It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious "Black Stick", like an antenna, on Curiosity Sol 494. A Tech Tool?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
On Curiosity Sol 494, nearby two strange rocks, a mysterious anomaly comes out from the terrain and cast its own shadow (in red, added by me), perfectly on line with the sun light . What is it? How it is possible that it is a natural formation?

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

The same anomaly from two different shots and two different perspective...

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit on 7-1-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
the whole rock must be a martian drone following the rover, it looks like some sort of marine creature, if i remember the name ill edit this.

You must have like a 100 inch monitor to catch all these stuff

errrrr in the last picture in the bottom a shadow similar to what you see on top
edit on 7-1-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
It's the NSA's wifi antenna...

They get a bit sloppy from time to time.

But seriously, you have to have the eyes of an eagle Arken,
I could look all day and not see what is right there until you point it out.

Maybe it is something that broke off of Curiosity??

S&F as usual for observational skills alone!
edit on 1/7/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

The stick/antenna rock does seem to be standing there, a mini-Kubrick monolith, and does have its own shadow. Nice find!

I see you've already colored in the "lizard" to the right of the antenna. Now I want to see the "Beluga whale skull" please.

Don't know what this is, but why did you color its shadow red? Because it's the red planet I suppose. hee hee

And on your second pic, what is that tiny well formed several-segmented rock (AMOQ: a rock) on the very bottom a little ways in from the lower right-hand corner? EDIT: I've zoomed in at 825 percent and it still looks pretty good. Well proportioned segmentation.

edit on 7-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

you have to have the eyes of an eagle Arken, ; I could look all day and not see what is right there until you point it out.

Thanks.

It's only a matter of "Find The Details"...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

the "red" shadow looks too long at the current sun angle,,,,do ya have a direct link to the high-resolution pic?? ,,,ya should always post a direct link too the pics if ya can

but your photo analysis skills are certainly improving,,,,keep up the good work ,,,
edit on 7-1-2014 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
OK Im not sure if its natural or not but it is odd

HOW THE FECK DO YOU SEE THIS STUFF?!?!?

I have a theory, Arken actually works for NASA is is part of the team that is responsible for drip feeding us info to prepare us for disclosure, There is no way an individual can spot all this stuff by themselves

S&F

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Nice Avatar: Thanks, I'm Honored....

edit on 7-1-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

IkNOwSTuff
OK Im not sure if its natural or not but it is odd

HOW THE FECK DO YOU SEE THIS STUFF?!?!?

I have a theory, Arken actually works for NASA is is part of the team that is responsible for drip feeding us info to prepare us for disclosure, There is no way an individual can spot all this stuff by themselves

S&F

Don't forget the precious help of My dog Hugo...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Blowback
reply to post by Arken

the "red" shadow looks too long at the current sun angle,,,,do ya have a direct link to the high-resolution pic?? ,,,ya should always post a direct link too the pics if ya can

but your photo analysis skills are certainly improving,,,,keep up the good work ,,,
edit on 7-1-2014 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

Right. Thanks. I've forgot to post the direct links.
Here: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
And Here: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

It just looks like a crack in the rock, what am i missing?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Buttonlip
reply to post by Arken

It just looks like a crack in the rock, what am i missing?

Glasses?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
its a broken end of the rock thats all. kif you look at the ground a few feet in front of rover you see another rock broken in two pieces as well. could be frost breaks from moisture getting into the cracks in the stone and then freezing.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

zyrktec
its a broken end of the rock thats all. kif you look at the ground a few feet in front of rover you see another rock broken in two pieces as well. could be frost breaks from moisture getting into the cracks in the stone and then freezing.

But how did the small crack get there in the 1st place?

Ill tell ya, it was tiny martians with tiny pick axes

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
looks like its missing pixels that may have got lost in transmission & they just filled them in as too not arouse suspicion

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I looked around the picture and saw other 'antennas'.

They are not rocks.

They are cracks.

In rocks.

Don't hate me.
edit on 7-1-2014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Arken

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

what about the banana peel in this pick??!! - in front of the big rock on the right...

its there - I see it!!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Arken

Glasses?

My vision is just fine. I see a black line on rock. Anything else seems nothing but subjective. I am here to learn though, please demonstrate why a black line on a rock means anything other than a shadow or a crack. So far, this thread has proved nothing but that there is a rock with a black line on it. I hope to shown my error without an empty, pointless quip.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Buttonlip

Arken

Glasses?

My vision is just fine. I see a black line on rock. Anything else seems nothing but subjective. I am here to learn though, please demonstrate why a black line on a rock means anything other than a shadow or a crack. So far, this thread has proved nothing but that there is a rock with a black line on it. I hope to shown my error without an empty, pointless quip.

The black thing has a shadow, which is best shown on the flashing-color gif on the Blue frame. So it seems to be a separate thing next to the rock, and not a black line on the rock.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I see what looks like a crack or shadow in a rock. If you look on other rocks you can see the same, maybe not as straight though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join