It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parallel Worlds Exist And Will Soon Be Testable, Expert Says

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
What is meant by parallel?
Next to, within our Universe, or a Universe that is simply similar to ours?

This whole 'other you out there' concept in my opinion is simply this (IMO);
If space is infinite, somewhere out there, due to infinity, there are beings out there. who may almost be like you, or exactly like you.

Almost the same concept of monkeys cracking your password, given enough time, some monkey somewhere will hack into your system by beating on the keyboard.

The difficult concept to understand is that billions of cells and molecules and atoms must come together randomly to be an exact copy of you, the theory says, yes, eventually that can happen.

Or not.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
For a long time I've strongly felt that the multi-verse is a "thing". I hope in my lifetime we're able to both prove it exists and also steal glimpses into the various universes running alongside ours. Imagine how awesome it would be to discover a universe where Hitler was never born and see what effect that had to technological advancements, or a universe where the atomic bomb was never invented, or where the Nazis won the war, or Napolean never existed, or where the Huns successfully conquered the known world and Rome never fell. It'd be fascinating to compare our own history to the parrallel universe to see how much historical events shaped modern society. Imagine if we found a parallel universe where alien contact was made decades ago, or has existed since man first evolved and how people in that universe would react to the news that in our universe, we're still not sure if extraterrestrial life even exists, let alone if it's friendly.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

The fact that you exist proves that it's possible for billions of atoms to come together to form "you", so that alone lends credence to the possibility of it happening again

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Though it’s been awhile, more than a few times I’ve wondered if it may be possible that multiple layers of existence might co-inhabit the same shared space-time. That maybe as I sit here making this post, there is a whole other world/existence going on right before me, through me and all around me, but yet imperceivable/unobservable from my perspective. Possibly another realm constructed of particles, or whatever, that simply don’t interact with the ones we currently recognize and are composed of. Just like the countless neutrinos passing through us every second and yet never encountering a single atom in our body.

I don’t know. I have no foundation for this notion. It’s no more than a thought passing through a hopelessly feeble brain, but it stilll intrigues me for some irrational reason. Maybe I watched too many episodes of Twilight Zone or something. Who knows? It’s still fun to think about, though...

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by netbound

I find it hard to believe there is another 'me' out there. Probably because I don't want to experience knowing what I could've become compared to what I became. Although, there are sounds we can't hear and wavelengths we can't see, so perhaps there is another 'realm' that occupies the same space as us. However knowledge of this would impact society(and control of) so dramatically I doubt the powers that be would allow information (if it is real) to escape.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
What would be a bit of concern about parallel universes is that what if they are real and others have already figured out how to travel between them and wage war or steal. If someone had the resources of 10 Earths and they combined forces to take over parallel worlds, we could be at risk and not even know it. If these people were very hostile or evil towards us, that could be a threat worse than any we have ever known. Of course if we did the same thing, we could form a strong alliance.

The problem might pop up in a scenario where a thousand very different parallel worlds all had Hitler win WWII and they continued to develop technologies that led them to discover parallel worlds 40 years ago. We might not have a chance of going up against 1000 united planets. They would be able to make threats and initiate damage if we did not comply with whatever demands. Then they could do the same to countless other worlds. They might even be concerned with so many thousands of worlds where they lost the war and find a way to destroy us. It is kind of interesting to think in a parallel world, someone invented a device used across the globe that we may have never heard of. If parallel worlds do exist, there are probably worlds where ipads and smart phones are like talking Latin.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

I've been to the place you were talking about (Venice like dimension) there are similar creatures to humans slightly different looking they have skyscraper cities, different hieroglyphics and floating holagram tvs with way better than blu ray pic and surround sound, flying transforming cars, cooler ipads, and also police like here. Also, saw the devil, he's black, and the gates of heaven but couldn't go in yet had a deal, inside the gates was empty feel like we're working our way through the universe unfoldment to get there. Then transcended it all and saw shards of light orbiting a white pulsing sphere, then transcended that and there was nothing not even darkness.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I would LOVE if this were true, and we could travel to the multiverses, it's been one of my favorite topics since I was a little girl, and wow.. Thank you for the thread I need to read through it all now, I may have an edit

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Ive had exoerience with cahnging my perception in order to experience dimensional shifts, let me just say that it is possible to see these lower and higher dimensions and that if you dont experience the shifts visually, you will never know your even changing dimensions, as my friend told me, "each day is a new dimension."

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

sanitizedinfo
Ive had exoerience with cahnging my perception in order to experience dimensional shifts, let me just say that it is possible to see these lower and higher dimensions and that if you dont experience the shifts visually, you will never know your even changing dimensions, as my friend told me, "each day is a new dimension."

