of many in my journey so far.

link   

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Holy crap! Sorry about that, y'all. Thought my phone froze and I kept hitting the reply button

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marky83
Holy crap! Sorry about that, y'all. Thought my phone froze and I kept hitting the reply button
😅 You ever go catfishing with your buddy Marky?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I once saw a white flying orb in the forest.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Otley

originally posted by: Marky83
😅 You ever go catfishing with your buddy Marky?

I think he just wants to make sure we don't miss his post, Otley. ROFL

Welcome to another one of my threads, Marky83. Another fascinating experience for you.

So, do you think it was something like Mothman, or what? It could have been swooping in to visit it's Big Foot buddy. I hear they love to throw rocks at people who get too close to their territory.

It would definitely freak me out if I was in the woods, in the dark, and I heard something like that, then had rocks thrown at me. Gees!!

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: sled735

Im not sure what it was. We could definitely hear very large wings flapping. As far as being scary, it was. But, being in the woods after dark isn't that bad for us. We are quite used to it. Anything supernatural scares the bejesus outta Cody, though. That being said, he's the only one of my friends to have had any encounters because he's the only one who goes out after dark with me a lot. Everyone else is either afraid of what goes bump, or concerned about the two legged threats out there. And I suppose thier right. As for me, ive had these experiences and I still go out and have fun. Its rare to run into these things.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

Hi! The only thing that jumps readily to mind when thinking of Greece and red eyes is Eris goddess of discord and strife spreader of chaos. Also called Discordia. She apparently started a war with a golden apple at an important gathering, I could be wrong 'cause it's been a few years since I read that particular myth.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
About 3-4 years ago I believe I had an encounter with a fae.
I had been dog walking down a country road and just about half across a small bridge when, as I was watching the dog and road something about the size of a medium to large dragonfly ziped in front of me and flited across the road then vanished over to the other side somewhere. What really had my focus on it though was that it was moving very fast and to my magpie eyes it was a shiny I had to follow as it looked like it was glowing a golden autumn orange.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowFox9

That's fascinating!
I used to spend a lot of time in the woods when I was growing up. I lived in a rural area and there was a large forest very close to our house. I always wanted to see one, but alas, all I ever saw was an invisible Big Foot!
I'm not kidding! LOL

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

Well I'm glad to finally be able to share it with others, I've had a few encounters over my relatively short life but the fae is one of my most treasured as when I saw them I was overwhelmed with a child like glee I hadn't felt since I learned what the world was like in highschool. In was liberating.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
My story is of my very first encounter when I was younger about 12 or 13 I think I had just moved house I live on the outskirts of a city in the West of England.
So like I said I had just moved house and I was in my bedroom still unpacking stuff it was night time not particularly late but pretty dark already (just to note I was pretty lazy wed been there a couple of weeks by this point I just couldn't be bothered to unpack properly
) when I remember feeling the need to look outside I can't explain it but it was like I couldn't focus on anything or think about anything other than looking outside so obviously I did and in my garden I saw a shape in my garden it was like a very tall person must have been 7 - 8ft and it had red eyes I couldn't see any other detail on it no arms no legs just the rough shape of a persons body and head like they were wearing I robe or something to cover the extremities and just red eyes then it tilted it's head like a dog does when it's expecting something by this point I'd assured myself that I wasn't tripping out and GTFO of my bedroom because I was terrified anyway I went into my garden in the morning and found the ground where it was stood deformed like something heavy had been shuffled around on that spot.
To this day that still creeps me out I have no idea what it was or could be and I've never seen it since I lived in that house for another 7 years or so before I moved out and my mum still lives there not once have I seen it and my.mum has never had any kind of experience like this in that house atall

Thanks for reading

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkman258

Wow! Now that was freaky!

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkman258

Which part of England? 'Cause when I was about 5 I lived in England and my family had a sleepover with some family friends and while I was there I saw what I thought was a shadow of a man in a suit and top hat. Except there was no one there the hall light was on, the curtains where drawn, I was in bed and there was a shadow on the wall that no one cast. Never saw it again after and I don't think I sleept that night!

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

South west

I don't think I'll ever forget that and even now going round my mum's house I'll look out at that spot in the night just to check still gives me chills even now

I'm not surprised you didn't sleep that night I probably wouldn't have either lol I probably would've locked myself in a room or something
edit on 221022/12/1616 by Darkman258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Hi again people this one's not so much an inconter as it is a warning to be careful with what you name things.

Right well bit of a back story but I'm a bit of a dragon fanatic so lots of dragon related items around the house and each dragon ornament has a name so yeah. Well I'd been helping my mum in the garden last summer and there was a hell of a lot to do so when we finally got it all done my mum whent out and surprised me with a brand new dragon ornament made from cement that was not quite finished drying out and said they where a thank you for your hard work. So me being me I had to come up with a name for them and was thinking of the dragon ornament as male so I suggested they be called Chaos, but mum said it was female and as with anyone when told your wrong I was slightly disgruntled so I went with a name from the same greeko/Roman pantheon and called her Eris Discordia Strife and not to long after that it starts raining and it's hardly stopped since!
edit on 10-2-2017 by ShadowFox9 because: I made a few mistakes

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Imagine if you did call it chaos damn . . . Could've been pretty chaotic (excuse the pun couldn't help it) I'm a massive dragon lover to so understand the naming thing mine have got names as well

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join