It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious "Black Stick", like an antenna, on Curiosity Sol 494. A Tech Tool?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Another interesting find by Arken, whilst I remain on the fence for this one.. If there is proof of life on Mars I'm sure Arken is gonna be the one to find it!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

ukslave
Another interesting find by Arken, whilst I remain on the fence for this one.. If there is proof of life on Mars I'm sure Arken is gonna be the one to find it!

I don't doubt that.

If anyone has looked over every rock, nook and cranny.... it is Arken.
For as many times as I have written 'rock' in replies to his threads, I still click on his new threads to see if this time is the time that Arken strikes gold.

It is coming, I tell you.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

This is a shadow or a crack in the rock at best. Come on man.

To be honest, I'm more interested in the greenish lizard like thing to the right lol.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Arken, you must not have masturbated enough when you were a kid. Cause the rest of us are too blind to see that stuff. Do you wear glasses? If not your gonna need to after another couple of years

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Mamatus
Arken, you must not have masturbated enough when you were a kid. Cause the rest of us are too blind to see that stuff. Do you wear glasses? If not your gonna need to after another couple of years

One of the funniest post I've ever read! ...

Stars.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by Arken

The stick/antenna rock does seem to be standing there, a mini-Kubrick monolith, and does have its own shadow. Nice find!

I see you've already colored in the "lizard" to the right of the antenna. Now I want to see the "Beluga whale skull" please.

Don't know what this is, but why did you color its shadow red? Because it's the red planet I suppose. hee hee

And on your second pic, what is that tiny well formed several-segmented rock (AMOQ: a rock) on the very bottom a little ways in from the lower right-hand corner? EDIT: I've zoomed in at 825 percent and it still looks pretty good. Well proportioned segmentation.

edit on 7-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

This one?

Or this one?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Damn!
This one seems a Fishbone...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Whenever I see a thread by you, I always click on it. I don't believe I have ever posted on any of your threads.

Its about time I said Kudos to you. You really do spot everything on these mars pictures and its very interesting.

I went through a phase of looking at mars pictures zooming in staring at them for hours lol.

I have seen everything from what looked like a penis sticking out of the martian surface to a mouse waving.

I love these threads.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Fishbone!! Poor flipper.

The one I meant is right along the bottom of the 2nd picture on your OP, near the right edge but in a little. It can be found under the mid-right side of the black rock above it, along the bottom of the pic.

Thanks for looking!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Or This one?

edit on 7-1-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

That's the baby! Right in the middle of the pic on the bottom. Obviously a rare Martian segmented-Kronasisis fossil. These tuff little guys would swim in the Gale Lake, nudge the other Kronassissis' to the bottom, and pretend to be lobsters until one of the real lobsters wandered by and "GULP", survival of the fittest!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

fat tailed lizard looking for popping up black grubs to eat.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Ive been a ATSr for quite a while now and joined just very recently! I have to say your doing a great job Arken and every now and then you post a find that really indulges me but I have to admit that I'm not seeing what your seeing in this one. Just looks like its a part of the rock to me!..

Keep up the good work regardless!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Arken, never change. I bloody love you. Crazy mars watcher. How long do you do this for each day? You must have the patience of a saint and the buttocks of a, erm, big buttocky thing. Seriously though, I always look for your posts whenever I come on here.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

EsotericGod
Ive been a ATSr for quite a while now and joined just very recently! I have to say your doing a great job Arken and every now and then you post a find that really indulges me but I have to admit that I'm not seeing what your seeing in this one. Just looks like its a part of the rock to me!..

Keep up the good work regardless!

You are Always welcome.
Thanks.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

christmaspig
Arken, never change. I bloody love you. Crazy mars watcher. How long do you do this for each day? You must have the patience of a saint and the buttocks of a, erm, big buttocky thing. Seriously though, I always look for your posts whenever I come on here.

Not much time, really.
Sometime half an hour, sometime 10 minutes...
Thanks for your kind words.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Aleister

The black thing has a shadow, which is best shown on the flashing-color gif on the Blue frame. So it seems to be a separate thing next to the rock, and not a black line on the rock.

Sorry, I still do not see it. Sorry to have intruded. I was hoping to something amazing. I am not saying it is not there, just that I still do not see it.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Looks like an image artifact to me, but in case it's not, it'd still be too far away and a bit too blurry to say anything conclusive about it.

Yet, this example again shows that probably nothing can escape your notice, which is great IMO. Perhaps one of your next threads will have the potential to rival your spine discovery. Keep looking and let's keep our fingers crossed ... !

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Buttonlip

Aleister

The black thing has a shadow, which is best shown on the flashing-color gif on the Blue frame. So it seems to be a separate thing next to the rock, and not a black line on the rock.

Sorry, I still do not see it. Sorry to have intruded. I was hoping to something amazing. I am not saying it is not there, just that I still do not see it.

Well, maybe not amazing, but certainly something there.

Here, check out user Blowback's image, which he posted on page one of this thread. Blow it up to 300 percent or so. Pay particular attention to it when it flashes Blue. You can see the dark portions of the photo turn white in the Blue flashgif, and not only does Arken's object turn white, but the shadow leading away from it along turns white. This at least indicates that it is separate from the rock, is not an artifact of the picture itself, and is, of course, a mini-monolith as envisioned by a tiny Stanley Kubrick. In any case, it seems something is there, although neither Arken or anyone else can say what it is.

edit on 8-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

bugga the stick, im too busy staring at the yellow salamander on the sticks right ? and the giant freakin turtle behind it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join