How did you experience a dimensional shift? What did you experience that made you aware of this?
Is it just a happening or at will?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Yes,according to Mormon Belief , there is a parallel ,matter-less "invisible " world existing right next to us,which is composed completely of energy and which only a few people have been able to see with their eyes. All of us have a veil ,placed around us by God, so that we can't see this dimension next to us. As soon as one dies , we leave the body, and step right next door into this parallel universe ,with the veil removed.The whole material universe we see with the Hubble Telescope has an equally material-less ,invisible universe existing right next to it-eg ,a person's amputated arm can still be seen existing in a Kirlian Photograph.Removal of this veil at death allows one to remember his/her previous existence with God and the reason why they came to live in a material body on the material earth,in the first place.The reason: to gain more intelligence and possibly become a god like the Father -who wants to make some of us gods like Him. So what do you think?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

HanzHenry

Alundra
reply to post by HanzHenry

Interesting. Could it maybe have been a lucid dream ?
en.wikipedia.org...

I did not feel as if I was dreaming. And the city looked like futuristic one with weird shaped shiny metallic buildings and there was a war going on. One time thing I will always remember, kind of wish I could get hypnotized and have an artist draw what I describe. Was curious if anyone else has been to this place, the night had a reddish sunset glow in the sky instead of dark black like on earth. And the boats were a dark blue, along with the uniforms we were wearing.

The canals were approx. 100ft wide, the buildings were typical height for a big city. the weirdest part was the gunwales of the ship were unsually high, along with the bow. I woke up with that feeling you get after being on the water all day and you are in bed. That rocking motion, I swear I was there.

OP.....

what if some other parallel world stole our 1980's paradise and gave us their Bizarro 'just following orders' tyranny?

AND I THINK the parallel worlds would be a lot like Sliders. And there could really be CroMags.

maybe that was the war!.

Perhaps they weren't canals, but dockyards?. Those are easily 100 metres across. The red sky comes from sulphur emissions from ships burning coal and oil. Some types of ship like Icebreakers have reinforced gunwales.

Some examples of real world red skies:

www.rebellesociety.com...

timmorrill.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
this is very interesting and I beleave it is possible after hearing stories of people able to see things in their peripheral vision or some type of apparition where maybe these parallel dimensions touch or overlap or some type of portal opens and if the possibility of these other universes or dimensions existing at a different frequency. to me it's possible.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Im2keul

sanitizedinfo

How did you experience a dimensional shift? What did you experience that made you aware of this?
Is it just a happening or at will?

well I used my mind, and the number 8. If you affect your pineal gland 8 times by squezzing, or pumping your gland 8 times, you will perceptually travel. Which be warned may land in the psychiatric car esystem because you may attract unwanted attention. There are gatekeepers so to speak.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LordGoofus

Well, according to some people we live in different "time lines" .. But then I ask myself.. What is time ? Does it really exist outside our framework ?

Can time be manipulated or altered in such a way so that we shift into another time line ?

en.wikipedia.org...

Awesome and comprehensive replies everyone, really appreciate it

edit on 5-1-2014 by Alundra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Chronogoblin

MichiganSwampBuck
IMO, an alternate universe literally doesn't exist in our reality and you would have to cease existing in our universe if you somehow passed into another.

I think your close with that one. IMO; Our universes are connected in intangible ways. That the only separating us is frequency, and perception. I'm pretty sure our 'ceasing to exist' in this reality, is what happens when we die. My pops always used to say that, when we die, we don't 'blink out,' we simply move on to the next plane of existence. I think he was right.

Chronogoblin, I was toying with the idea of death and non-existence when I wrote the line you quoted, but I came to the following conclusion. Under the circumstances that an alternate universe existed just outside our own and a person could travel to said universe, when they entered the alt universe, they would simply disappear from our universe and appear in the alt one.

They would have existed up to that point, and everyone would remember they existed, but after leaving here, they wouldn't leave behind a decaying body. However, I can still entertain the possibility that our consciousness (in some form) can exist after death and enter an alternate universe, leaving behind a corpse.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

Perhaps you exist in both worlds?
Instead of blinking out, you trade realities with your other self?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

MichiganSwampBuck

Chronogoblin

MichiganSwampBuck
IMO, an alternate universe literally doesn't exist in our reality and you would have to cease existing in our universe if you somehow passed into another.

I think your close with that one. IMO; Our universes are connected in intangible ways.D

Under the circumstances that an alternate universe existed just outside our own and a person could travel to said universe, when they entered the alt universe, they would simply disappear from our universe and appear in the alt one.

How about if it is like the show Quantum Leap? where the traveler being swaps with some other dimension being and while you are in their body, they are sitting in yours in a waiting area.

And somehow the memory gets befuddled due to travel.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This guy Brian Greene is the king of mystical woowoo Pseudo Science.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Alundra

i have also considered this idea. if you look into quantum mechanics a little it states that if one particle, say a neutron, is in one state and the parallel positron to that neutron ALWAYS has to be in the exact opposite state. it doesnt matter if they are right next to each other or all the way across the universe

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join